Sunday, March 25, 2012

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE....
(begun Saturday 24th March at 3.45am..)


Sit back, be patient, and wait?  Did I really say that?  In mitigation, I would have meant it at the time, but as a grade-A hypocrite I can turn on a sixpence and feel no guilt...
The thing is, that I'm at the kitchen sink a LOTWith the two of us now home full time, it's like I just have to blink and there's something else in there needing to be washed up...
Whereas before I'd needed to remember to avoid standing between the two jackpoints if I could, there's nothing I can do to escape the latest delight that has our Millie shrieking at the sink... *eyeroll..

So when our poxy (oops, proxy) Service Provider decided he wasn't going to allow me to update my blog just after 8am yesterday, by means of employing all manner of mischief to our interwebz connection, I gave my seat up to the GW and headed out into the garden instead, in my ongoing quest to find the source of my latest misery...
I began by climbing up onto the first terrace above the courtyard, where I'd covered that ghostly green hologram with a metal shield a few days ago.. I guess I was looking for anything that might explain the new torture device that Balliram now employs with such stunning effect in our kitchen, though I wasn't holding my breath..
In this instance, it has to be my limited thinking that's holding me back.. Yeah, I guess you never thought you'd hear me say that..*cackles... But seriously, I walk into that pain and walk out of it again, so natch I figure whatever he's using has to be nearby, and probably in LOS to the sink...  Haul the plastic tiered veggie rack out into the courtyard and go through the jumble of stuff that's kept there?  Looking for what, FFS?
A blob of some oddly coloured substance, hastily applied to one of its many corners?  Only the top shelf is reserved for actual vegetables, while the rest is stuffed with all sorts of easily accessible gardening implements.. Shears, Mallets, a roll of wire - you name it, it's crammed onto those plastic shelves.. *shrugs...

Needless to say, I found nothing as I clambered awkwardly about on that first terrace.. Well, not exactly nothing, but zilch that I felt could tie in to what I was looking for...  *I've been sitting here in front of the PC for about 15 minutes so far, and I swear I've got the beginnings of a headache coming on.  Some new sleight of hand there, o Master?*
It's brought home to me daily just how unobservant I am, and you could move a large boulder ten feet overnight and I'd look at it the next morning and be none the wiser.. Sad, but true..
My short-term memory is non-existent, and always has been, as much as I'd like to blame Balliram for that particular flaw....

Once I'd given up ferreting about on the terrace I'd come on down and hacked back the leafy wall-creeper outside the lounge windows.. There's an old-fashioned serving-hatch between our lounge and the kitchen which, at a stretch, still gives LOS to the sink from the side path outside...  I'm clutching at bloody straws here and I know it, but the pain is so intense just there, that my cooked head insists the source is nearby.. Maybe it's all just psychosomatic, and simply the result of an extreme aversion to washing up, hey Janneman? *winks..
I'm more aware than most, of the power of the mind, and how it can so easily fool one into taking the wrong path.. *curtseys deeply...

I eventually gave up my search and came indoors to find that the internet connection had been frustrating the old man as well, though at least his pages were loading, and I finally got to sit down and update my blog...
As one of very little brain, I still find it curious that despite being signed into blogger, and it constantly telling me it's Saving while I type, when I hit Publish it says Connecting... Is that how it works?  It's almost as if even though I'm logged in, I'm surreptitiously being disconnected until my Network Admin has had time to go over my words and edit them if need be... Weird, and can most likely be ascribed to paranoia, though the format bar has certainly changed it's appearance within the last 2 or 3 days... *belches... Small but unsettling changes, that are guaranteed to have my antenna waving wildly in confusion....

I don't remember saying anything aloud when I'd stepped out earlier onto the verandah to be greeted by not one, but two purring 'nunus,' whose reflected sound came from the direction of der Bunker.. If it was a gesture designed to raise my flagging spirits it failed, though it's the thought that counts, hey Creep?  *waves... I'm going to pack it in for a bit and do something else... Cheers..

Sunday 25th March at 3.30am..

Hmm.. I've not put the fan on in here and still there's a background noise of like, gas escaping, (don't be RUDE!), and if I cup my ears like a proper oldie, it gets much louder.. *curious...
I've already been out and heard the Wireless song belting out from the mini base station, but this is a much more muted version and sounds very close.. Does he see my infra-red image sitting here, cupping my ears, for the volume appeared to fade a bit, though it's not stopped altogether...
The shy nunu nearby gave a couple of quiet squeaks, and suddenly Millie's come properly awake.. Irritable again, Balliram?
Maybe a course of Evening Primrose Oil capsules would do the trick, and ease you over this difficult time of life?  You'd rather take your mood swings out on your hostages?  Sure you would..*pats the Chop cautiously....

As the day wore on, the Coward set the levels of BackFire off the scale, so I busied myself outdoors with my trusty screwdriver, and then I'd climbed up to study the rafters in the front of the house.. I found nothing remarkable, though the hole around the satellite dish mast appears to have grown bigger and needs attention...
I even managed to get the GW to venture down to the boundary line to study the el cheapo job done to raise the wall between ours and No. 6, which looks as though a strong wind would have it all down again.. *snorts...
Clearly at a loss for entertainment, Balliram cut the power at 2.30pm, and I'm starting to sense a pattern here..  Has Allen Spence told our Area Controller that he doesn't appreciate getting my enraged texts at 2 or 3am of a morning, and to stick to filling his load-shedding quota during respectable hours?
Did I welcome the respite from pain once the power was off?  Did I, Hell!  Weren't you listening?  Having no electricity doesn't stop the wireless from flooding into your home, and you'd better believe it...
The Sadist had amused himself for a while, nuking me fiercely as I sat reading in the corner of the lounge.. At one stage sending me Knives to the Jaw so badly that I'd told him aloud to fuck off, which he did temporarily... *sighs...
I'd heard the thumping of his sound system coming from der Bunker well before the power was restored at 5.10pm, and though I'd unplugged pretty much everything else, I'd left a wall light on in the lounge to announce it's return... Would the Courageous Couple have you believe they also suffer during load-shedding, and go without their power?  *falls over choking... A solar-powered sound system?  Gennie?

It's now 4.35am and the nearby hadedas are startled by a sudden change in the air, as my back teeth twinge briefly in sympathy.. The little nunu outside gives a couple of hasty squeaks before falling silent again....
However confident you are that a fate such as ours would never be your lot, it may be wiser for you to regard my sleep-inducing waffles as a survival manual, rather than a litany of woe.. *grins..
Were you to fall foul of an equally sadistic Area Controller, employed by a callous Druglord, I've no doubt that you have the grey matter needed to extricate yourself from the situation...
Ours is hopefully a worst-case scenario, and I fear one that has been compounded by my unpleasant disposition... *shrugs...

The GW's Polo came back from it's service at Alpine Motors in Pinetown with several new and worrying noises, that I'd remarked on immediately.. He's subsequently been told that there's a few grands worth of work that needs to be done, involving the brushes?  As I've previously mentioned this establishment and their treatment of my VC, I guess I needn't reiterate my warnings... *yawns...
If the rain holds off I've a bit more scrambling to do up on the first terrace.. Wish me luck.. *waves..
Peace..

---oOo---

Sunday 25th Marchy 2012 at 10.39am.