Saturday, June 11, 2011

IT'S WHO YOU KNOW...
(begun Friday 10th June early...)


My own hypocrisy knows no bounds? My near 180 degree change in tone and attitude to my Captors?  Maybe if you could find a couple of top of the range Behavioural Scientists who aren't owned by those Captains of the Telecoms Industry?  Who haven't already been bought and paid for by the Project Authors themselves?
My knowledge of the finer workings of the Stockholm Syndrome is as it is with everything else - little to zip, and yet I'll stick my withered neck on the block and say I'd lay odds I'm a classic case study... *yawns...
That it finally took the engineered removal and inevitable death of one of the two disposable pawns that our Master had acquired from the SPCA, to stop my repugnant grovelling and whining once and for all...

To this day Missus Courageous will insist that their hands are clean, and I've no doubt hers are... Her husband and his repulsive buddy Nayager's, are not, and I've never for a second doubted that my accusations were anything but the truth....
That on Sunday 3rd January 2010, the little female dog was easily enticed into someone's car nearby and driven off to be dumped at a point where it was almost certain she wouldn't survive... Her Twin escaped the 'arranged' outing, simply because he couldn't be caught....

I subsequently gave up the endless round of rescuing him from the road and putting him back over their wall, in mid-July 2010, after I'd begun taking pictures and noting times and dates of just how often he was left to dodge traffic on the busy little street... Eventually I simply didn't return him, and to this day he remains our foster-child... Theft, Balliram?  You want the R400 odd that you probably paid for the neglected and unloved creature you purchased for a premeditated purpose?  Say the word and the money is yours, though your reputation is already in tatters.. *snarls...
That was probably the turning point for me, and I'd guess that a Behavioural Scientist would confirm that this may well have been the catalyst that I'd needed to come out fighting... *shrugs...

LATER at 8.05am....

I'd gone through to the lounge about twenty minutes ago and had sat down to check my email, at which point the TV screen was summarily shut down, and had to be reset...
The GW tells me that when he initially came through first thing this morning, the decoder was stuck with no signal at all, and he says IHO it was due to the storm earlier on...
It simply doesn't occur to him to question why the signal isn't restored within the time promised by Mweb/Multichoice, or why indeed it's not restored at all, until we reset the telly..*eyeroll..

A storm?  By that time I'd gone back to Cloud 9 and was lying there comparing the thunder and lighting to Close Encounters... Are the Visitors keeping an even closer eye on the Project's progress, than the Authors themselves?  *shrugs..

LATER at 3.10pm..


When I'd logged on to update my blog earlier, the font colour icon in blogger had persisted in switching itself off and on.. *yawns... Dom or halicon doing Gate duty, perhaps?  The Les Paul logo on google had become a bad replica of the real thing, and the little recording device didn't even have it's buttons.. A clone of a clone of a clone?  *interested...
I finally published at 10.04am and am curious to know when it actually appeared on blogger, or if indeed it was published at all... *belches loudly...

Saturday 11th June at 4.25am

One loud and familiar chirrup at this hour on a Saturday morning, means His Shiftyness is just getting in from an all-nighter.... Any additional audible fumbles with his remote and you may assume he's enjoyed himself... *winks...  Just before he'd left to head home, he couldn't resist sending me a savage reminder of his total ownership.. A reminder that got me off Cloud 9 quite speedily, and sitting here chatting with you lot... Same old, in fact... *yawns...

There was a flyer in our box from a Gary of J S Electronics, offering us a special deal on an ADT alarm system, despite that we have a Blue Security sign up on our garage.. *blinks..  Armed response is big business these days, and probably sits pretty high on the list next to the Funeral Industry...
What do you do?  You hand over armloads of cash to have your house wired up to save you and your assets from criminals, oblivious to the fact that the likes of Balliram and Nayager can now override your new system at the tap of a key....
No 16's alarm system is OWNED, and hardly a week goes by without the Genius next door amusing himself with a couple of spikes to set it off, ensuring that the unfortunate Home Owner has to leave his business and head home to check his property...
It might be a good idea therefore, to check on who runs the Metro Connect system in your street, before you spend a fortune on wiring up your property to an armed response company, or you could end up crying all the way to the bank...

