Thursday, February 24, 2011

THE KISS OF DEATH..
(begun Wednesday 23rd February at 9.45am...)

There’s thunder and lightning in the sky beyond the Convent, as I crank up good old Julio, to muffle the worst of the bangs…
I've finished what I consider to be my chores for the day (that is to say, the very least that I can get away with *winks..).  I briefly considered adding a grande jete (sp) to my routine as I danced down the passage to the Spanish waiter's warbling, but wisely decided the floor would probably collapse.. Yep, I'm in a mellow mood for the moment, long may it last…

It was about 7am when the GW reverted to trying the original Dial 100 method of loading the phone, and my spare Nokia finally accepted the PIN without further ado… I gather the disembodied Missus Vodacom told him this time, that they'd changed the options.. *chokes..
You betcha, and it's my guess they’ll change them again, the next time I need to feed my phones, hey Bali?

On reading the Times this morning, I traitorously contemplated removing the General’s picture from the licence disk on my Nissan’s front window, but then I thought no – give the bloke a chance – it was only R500m after all…  Chump change compared to the billions passing hands, in the push to thieve your right to privacy… *shrugs..

He was telling us last night that he'd taken his SIM card out and left it here in SA, while he travelled abroad.. He’d needed the phone for it's cache of numbers, is all..
Despite no SIM, he said a text came in as he crossed into Gujerat, welcoming him to the Province.. *bolt-eyed… Magic!  And it shows to go you that when it comes to tracking, you can't beat the GuptaBoys and the technology from their Motherland!

They do need to work on the wirelessed 'nunus', however.. I don’t know which Genius decided on using the sound of crickets and grasshoppers for effect, but they got it backwards..*cackles…
The Real Deal will inevitably fall silent and remain so, when there's a threat in the offing.. The Gupta's wirelessed clones instead, burst into song the minute you cross their paths, and of course without a portalift from an obliging droog, they're unable to move around to escape any predators that would pinpoint their location smartly from all the noise they make..*crosses eyes....

If you suspect these little devils have been included in your surveillance, it's easy enough to note the location, time and date, and if they're still singing from the identical spot, two weeks later, you can try and take steps to shut it down… I'm stumped on that score, for I've no idea what they look like, and it's certainly nothing like the Real Deal..
I'm certain I pruned and bagged one of the little buggers that was lurking in the shrubs (stuck on a branch?) outside this window, though I never got to see anything, while the hysterically loud device outside the lounge, seldom gives even the most timid of squeaks nowadays, since I've broken it's LOS by drawing the curtain.  *grins..

Have you tried driving up or down Harris or Garbutt Roads in the dead of night as I suggested, to kickstart godslittlecreatures that are individually situated outside each property?  It would be unkind to do this more than once or twice the same evening, as I suspect some poor sucker has been tasked to check each time they're activated, and I very much doubt it will be His Fowlness…*waves sympathetically to Aziz… I'm sure it’s a VERY important job dear, and someone's got to do it…

*I'm watching one of the huge yellow-billed kites perched on top of a gumtree in the rain, while I conduct wildly to Mantovani playing the Blue Danube waltz….*

There's this young Dutch student out from Holland to get material for his thesis / dissertation, though lawdknows how he landed up here in the Zone.. It’s a paper on erm, Communities interacting with the Police (something like that), and he appears to be oblivious to the fact that he’s hit the motherlode…
I've been uncharacteristically cautious where he’s concerned, and apart from telling him that he’s here at a time of momentous change, that I'm the designated Village Idiot, and that there are a lot of good guys up at Dodge City, I refrained from attempting to bewilder him with my theories...

