Thursday, November 10, 2011

STIRRING THE POT...
(begun Thursday 10th November at 3.15am...)

* Now Friday 11th Nov at 8.04am.. If my Controller renders our paid-for internet service unusable in order to show me that he CAN in fact live happily without me, why did he come into my bedroom this morning at exactly 1.49am and pay me such viciously sadistic attention?  Why was he in my bathroom yesterday afternoon?  *winks...*

I surfaced just too late to prevent Millie's mischief, and an hour later here I am in the lounge being treated to a haphazard chorus of wirelessed nunus nearby, and the invisible bird right down by Kasim's near Jan Smuts..*yawns..
Before I forget, I got my little Bosch electric mower back from the Repairman on Tuesday... He told the GW that there'd been an incredible amount of dirt clogging it up, and I was lucky it hadn't melted down sooner.  He'd had to unscrew a covering plate to get to the problem, and had cleaned it and sharpened the blades, and despite that the GW insists it's at least 10 years old, the chap said it's running like new.. *dances... The thing is, that I know my mower as well as I know my little banger.. Every sound they make is familiar to me, and if I say that the Bosch was being spiked on purpose that Friday, it was most certainly being spiked.. It's unlikely the cylinder would've gone round at all if she was so clogged with dirt, and in between the spikes it was running just fine.. The Repairman has to make a living, and I consider R250 for a clean and sharpen a bargain...
Over the years I've made a point of drying and wiping it down meticulously each time I use the machine, but to get to the dirt that the Mender said had caused the problem, a whole section had to be unscrewed and taken off.. Not something your average User would think to do, and certainly not this Fool.. I'm frankly delighted with the outcome, and consider that once again Balliram's spite has backfired...

The mischief with our Internet Service continues, and on Tuesday mid-morning I discovered it had been scrambled in similar fashion to Friday's farce, shortly after our Controller had had a go at the mower.
Despite that we connected to iBurst without a problem and google loaded OK, any sites we clicked on merely resulted in a blank white page.. Oddly enough the GW managed to achieve a Kaspersky update before giving up and logging off... *winks...
I'd called my ex-Treasurer's home just a few houses higher up the road, and was told they had no problems at all with International or anything else... *yawns... When the GameWrecker rang our Service Provider tradepage, he'd been asked what area the problem was occurring in, and once he'd said Sherwood the tech launched into his parroted speech.  iBurst had intermittent problems in this area and iBurst had not given tradepage the reasons for these problems...(read Balliram) *winks...

Missus Bernie rang at lunchtime on Tuesday to say that four guys in a grey car had just tried to break through the gates at No. 16.. Apparently the alarm had gone off and they'd left smartly.. The Good man had just dropped his daughter off and she'd once again been home alone when the thugs arrived and was, as a result, traumatised....
I guess I've remarked often enough of the organised Crime Boss Nayager's partiality for this type of scenario, and how he prefers to target vulnerable women..*shrugs...
He had his yobs repeat their performance yesterday after 10.30am, only this time the GW had seen a red Chico lurking behind the trees and bushes across the valley, and had fetched the binoculars to study them, at which point they'd moved the vehicle out of sight..
As it turns out, they didn't go far, and I'm told that three of them first scaled Balliram's front deck, probably using the huge strangler fig, as I've seen them do before.. At that point B.Snr's gardener saw them and they cleared off and most likely went by my place and into the Scrabble Player's yard from the valley..

His eldest was also on her own and locked indoors, and she had her music cranked up so that she didn't hear Joey's frantic surprised bark when he saw the intruders.. He quietened down right away and I shrugged off the brief noise and carried on reading..*sighs... The thugs were just exiting the Scrabble Player's door onto the street when Freddie the Accountant from No. 12 arrived home from an outing and rang Missus Scrabble Player, who was also out and about...
I guess Nayager's three hirelings had at that point strolled back down to Kasim's, where the Chico was conveniently parked out of sight, and had then left the area...
Missus SP had called the cops, and by that time I was up on the verge intending to go next door and give the young girl my spare Nokia for safety, when three SAPS Sydenham vehicles arrived with a flourish, jam-packed with armed officers... *chokes... You've gotta love the guys... The Chico was long gone, her family had arrived and given her my phone, and we all settled back down to an uneasy quiet....

