Friday, November 11, 2011

WORN THIN...
(begun Friday 11th November at 11.20am...)


The only auspicious thing that happened between 11 minutes to 11am, and 11 minutes past, was the BullyBoy's continued refusal to grant the GW the iBurst connection he pays for... *belches loudly... The tired 'remote computer not responding' is trotted out at each attempt the old man makes, and basically it's a small variation on a corrupt scheme that first picked up pace last Friday...
Both Mr. Halliday and tradepage have more than confirmed their cosy relationship with Jannie van Zyl, and are now forced to dance to his tune, whether they like it or not...

I, on the other hand, got first dibs this morning, and was left unmolested, to catch up and type out two separate blogs, while Dominic King and the Principal watched.. Lenny's practising his hacking skills?  Spare me!  A mini mid-life crisis Mr. Principal?  As I honestly can't see Len having the time to indulge in quite such a peurile exercise, I imagine he's simply logged on to gmail and gone about his teaching business, leaving his name highlighted for my entertainment... *grins...

Saturday 12th November at 4.10am..

I wasn't rudely snatched from Morpheus' arms overnight, and I s'pose I should be grateful for small mercies.. *eyeroll... Ungrateful cow that I am, I find I don't really care one way or the other.... The muffled doef-doef of my Controller's sound system was still going when I hit the sack last night, and I'd lay odds it went on into the early hours... *yawns...
Who knew that the Land of Backward Behaviour would arrive at the top of the Faraway Tree and stay for so long?  Everything you were ever told about honesty and integrity, truth and courage, has to be unlearned, if you're to navigate this strange new world safely...
Criminal behaviour is encouraged and applauded, and Druglords, Crime bosses and Thieves rule the roost..
There was never a chance that I'd find my way back to that little ladder and freedom, before it moved on, so I simply have to make the best of the situation...

While I'm on the subject of backward behaviour, I'd been speculating on who it was that continued to set off an industrial strength explosion once or twice each day, right up until Thursday at least...  An occupant of Challenge?  The home and workplace for the mentally disabled, just across Jan Smuts, from the entrance to Harris Crescent?
Close, but no cigar!  Turns out that these acoustic delights are being detonated by some of the Accident-Chasers that gather here under the Freeway bridge daily, in the hopes of picking up some business....
Yep, and just in case there aren't any fender-benders or worse, and business is slow, one of those astute tow-truck drivers has been upping the ante each rush hour by exploding a bomb right by that busy intersection... Call the cops?  *falls over choking...

If it wasn't the Rotten Apples from Dodge City that came up with that brilliant idea in the first place, I'd be surprised, so calling SAPS or Metro would be pretty pointless... Any success?  Any drivers startled enough by that huge echoing explosion to hit the accelerator instead of the brakes? *curious... Anyone smack into the car ahead and climb out intending to angrily accuse a faceless tow-truck driver of causing the accident, only to be surrounded by a gang of aggressive and mean-looking heavies, denying any culpability?  Beautiful!   *snorts....  Small mischiefs, but cunning enough to earn a place on these pages fosho....

Are my VC's laptop and PC also being used by Balliram as a destination for his pupils who are studying the art of hacking?  Nazneen? Any idea?  *interested....  He appears to encounter almost as much mischief on his machines as we do, and one has to wonder how many of his problems are caused by Balliram's over-enthusiastic pupils, or not... *yawns...
Did you ever get the importance of that little facet of the Wireless operation?  It will be glossed over and shrugged off as a minor but necessary part of your enrolment to the Project, when in fact, simply by following your Tutor's instructions and hacking into someone else's system, you've committed a criminal offence, and are now an accredited member of the Gang....  Try and back out further down the line, and you'll be reminded of your achievement, and told that ultimately it had been YOUR decision to comply, and that you're now as much a criminal as all the others.. *winks...

That alone should be enough to get you to STFU and continue obeying your nearby Controller's amiably couched orders....
The fact that my VC continues to be left out of the loop should in theory, have you questioning your own participation... Why would such a good person be considered unable to grasp the merits of this wondrous scheme, when such as Yogesh Naidoo have bought into it, lock stock and barrel?  What is the flaw in my Vice Chair's character that precludes him from being approached and recruited?
Modest and humble, the chap has no idea of the time and effort gone to by the Rotten Apples to take him out of the picture...His dogged honesty and integrity drive you lot nuts with irritation, hey Laz?  *teeth...

The carefully orchestrated smear-campaign designed to label him anti-Muslim, when he is simply doing the job he was elected to do, and passing on the community's complaints regarding the wholesale take-over of the Sherwood COMMUNITY Playing field?  You'll have to do better than that, O Crumby One... *snorts...
He relies on his phones and computers to operate his business, so render them useless one way or the other?  It's unsurprising then, to find that he goes for days without an internet connection, or his landline is removed, or his power cut..

While I have long-standing issues with self-image, and can understand why not a soul has leapt to my defence over the years, I confess I'm a little startled to find that none of you are prepared to voice your disgust at my Vice Chair's shabby treatment... *sighs...  Your reluctance to step out of line and speak out in my VC's defence certainly indicates just how owned you really are... *shrugs... Certainly there are ongoing attempts being made to convert him to the Cause, but so far they've failed.. Just last week he attended a Function and says he was approached by a total stranger who sat down and proceeded to launch into a monologue on the merits of computerised education for the masses.. An oblique reference to the Wireless Surveillance project most definitely, and an effort to plant a seed in his head, would be my guess...
Approach him from the learning angle and who knows, he might be persuaded to overlook the basic human rights violations included in the package?  Pull the other one, dudes....

Balliram didn't bother to camouflage his mischief yesterday, and once I'd been allowed to update my blog and had disconnected, all attempts to reconnect, up until last night, were declined....
I can blether on about Halliday's participation in this corruption until I'm blue in the face, and it isn't going to change anything...
Only you can do that.. If my frantic struggles continue to amuse and delight you, then find the balls to voice your repugnance at this ongoing mischief...

You're all aware by now that my dear husband might as well be on a retainer for the Project, for all the support he's given me in this regard...
Why then do you condone the removal of our internet connection?  You're bored by my endless shrieks of outrage, and so what if the GW is included in the mischief, as you've seen the writing on the wall and don't dare draw attention to yourselves? Makes sense to me.. *yawns again...
OTOH, it won't stop me from prodding you chicken-hearted bastards with a stick, when I'm given the opportunity... (infrequent as that's becoming)..  For I am Toad the Thick, and have turned beating my own head bloody into an art form... Show some dignity havohej?  With a nick like that, how could I refuse? *collapses....

Oddly enough, this withered old circus freak turned out to have more cojones than the lot of you put together, and besides, dignity is highly over-rated.... Get this cheap goonda thug off of my already occupied back, and insist that the both of us are able to connect to the internet when WE choose, and not at the whim of a deranged Monkey..
I hear myself and have to chuckle at the futility of my efforts.. Take care out there, and peace...

---oOo---

Saturday 12th November 2011 at 8.19am.