Friday, November 19, 2010

SPORT….
(begun Thursday 18th November at 4.00am..)


I surfaced at about 2.30am, to find the BackFire frequency already up and running, and a couple of dead fingers to boot… I guess that I needed to pee, was more the reason I woke, but I remember thinking what a shame anyways… *clucks…
Not five minutes after I'd sat down here at the desk, the ‘cricket’ that’s been running each time I'd listened since then, has finally been de-activated.. My Night Nurse?  Instead, that oddly rough little thread of sound has begun, and dear LAWD, but my ears are being squished!!  Cardigans off, and breathe deeply…. *waves to His Busyness…..

Yesterday?  Hours before I'd finally got round to typing up and publishing First Dibs, our Controller had enjoyed a bit of real sport… A white bakkie had been pulled in at the top of his drive, and I remember thinking uhoh, that'll be show-off time then..*grins..
It was after 8.30am, and I'd already hopped back on board Cloud 9 with my book, when he began going through his repertoire of frequency ‘specials’ *yawns.. Deliberately demonstrating his skills to his visitor, or just idly smacking me while he chatted?  Sadly, it can't have been very rewarding, as I said absolutely nada and bore it stoically, until he packed it in..

Right now?  The unfortunate fellow continues to run the BackFire frequency in the hopes of doing me a mischief… Despite his genius, he simply doesn’t get it.. The more persistent he is with a particular form of torture, the quicker I learn to get used to it.. *beams.. A safety mechanism that kicks in, in those that are constantly abused?  I dunno, but it's darned useful….
It's now 4.30am, and he's changed the frequency from BackFire to…..?  I've no idea, but am simply grateful that I don’t have the sudden urge to climb out of a window or go galloping nekked across my front lawn… I'm not kidding dudes, those babies can be VERY persuasive..*cackles…

The sky is lightening to a dull grey, and a couple of hadedas have woken noisily.. I must get on.. *waves..

Friday 19th November at 3.35am..

The Night Nurse device has run without a break since at least after 2.00am.. It's quite pleasant, and it's volume rises and falls, sometimes to it's old position down by the mulberry tree, and sometimes much nearer, but it's always the same ‘cricket’... Clever… *grins…Reflected?

My poor Network Controller didn’t care much for my First Dibs blog at all, and he’s huffed and puffed mightily since it was published..*sighs.. The first major indication of his displeasure could just have been the Gorilla bomb he detonated at 8.45pm on Wednesday, just as me and the guys were settling down for the night..*blinks..
Industrial strength dynamite, and I confess I felt no more than a moment's mortification for that most Blessed of women and her offspring, and their inevitable embarrassment….
Still, I've lately come to realise that Geniuses of Bali’s calibre MUST be given the Freedom to express themselves however they see fit, and if it involves reminding his zombied stooges of his Supremacy, why, so be it… *curtseys…

I had a pleasant morning out yesterday, and had eventually gone over to the Convent with some veggies for Sister Stephen… I'd pulled up outside the main electric gates as usual and tooted politely, but to no avail.. I rang the school buzzer but those gates remained tight shut… *blinks..
The pedestrian gate was open, a little way down, so I took my packets and hoofed it into the front office where Jenny from the Block sat facing the four monitors on the wall.. *startled… (I guess that larnie setup was part of Phase 1 of the 4-Phase upgrade provided by the National Lotto Funds?)
My little banger showed up clearly there on the screen before her, but she just shrugged and said she hadn't seen me… *baffled…
Always polite and tolerant in the past, what happened yesterday? *fascinated…

I'd had a mail from Sister in the last week of October, and had replied to it.. Last night I went and found it in gmail to see if anything I'd said in my reply back then could have given offence, for I suspect the mails to that address go via the front office..*winks..
Sister’s initial mail had referred obliquely to the Convicted Sex Offender’s lack of incarceration, and I'd replied truthfully that with Barnabas now confirmed to be sitting at the right hand of our Head of Intelligence, Nayager appears untouchable… That was pretty much it, and hopefully my mail had nothing to do with the gates not being opened as they normally are, and that pleasant Jenny was just having a bad day… *waves cheerfully…

I checked out my favourite tabloid once I'd got home, to find that the reporting had stretched way beyond it's usual Zone coverage… On Page 8 of the Weekly Gazette (www.tabloidmedia.co.za) Issue No. 568 we have a photo to delight any self-respecting conspiracy theorist..*chokes…
Will you go check out our unrepentant and grinning City Manager pictured at the grand opening of the Coastlands Hotel in our twinned suburb of Umhlanga?

