Thursday, May 24, 2012

THE FUNNY FARM..?
(begun Thursday 24th May at 3.15am..)


I must have dreamt it.  I thought I heard something fall over, like a spade or something heavier, and woke up to find the mattress beneath me was hot enough to fry an egg.. That heat from natural, or unnatural sources, Mistuh SeriousIntent?  Ag, forget I asked, we already know the answer...
Sitting here now at the desk, I find I'm an inch off wearing that tight, crushing cap that he's pulled down to the tops of my ears, several times in the past..

I'd plonked myself down on the top step of the verandah at twilight to watch the first stars come out, and without any preamble at all, he'd smacked me with a swift Knife to the Head, FFS.. *injured... Just the one mind you, and that was that... He'd also run the foul Nausea Frequency yesterday, up until about 8am, when I'd noticed it had finally cleared.. Confusing?  Chill dudes... I'm just trying to make a point here...
This Creature is one that many of you seem to regard with awe, simply because he knows his way around a computer, and can unerringly hit a 67-year old in the kidneys with a laser beam, day or night....
Man, if that's all it takes to impress you, may I say your 'standards' are pretty darned low..*eyeroll...

a)  He lives scant yards away from his helpless targets.  b) He's had at least 7 years to hone his craft.  c) Prior to that, he'd had no visible employment whatsoever, but to lay about and trawl the Internet, and make his presence felt on local IRC...
Given that amount of time to indulge itself, I'd bet your average vervet Monkey would be equally as qualified by now... *yawns...
Anyways, as a means to an end it's worked admirably, and by the time the local recruiting began, the Druglord had set up his Protege as a Tutor, in the Project-required art of hacking.. Spread the word about the local Networks, get the neighbourhood guys on board, and then only explain to them that the idea was to link up as many homes as possible to improve the strength of the signal, even without many home-owner's knowledge or agreement...
All his pupils had to do was hack into their neighbour's PC and voila, they'd done their bit for the Cause... Mugs..*shrugs...

Like I've said so often before, once the Suckers had achieved this, he/she was OWNED, for AFAIK, in the early days hacking was still regarded as a crime.. I guess it was the sheer number of recruits that began voicing their doubts about this blatant illegality, that led to the Strategist's Superiors cutting a deal with the ShaikBoys, and being given carte blanche to hand out the laughable NIA-clearance coverage to every tom, dick and harry that had raised concerns over the hacking requirements...
 Since our Mo swanned off to Harvard to collect his reward, his tweed jacket draped about his shoulders, briar clamped firmly between his pearly-whites, you have to ask yourselves who he left behind that has the authority to continue handing out these spurious clearances, and whether they'd hold up in a proper Court of Law... As there are very few of those left, and they're backed up to the hilt on overload, there's little chance this would ever get to be tested, right Janneman?... *belches... 

I'd deleted Ahmet's latest Auto Response that had been waiting in my gmail yesterday morning, but later on I'd gone back over to www.holoforum.org and tried to sign in.. Not a chance..*grins.. I'd clicked on Ahmet's email icon, only to be told 'You are not permitted to send email to this User', so I'd left and gone to read up on the creator of the original holographyforum site instead....
It was interesting to find that it's not just technophobic Eejits that fall prey to Internet bullies after all, and that that apparently pleasant young fellow was subjected to some serious shit, before he gave up and passed the forum in it's new form over to Ahmet...

Is a similar laser comms. technology already operating in Canada, the US, and the UK, or as yet are they restricting themselves to the wireless over the powerlines?  The CIA's statement that they are to control the population via their appliances, pretty much answers that one, but I can't figure out why there's absolutely no mention of either lasers, or the holograms they create, on the emrrefugee group at Yahoo.. There are, but I missed them?

LATER at 4.15am

The foul Nausea frequency is flooding the room as I scribble here, and it goes to show that in these dark days, a criminal can easily outrank a fancily titled City Official..*shrugs... Chances are that Allen Spence has me on permanent Ignore by now, and I can't say I blame him....
Wassup Laz?  Man, you're fidgeting about over in your corner like a rat on an antheap... *studies the unfortunate Crumb...
I was thinking of taking up a collection to send you to a decent spa for a couple of weeks.. One with a resident shrink and all... ?  You're back like five minutes from your vacs, and shooting yourself in the foot already? Ouch!