My staunch Vice Chair tells me that once again his internet access is being blocked by the so-called Sherwood Network, and that he has had to arrange for his tech to come out and fix it.. *vomits... As he knows our Crooked City Manager personally, would it pay him to complain in that direction on this latest devilment?  *strokes whiskery chin... The Sherwood Network is after all, a part of Metro Connect's efforts to link up the entire Zone to the Grid, is it not?
Maybe I'll ask the Scrabble-Player's advice when I next see him, for he's most assuredly a valued member of the LAN, and will be able to tell me whether it's a By Invite Only setup or whether my VC may apply to join.. *winks....
The mere fact that Ghandhi's great grandson hasn't been approached to sign on, should give you insight into who is behind this Network... You have to ask yourselves why such a man, who is dedicated to assisting the community, wouldn't be an asset to any local network...
My guess is that he would see through the lies and subterfuge directly, and cry foul rather more loudly than would suit the criminals running the show... *winks..

I sent through an sms to Dodge City yesterday, to say that I'd emailed the latest CPF Minutes (there was a reason for this) and received a reply that their mail server was down.. I didn't hesitate but sent a further text to say I'd do a print out and drop it off... Needless to say, their Server recovered with alacrity.. *chokes...
An unannounced visit from this pesky old fart would never do, and I had to smile as I imagined Lazzie's dismay at the mere thought, and the subsequent haste with which their email problems were sorted out...

The Mast Fighter is appearing on Carte Blanche tomorrow night, and it would pay you to watch, if only for the fact that she's a thorn in the Telecom's Strategist's side... Whether or not she's figured out that the explosion of masts across the country are to aid the various Metro Connect Systems, rather than to give the consumer a better cellphone signal, is anyone's guess, but she's certainly drawing unwanted attention to the shocking increase in EMR levels, and the affect it's having on more and more of the population...

The whistleblower is back on www.durbanite.co.za as he/she tippytoes cautiously around my favourite subject... Once again apparently concentrating on the dodginess of tender awarding, and avoiding the meat of the matter, which is to say the invasion of privacy now enabled by Metro Connect's surveillance technology.. *yawns...
It took but a click to agree to be the whistleblower's friend, but in truth it's not a luxury either of us can afford right now, and I don't look to that quarter for help any time soon... My unpleasant demeanour precludes me from acquiring any real friends, and I ain't about to change and roll on over... *grins..
However tempting it would be to accept any kudos for my lame attempts at doggerel made all those years back, I've no idea where the words came from, and guess I was just a conduit for someone else's sense of humour.. *shrugs...
Even my own suggestion that I may be some sort of pre-cog has fallen flat on it's face, as I repeatedly confirm just how thick I really am.. *chokes...

I ran a full Kaspersky scan last night and rebooted afterwards to find that the really poor quality and fuzzy clone of the Les Paul guitar logo remained on the opening google page... Though this may amuse the more crass of my Controller's fanbois, ek maak mos sterk beswaar...
Responsibility is a concept foreign to Balliram, but I'm here to remind him that as both our Network Admin and Area Controller, managing a service that my husband fondly imagines comes from Ian Halliday and tradepage, it's time to act like the middle-aged knob he is, and to quit using the GameWrecker's computer as a classroom for the advanced Cracker classes he runs....
Pot? Kettle?  Rubbish!  There's no comparison... No-one in their right mind would give me control over neighbourhood power lines, and you have to wonder whether the Druglord Barnabas was sampling his own products the day he enlisted Balliram as Area Controller.. *eyeroll.. It's always been about WHO you know, hey, o Mighty One?  *winks..

Peace...

---oOo---

Saturday 11th June 2011 at 10.26am