Saturday, November 05, 2011

FLIPPING THE BIRD...
(Begun Friday 4th November at 6.50am..)


The heat, when I'd finally staggered through to the lounge earlier, was like a wall, and more so when I opened the front door...Berg wind?
At 5.45am I hustled out to water my thirsty cabbages, before the sun came up to fry them...  While standing there with the hose going, looking down on that powerful light that Balliram was still running, hours after daylight, it was suddenly extinguished, and I flipped it the bird...
A minute later and a hand appeared at the open window next to the light and moved the curtains aside... I waved and it withdrew...

Last night at 9.01pm I'd made a note that the temperature gauge next to my bed read 25.5C.. Pretty warm, I think you'll agree.. I didn't check it again this morning, but guess that it had gone up to the top end of the twenties...
Odd then that their bedroom window was open, as I stood watering the garden?  Four large fancy aircon units that I know of, and yet to all intents and purposes they weren't being used, despite the mini heatwave overnight?  Economising, since the costly installation of solar power?  Right.  *winks...

LATER at 10.45am

Wide-eyed innocence is what the Courageous Couple have always employed, with stunning success... He'd tweak a basic function on our computer and wait till I howled in protest, before swiftly restoring it and insisting it was a Retard's User error... *shrugs... Fascinating to note that this morning, while granted an iBurst connection, and google appears to load, everything else displays a blank white screen...
I did manage to access my gmail at one point, but since then it's all gone pear-shaped, and restarting from scratch doesn't fix the problem... *winks...
I finally packed in my attempts and instead I got out my sturdy little electric mower which had worked so beautifully just the Friday before last... This time the engine gave a clear indication that it was being spiked repeatedly, and it kept cutting out as a result....
 A variation on a really tired theme, but natch, the GW is going to lug it up to the agents, so this round goes to the Arsehole next door...*applauds...

LATER at 11.55am

The Knob's car has finally left, and there's a droog working inside theirs with a noisy power tool, while Mr. Golf-Cap labours outdoors in the heat...
I've just activated the usual Kaspersky Full Scan, but of course that will change nothing..*yawns...
I've told you often enough how the desk lamp would dip visibly as Balliram accessed that jack behind the sofa, and though only a very few of you will be privy to the exact reason for this occurrence, I'm still of a mind that it enrages him when I reset that particular walljack, or unplug it....
Since the iBurst modem fiasco a month or so ago, the GW now uses that same jackpoint to power up the modem, though that isn't the reason for Balliram's anger, and I'm certain of it...

Lawd I love puzzles!  Even those I'll never solve are tasty... Like now, out on the front lawn in the hot wind, pulling weeds.  I'd moved next to the birdtray that stands atop a sturdy metal pole and Millie had shrieked as if a knife was driven into her... I moved away and she shut up immediately.. More inexplicable magic to mull over... *grins.. I've just been out again, and this time I put myself between the pole and the big valley-facing light on der Bunker and BINGO! - No knife to the back, but instead a sudden deep ache in my hip joint!  Whatever is pouring out of that particular fixture is totally unaffected by the shrubs between us... *beams...

The Director called this morning to say that reports had reached her that Mr. Dawood of the Roseann c.c had the Developers in the horse-yard up by Hugo Road earlier this week.  The Objectors had made some hasty calls and on querying why there had been no official acknowledgement to the objections raised by the Community, they discovered that they'd been given the incorrect address at which to lodge their documented objections.
Ring a familiar bell, anyone?  Small mischiefs?  The application for the madressa on the Sherwood Public Field to be upgraded, and which turned out astonishingly to include the erection of a mosque, before any objections could be raised?  *grins..
Just more of our Mo Shaik's grandiose promises made to the Islamic community in return for their total support of the Metro-Connect Wireless Surveillance Project... An operation that holds just as many health risks for the Muslim community as any other, but were risks that had carefully been omitted from the fine print.. In this case, what they don't know could well kill them, hey Mo?  But slowly and with no proof, is what makes the Wireless over Powerlines scheme a Winner, not so?