Did Barnabas Pet IT Monkey fill you in on my immediate reaction to your Drama Queen histrionics, or did he patch you through so you could hear for yourself?  Either way, it's hoped that you were aware that once I'd vented my initial irritation, the delicious humour of your not-so-carefully engineered mischief struck me, and kept me snorting until bedtime at least... *beams...
Not quite how it was supposed to go?  Tough - But it looks to me like the double-game you're playing is finally getting to you, and the cracks are starting to widen...
Barnabas has just the panacea to cure what ails you, as your previous Boss found out too late...
It would be a damned shame to have to lose the Head of Theatrics up at Dodge, simply because you fluffed your lines so badly?

It went like this folks - My Chairman had rung mid-afternoon to say he needed to speak to me, but he would prefer not to talk on the telephone... (I'm guessing that M had finally told him that our line IS monitored 24/7, but she would of course, have carefully omitted to tell him that he too, is watched like a hawk...)
I insisted there was nothing he could say that I wasn't happy to share with my Eavesdroppers, and he finally came out with it.. Turns out there'd been a 'meeting' up at Sydenham Station a few days back, and he'd subsequently been tasked to inform me that my presence was no longer welcome at the so-called Motherbody Meetings that are held there once a month..*blinks...
That was it.. He declined to go into detail, and said he'd rather take me out for a coffee and fill me in...

He HAD said however, that my Vice Chair had been present at the time, so natch, that was the first number I'd dialled, only to find the line was busy, and it had stayed busy for over 10+ minutes.. Oddness in the extreme... I'd gone back a bit later and tried again, and this time he'd picked up and said his phone hadn't so much as registered my attempts to call, though it had been on all the time... Nothing like the old NIA clearance to achieve a bit of deliberate blocking Master?  *chokes...
Anyways, long story short... My VC had kindly filled in most of the missing bits, and the more he spoke the funnier it became...
Apparently he and my Chair had been informed that I'd been seen dancing about in front of Captain vdW's computer and actually talking to it, like a crazy woman, and that on the occasions I attend the Motherbody Meetings I don't pay attention, and thirdly, that there was highly sensitive material discussed at these Meetings... *looks pityingly at the Crumb....Pretty serious transgressions for a civilian, right?

Make your mind up dewd...If I'm not paying any attention, how could I possibly present any sort of risk to your ahem, 'highly sensitive' discussions? Oops?  A further accusation had been that me and Dennis P. were punting for the return of Des Marillier to Dodge City... *startled...
At this point you may recall that several years ago, when that Straight-as-a-die Officer fell foul of Nayager and his Boss, the Druglord Barnabas, he'd ended up being relocated all the way out to the Mariannhill Station.. A great loss to the Zone community, but despite all our petitions, he was pretty much gone forever...

I subsequently heard he'd been bumped up to what I'd thought was Head of the Cato Manor Cluster, but was told yesterday that's not the case, and I can only hope he's managed to maintain his integrity against the forces of darkness...
But anyway, back to yesterday's phone conversation, and my total surprise at hearing the startling news that I've been pushing for the Good Officers return to Sydenham... *falls over snorting...
In your dreams, Crumb!  I'd gone up to Dodge last Thursday, same as I nearly always do... I went into N's office only to be told she was in Captain vdW's office, so I trundled off and found N sitting in front of the PC.. I'd chatted quietly for a minute (there was the usual Exec Meeting going on in the Colonel's room adjoining, and the door was open).. The charming W/O had come in, and I'd said to him that it was high time they arrested Balliram, and still chuckling, I turned and left...

This brief encounter could NOT have been personally witnessed by the Head of Station, though I've no doubt at all that the unstable Comms. Officer witnessed my arrival in the little room next door, and freaked out completely...*pats the crumbling one....
It was downhill all the way from there, as your script flew out of the window, and your ad-libbing had you gibbering with rage?  It's like this Crumb - I'm not going to make the Station Commander's life any more awkward than it already is, and if my non-attendance at the Motherbody Meetings keeps certain flaky Officers from blowing a gasket, then so be it... Incidentally, the entire fiasco shrieks to be milked further does it not?  *winks.. May I suggest that if after reading this, you feel yet more revenge is required, other than that which was brutally exacted over Saturday and Sunday by the Druglord's favourite, grow a pair, and do it yourself this time? *spits...

*It's now 5.30am, and the tyres squeal on Balliram's driveway as someone tries to reverse up that steep incline and head off into the still dark morning.. The Gauteng Registered driver?  My Controller?  If it's Balliram that's trying to sneak out, Millie will begin to protest as he predictably over-compensates with his monitoring options the minute he leaves home.. *waits...

LATER at 6.10am

Nope.  Must have been the Joburg dude heading off so noisily, as Millie sleeps on...
Peace julle..

---oOo---

Thursday 24th May 2012 at 5.59pm.