Saturday, January 01, 2011

SQUEAMISH....?
(begun Friday 31st December at 12.15pm...)

Smart phones.. hmm…. A catchy term for a technology that’s light years ahead of being just smart…
I’d just finished updating my blog online and, as I’d added in a postscript, my Network Admin or his Poxy Proxy had left my harddrive with a fanfare of noise…*grins… My options online are limited as you know, and it's not like I could go spend a happy hour playing the white noise of trivia on an empty irc channel.. My access to bblounge had also been corrupted the night before, with pages refusing to load, including my attempts to log out…
That is, until I nipped over to the Rant section and posted of my difficulties, whereupon my cowardly Cracker hastily allowed me to sign out without further ado… *snorts derisively…
But back to the present – I went back to gmail and began sending out a note to several of the people on my regular list that I thought may be interested.. In what, you ask… The www.durbanite.co.za site, you nanas…

How’s this for a laugh?  I’d only sent out a few, when *boom!* Kasim’s house alarm down at No. 2 kicked in noisily… Within minutes it got really warm again in front of the PC, and you just knew that our Area Controller had sat up and returned to pay attention … *grins widely…
It’s fun to speculate whether he employs a proxy hacker on the occasions he ventures further afield, going about his nefarious business..
Busy up at Entabeni, ferretting about in some poor sod’s medical records, while under the guise of IT Security Consultant, or behind the counter at ABSA, down at Musgrave, poking about in your account details, while wearing the same hat….?

I’d long since hit Publish in blogger, and he'd audibly left the scene, so who or what alerts him to my sending out gmails so soon afterwards, and why on earth would that bother him in any way?  *entranced… Amazing as smartphones surely are, would it tell him the content of my emails, or would it have to be a proxy like say, young Baron, that alerted him?  Why does the connection affect Kasim’s house alarm?  Is our Area Controller sitting huddled with the convicted Sexual Offender somewhere down towards Randles Road/Mayville, as they plot between them to organise a heist at Westwood? ( I bet you think I'm kidding..)
Does he piggyback via No. 2 into my system, in situations like this? 
Never mind that now – Far more interesting was the incredible crushing pressure subsequently applied to my ears, and the earache that ensued…

The Captain of Courage has alas, proven to be rather less bright than he would have you all believe… There is no subtlety to his rage.  When he is angry, all logic leaves his pointy head, and if the Sweeper isn't nearby to hastily suggest caution, the plot flies from the window… *laughing..
Does it not intrigue you that a simple message asking that people check out the durbanite site to make up their own minds, would push the Pervert into smacking me hard enough to get earache?  How many of those gmails will reach their destination, and why would he care?

Leon Chetty is apparently from the Zone, but steadfastly declines to communicate with me.. Looking ahead to staying alive, young man?  To this day I've no idea of the purpose behind the resurrection of the durbanite site.. It died once before, and will surely die again, unless someone finds his cojones…*looks at Leon…
Already there are whispers by people who obligingly registered, that the silence surrounding the allegations levelled against the Corrupt in City Hall, lead them to believe that the website isn't what it's purported to be…

After a nudge, the Councillor for Ward 18 saw the gap and went for it, and justifiably earned himself brownie points in the process…  You SAY you wish to promote communication Leon, and yet you yourself have fallen remarkably silent…. Wassup dude?  Already realised you’ve bitten off more than you can chew? Your fixed line taken down yet?  Your houselights flickering, and your PC attacked by an endless stream of viruses? Or is that for some reason, the least likely thing that will happen to you? *curious...

The mere fact that Balliram appeared enraged at the promotion I was giving your site in my emails, implies that you are on the right path, whatever the heck that might be.. However, your continued stony silence to my comments tempts me to cut my losses and leave…
You gave me the H20 initiative, and verification that the waterlines are indeed stuffed with FTTH, confirming the need for the deliberate water runoffs and the contamination of the harbour and seafront.. For that, I’m in your debt, and if you feel your site will thrive without my presence, you only need say so…*smiles…
Meanwhile, for what it's worth, I will carry on pointing people in your direction… Forgodsakes, TALK to them, if you wish them to remain and visit you regularly….

LATER at 1.30pm

It must have been about 20 minutes ago, that I went up to do the gates for the GW as he headed out to the shops.. As always, timing is everything, and he wasn’t yet out of sight around the corner when a black car (I don’t know a 4x4 from a people carrier) pulled out of Baron's little side road, and went slowly up past me as I closed the gates…
The driver acknowledged my smile, and I had to wonder just who he was….
I must at this point remind you that the Druglord himself could pull up at my door and I wouldn’t know him from Adam…. *grins.. You'll recall that his ex-Mistress had removed all the relevant photos from her album before sharing the contents with us… *winks..
Small and wiry?  Big and bulky?  I must ask erm, never you mind… *laughing..