The murk surrounding the loss of Missus Scrabble-Player's brand new vehicle from her driveway last week has lifted slightly... When she took delivery of her new vehicle from the Ethekwini Toyota Dealers on the Friday, they'd said her spare key would only be available on Monday..(!!!) Who at that Dealership is working with the Felon Nayager so closely that they could arrange for the car to be stolen the same day it was collected by the owner?  Who exactly had access to that spare key?  Which Ethekwini Toyota Dealership?  It makes no difference, for each one will have at least one stooge planted to dance to the Curry Mob's tune... *belches...
Missus Scrabble Player told the GW yesterday evening that there was an IT tech down at their's to try and fix her computer, as it had crashed.. *sniffs the air...
Another whose internet is supplied on the whim of the Cracker next door?  Does she ever visit these pages, or was she discouraged from doing so?

Has anyone whispered to her to go hunt down Karl Muller at mybroadband.co.za and see the peril she and her family face?  My excellent Neighbour at No. 10 insists that he already lives with the Christmas Beetle chorus... His girls as well?  *nauseated....
Although he also insists he's not a part of the Metro Connect Sherwood Network, the two huge lamps over his front door tell a different story altogether.. More of Alben's handiwork perchance?  Wiring up his 'friends' home without their knowledge, and thereby putting the entire family's health at risk? *gags.. My head is about to explode, so I'm going to trundle off and try and catch some zzz's.. Cheers..

LATER at 3pm

I guess I got lucky and had a short nap, but I've just booted up to find that nothing's changed on the computer and the corruption continues... Funny how the GW managed to load mybroadband this morning, when nothing else would load..  For a second I'd kidded myself that rpm had ordered our Controller to keep his grubby fingers away from the Forum, but that's a crazy thought, and we don't do crazy...

My attempt to reply to Mike McCarthy's latest comment aimed my way on durbanite's ShackDweller thread, was also unsuccessful yesterday.  When I'd hit the Reply button it had failed again, so I'd copied and pasted my reply into an email to young Leon himself, and it'll be interesting to see whether it's published or not....
I've just called my Good Neighbour to see if their tech had gotten their PC back up and she said yes, the kid was using the internet as we spoke, so clearly ours is an 'isolated' problem... Ooops?  *beams...
Once again I have to wonder whether Ian Halliday so much as hesitated for a second before he gave his agreement to Jannie van Zyl that we were to be guinea pigs for the Project, and that so many of his wirelessed customers would also receive their service via a 'proxy' (read Area Controller).
And no, Ian dear, it's not enough that today Colin P Balliram is giving us the iBurst signal my husband pays for, if he's corrupting the service and rendering it unusable.. *shrugs... I'll bet you'd be offended if I were to say you're no better than the most corrupt of our City officials, and in fact more so, because of the health risks involved in this operation... Another Keen-to-make-a-buck Plonker who chose to take van Zyl's word that it was safe?  Fosho you are... *vomits...

I spoke to Councillor Lefevre today, and I actually remembered to remark on his apparent registration at durbanite... Was I surprised when he said he wasn't familiar with the site, and was unaware that he had his own page on which to interact with his constituents?  It's going to take more than that to startle me these days..*yawns..
BTW, the Councillor says he's on www.mobilitate.co.za and if you're in Ward 31 you may interact with him there.. Good luck with that, as it's a site created by the Muni, for the Muni, and you'd better believe it....

I've just stepped into the kitchen to meet that high-pitched whine again.. Pretty impossible to trace where it's coming from with all the daytime background noise, but I've no doubt our Area Controller is behind it... Was Missus Courageous thrilled to hear her SO spiked my lawnmower this morning?  A seriously proud moment?  You recall how I nailed him fair and square doing the identical thing to my hairdryer?  Spiking it so the safety override would kick in and it would switch off?  Once I mentioned that I NEVER run the thing on it's hottest setting, it became obvious what was happening and that mischief stopped...

Now it's the lawnmower, as the same modus was used, and I could hear the engine struggling with the spikes until it cut out.. Yet more proof that our Controller needs to employ corruption to make any impression at all, poor Sod...
YOU'RE not like that?  Are you sure of that? My word - if you've been fooled into thinking hacking your neighbour's system is okay, then I have to wonder how soon before you sink deeper into the mire..
Right, I must go bathe, as Piggy Wiggy will be waiting avidly for the highlight of his day..
A vital part of the entire monitoring exercise, Balliram?  It appears that someone other than myself is making a complete ass of you, with equal ease... *roffels.. It's quite likely our interwebz will be removed again soon enough, so you enjoy the break while you can....

Peace..

---oOo---

Saturday 5th November 2011 at 10.47am...