I asked him last night if he’s been to any of the local jondolos yet, and he hasn’t.. As luck would have it, the Kennedy Road puppet had attended our Meeting, so I introduced them and left them to make a plan.
I'd said I didn’t know how he could write a paper without including either Kennedy or Foreman, at the very least…
Ja, I know it's not a good time to be visiting the Settlements so near to the Muni elections, and the unfortunate puppet had said that already there was mischief brewing over there…
I guess I can count on the Crumb (who doubtless follows my every word avidly), to keep an eye on the youngster, and to see that he doesn’t land in trouble?
I toyed with the idea of telling the Student to text the Station Commander prior to visiting the Settlement, and tossed it aside…

Having spent an hour or so with this toad last week, in search of alternative accommodation, young Jop will have the Watcher's full attention already… *winks at Bali…
In years to come, will the young man look back and remember that I'd said he was here at an auspicious point in time?  Probably not, as it's likely the Netherlands too, will be humming under a dense cloud of EMR, if it's not already… *shrugs…

Will you check out what they’ve done to the two new little balconies that have gone up on the first floor of the orphanage?  HERE..  My word, but don’t they look like shark cages with all those steel bars.. Yikes!

LATER at 1.05pm

I booted up the PC at 12.39pm to go update my blog with The (Un) Sound Engineer.  Our shadow ISP (with the full co-operation of Ian Halliday) had other ideas, and I was given the Connecting through WANminiport PPPoe) and shown Error 678, three times in a row, despite resetting the plugs.. *yawns..
Forget for a moment the usual BS of Network ‘problems’ and cables down, blah blah blah, and answer me this if you can…
Am I a terrorist?  A traitor?  A spy?  Or am I just a rambling old fart sharing my life with you, and probably telling you more than you wanted to know?  By now, you’re aware that the problems with our phones and computer are not random tech errors, but deliberate blockages caused by a Cracker given way too much power.. If you aren't, you might as well nod back off, as life passes you by…*grins..

That someone considers me worthy of having my connection denied, is frankly flattering.. That our Area Controller is otherwise occupied, but must ensure that I'm unable to post until he is safely sitting at my shoulder for first dibs, denotes some anxiety on his part, does it not?  *teeth..  No worries dear boy, for it's not like I'm in a rush, and I can wait…

Thursday 24th February at 7.30am

The GW got home shortly after 5pm, sat down, and connected without a problem.. I'd gone up to Dodge a while later, and had gotten home way after my usual bedtime.. I had a go at Publishing yesterday's effort, but heard the whine in my own voice long before I finished typing it up, so I deleted it and tottered off to bed to finish my book.. One of the few choices left to me, and I use it freely..

LATER at 4.45pm

You could cut the tension with a knife up at Dodge this morning and it's not set to improve any time soon.. *blinks..
The Sexual-Offending Diver poses this week on Page 2 of the Weekly Gazette, Issue 564 www.tabloidmedia.co.za  *Hmm my link option isn't functioning.. Now what?) Not a kind photo, but one can't be picky… *belches…
 She's told me several times in the past she thinks he's a fool, and she could lead him astray with ease.. I'd pay good money for tickets to see that show!  *cackles rudely….  He’s playing Mind Games with some of the Officers?   Oh, come on now guys!  I've lived with both the Pig and his IT Monkey in my home for years, and survived.. The two of them are like spiteful 12 year old girls FFS… Perverted, obsessed little girls, I grant you…  Sure they're irritating and they can corrupt your private phones, and dip your house lights, and blow up your appliances, but geez, they're both cowards of the lowest order, and you can bet there's a large part of the Community that finds them as disgusting as I do… *grins..

Will the CollegeBoy apply for a transfer, should his exBoss return to Dodge City, or will he quietly resume his role as Chief BootLicker and Theatrical Director, while insisting that he’s leaving anytime soon?
That is definitely going to be one of the more interesting aspects of the Game to watch, after March 26th…
Would I not LOVE to hear the version of Siripath Field 2008 that he’s fed his current Superior.. *falls over.. A Thespian to the end, hey Laz?

Peace..

---oOo---

Thursday 24th February 2011 at 6.43pm.