Any unfortunate person standing close enough to that walking pile of corruption to be included in a Press photo, most definitely bears closer scrutiny…
Do you see who I see, looking as pleased as Punch in the background? *falls over laughing…  I swear and declare that’s our new Head of Telecommunications Mr. Padayachee!  His connection to the Hotel Industry is what? *slavering with curiosity… Where does he hail from?  Sleepy Hollow, which is coincidentally the home of the so-called Curry Mafia?  Debben itself, and could he also be a graduate of Sastri College?  *rivetted….(sp)
Is Mr. Padayachee 100% squeaky clean, but has yet to figure out that it's inadvisable to be caught in the same frame as the Crooked Town Clerk, unless he wishes his image to be tarred with the same filthy brush?

Was Major General/General/Brigadier/Colonel Johan Booysen also invited to attend that grand function?  My word, but I'd hazard he'd have found some juicy pickings at that gala event…*beams.. How much would you bet that at least one of the Whisperers was also there? 

While cruising round the Ridge over at Umhlanga yesterday, the GW had picked up a rivet in his tyre and we'd ended up limping over to Tiger Wheel & Tyre to have it repaired.. What a pleasure to see a well-run company…. While we hung about, a Merc SLR pulled in, and I guess most of the chaps nearby dropped what they were doing immediately…
I managed to persuade the GW to sit in the car while someone kindly took a picture on his phone to send to the kids… *grins.. Boys and their toys…
A couple of other guys then followed suit, and I guess a few wives/girlfriends got quite a shock later that day when their SO’s sent them a pic showing off their latest acquisition..*winks…

Last night we settled down to watch the Weakest Link, and it wasn’t long before the sound disappeared… Back to square one O Master mine?  A trick employed on a regular basis when first our dear Eavesdropper saw fit to cause mischief on our TV, years back.. The GW couldn’t retrieve the sound, so I switched it off and reset it from the wall jack on up.. Small pleasures Bali?  *smiles….
I'd booted up the PC meanwhile, to find the google home page appeared decidely compromised, but I'd managed to lurch into gmail before typing mybroadband into the address bar.. Server Not Found, repeatedly…. *sighs… I shut down and reset the plugs.. Stupidly, I put one of the plugs back incorrectly, and it took the GW to sort it out, but everything worked find after that…
It appears that our poor sad Area Controller is more than a little pissed off by my new improved attitude, and he’s going to have to work harder than usual to try and reform my thinking … *chokes…

You will doubtless be able to judge for yourselves, as he digs deep into his box of magic tricks to perform his wondrous miracles - AKA 'attacks'…*yawns…

LATER at 500am…

I was still picking up the newspapers that we lay in front of the verandah door overnight, when my Lord thumped loudly in behind the telly to join me.. *waves in a thrilled manner…
In my sudden mode of renewed admiration and awe, I have to agree, why bother with such niceties as finesse, after all this time?

Is our latest Telecoms Leader genuinely powerful?
If I were to prostrate my fugliness before him and beg that the dogs be called to heel, (oops, I mean the esteemed Owner of the Zone Drug Empire and his erudite Cracker) would you care to guess the results?  Would our Head of Intelligence allow this latest Roy to provide us with an uncorrupted Regulator?  Does such a person even exist?

No – I guess we're in it for the long haul… To continue being battered via our power supplies by those two highly esteemed and valuable components of the Information Theft Scheme..  A convicted Sexual Offender and his loyal, if ever-so-slightly unbalanced, Einstein of a Cracker… *grins…
Today it's toady by name and toady by nature… A gaggable offence in anyone’s book, but always worth a shot..

Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 19th November 2010 at 3.26pm…