It's New Years eve and B.Snr says it looks like there might be celebrations at the Chickencoop this evening… I confess I've missed their all-nighters.. Noisy, drunken, spliff-fuelled karaoke parties that had me chortling into the wee hours… They were sadly, replaced by demonstrations of industrial strength explosions, detonated in this densely populated little street, with no other purpose than to remind both humans and beasts of Colin P. Balliram’s superiority…. *sighs…
It remains to be seen which, if either, it's to be tonight…
*heads off to Cloud 9 for a read….

LATER at 3.15pm

My read inevitably turned into a nap… A kip that was broken just before 3pm by a flood of crap into our home.. The fat little dog fled under my bed, while her friend stayed stoically on a chair in the lounge… I know not, nor do I care where the Pervert is lurking at this point.. The feeling that he's not going to thrive for very long in the brave New Age, grows stronger by the day.. That he allows his obsessive hatred to cloud his judgement to the extent that he may yet do himself a serious mischief, is a whisper I've ignored for a while…
If I were to waste my time hating him, it would have to include the hordes of sad like-minded IT yobs ‘discovered’ by Jannie van Zyl and employed to run so many of the LANS and WUGS, and they're simply not worth the negative energy…
Instead, I figure I’ll carry on learning to live with the painful BackFire frequency, the nausea and the earaches, for they are confirmation that I may not be the Stupidest Toad on Earth after all…

January 1st at 3.15am..

I thought I'd snore through the New Year celebrations.. Our Area Controller had other ideas…*grins.. At around midnight someone let off one of those hectic whistling rockets nearby, and then I was treated to a sudden bout of cramp, before being seized by a run of dry-coughing… *falls over choking.. I got up cheerfully enough, and joined the GW, and we watched a re-run of a really funny standup comic until nearly 2am…

We’d given the animals the Storm pills and B.Snrs two big dogs as well, but the neighbours were pretty restrained this year..*applauds.. Just the one industrial strength explosion fairly early on in the evening , (no doubt to remind us who’s in charge), and then I guess nada, till the dog-terrifying whistling rocket….
I’d coped with the escalated BackFire frequency adequately (Happy New Year to you dear Master), until just after 3am, when I jerked properly awake to find the sheets were soaked, so here I am… *waves cheerfully….
Squeamish?  Tough… You're going to have to get used to the gory bits, as no amount of positive thought is going to make it better…..
He has his music thumping out of der Bunker right now, and I'm betting he’s stoned out of his gourd..*grins..
Watch this, shhh.. – The GW just tottered out for a pee, and I asked him quietly if he’d start the New Year with the laundry.. Predictably, the volume of music dropped dramatically as I spoke… *cackles… Sickboy alert!  *rolling about…

My assertion that crime in Notties and Rosetta was going to escalate seems to be right.. It was Tuesday night when the thieves cut through the widow’s electric fence to get at the sheep, that were as usual penned in the barn right next to the Faithful Retainer’s quarters… Once again, he was away, and his grownup kids insisted they'd not heard a thing..*winks….  My kid let me know on Thursday that a head count showed none were stolen after all, but as scare tactics go, it was fairly effective…  The kid's landlady has only been widowed for a few months and already she’s fair game… *eyeroll…

I've just switched on the bathroom light and within seconds a nearby ‘nunu’ was activated…. Minutes later, and his chommies were being pushed towards the door… Clearly my Master prefers to enjoy his obsession privately… Several noisy farewells and his remote gave a last chirrup..
Did she say ‘Come to bed now’ and did he reply ‘In a minute’..or did he go like a lamb?  Either way, her mortification continues… *sighs..
While she may insist that I'm on her Ignore list, she's more than aware that I'm still her old man's No. 1 priority, and it must surely sicken her…

A spate of texts came in well after midnight, and I read them just before we finally shut down the TV.. I'm well aware that the few I appreciated the most were likely the result of a Send To All option, but it didn’t detract from my delight in any way…
Tis the smallest of things that have always given me the greatest pleasure, and this was no exception…
Even the sound of Bali and his equally inane chums, earlier, had me smiling fondly… Crazy?  If you say so…
Much as I continue to call for his removal as Area Controller, do I regard him as my own…
*It's now 4.50am and abruptly he stopped the Wireless song before it was resumed again a little quieter…  Clearly Missus C went to bed alone after all… I've no doubt that he will again set the BackFire frequency at it's most damaging level before he finally hits the sack, and yet, I'm weirdly happy….*

Peace..

---oOo---

Saturday 1st January 2011 at 11.31am…