Much as my blog serves as propoganda FOR the Project, does Mike McCarthy continue to do his bit, even from his new home in Spain... Go read his comment made yesterday on www.durbanite.co.za on the Streetkids thread, and be afraid....

An engineered crimewave down at Umkomaas to persuade the die-hards down there to hop aboard the Wirelessed Surveillance scheme?  Sure sounds like it to me, and I'd not be at all surprised to hear their streets have been dug up and great bales of cabling lie everywhere, and that the AirWing chopper has been overhead regularly for the last few months... *spits...
Was the visit by the thieves to Mack's own home down there merely a random one, or was it carefully engineered as payback for his scathing posts on durbanite?   You'll have to decide that one for yourselves..  It's quite likely that Esme has also made it onto Nayager's To Do list by now, and hopefully she'll figure this out and take added precautions...

Chopping sounds late yesterday afternoon had me going out the front to see a sturdy little mulberry tree in the valley next to the Creep's deck being destroyed... Will he wrap razor wire around the trunk of the so easily accessible strangler fig in the far corner?  Or put spikes on the decking down that side?  In the past I've watched from my verandah if you recall, at how simple it is to climb, and yet nothing has ever been done to reinforce that particular point.. *curious...
Is this the result of the conversation I heard in the passageway by der Bunker a few weeks back? Where both my name and cutting down the trees were mentioned in the same sentence? No, I hadn't forgotten, Balliram.. *finger..

The GW and I were to have headed up to Rosetta today to air the kid's rondi before she arrives back next week.. Due to the early hour that I was woken this morning, I've decided I won't be good company for the old man, and I'll stick to my usual routine instead.. Much as I love the countryside up in the Midlands, there's way more interesting things happening down this way at present, and the GW will have to make the trip solo... *shrugs..

The Sydenham Heights Body Corporate group who'd been given to believe their problems would receive special attention by the new Sector Policing forum, will surely have been reminded about tonight's Meeting as well?  Not?  I sent through those names and numbers with a request that they get a timely reminder, weeks ago... There's a Body Corporate Meeting tonight, so they won't be able to attend the CPF? Now why am I not surprised.. Inevitably the Syd. Heights Meetings would be arranged for the same Monday nights we held our CPF Meetings... Whether sheer coincidence or carefully designed I know not... Now that those three blocks fall into the Struggle Activist's Ward, the ladies from the Body Corp are going to have to be persuaded to change their priorities.. Good luck with that...

LATER at 5.56am

I've just booted up and connected to check my mail but alas, google is loading sans it's familiar logo.. Short of having a brick shovelled up my nose, I guess the message is clear that Mr. Halliday no longer values the GWs custom and he's assigned our proxy Monkey to let us know, one way or the other? *winks...

LATER at 11.15pm

The runoff from No. 1 Kings Avenue in Westville this morning had to be seen to be believed, and yet I continue to read Press articles decrying illegal water connections..*blinks.. And don't try the rain thing either..
Are the FTTH Elite not themselves thieves, as such huge volumes of water are run down roads at a cost borne by the unfortunate ratepayers?
Balliram had lurked about this morning until we were both on the driveway, at which point he hooted and swept past on his way up to Dodge City, making sure the GW registered his departure.. *eyeroll..
His theatrics are wasted on the old man, who considers him no more than a troublesome lout, and certainly not someone who hangs avidly onto every word uttered in our home, and who controls our power supplies.. Shame... *shrugs..
Peace julle..

---oOo---

Friday 11th November 2011 at 9.11am.