Tuesday, July 13, 2010

PARTY TRICKS....

(begun Tuesday 13th July at 4.04am...)

I was just going to read for a bit and must have nodded off, when his house-alarm kicked in and seemed to go on forever.. Lucky, as I had no business kipping at 5.00pm of an afternoon...
I heaved myself off the bed and wouldn't you know it - my ears set up their old high-pitched squeal as though they'd never been dumbed down at all..... *falls over...
It hasn't waivered since, and runs at full throttle even as I scribble here...*blinks.. The GW assured me last night that he too is still experiencing this oddity...

Balliram had a visitor for the day yesterday.. A white car with an NJ Registration, and I'd watched as the young guy fetched stuff from his boot before I'd come back down.. Who was tutoring whom?  Too easy to assume that this was a prospective Controller come to spend time learning the ropes, so he could go back to Verulam or wherever, and be given his nearby power circuit to manage...
Nope, it may just as well have been a qualified Electrical Engineer tasked to improve on Balliram's lack of skills.. Whatever..
Our Controller had my microwave buzzing dumbed down for the entire day, though by mid-afternoon he couldn't resist his party trick of setting off our wireless bell just to show off... *shrugs...

There was an updated Newsletter from the Abahlali in my box last night...
The five young pawns still stuck in Westville Prison without trial all this time?  Turns out it was their latest hearing yesterday, although for some reason they didn't get brought in to the city courts despite a decent contingent of supporters arriving.    The Magistrate had been fairly pissed off by the sounds of things, at this latest deliberate time-waster, and had said enough was enough.. She said they could each pay R1000 bail and go home... Their trial date was set for November...
So, by the time you read this they'll be out at last...*dances....  Will they have homes to return to?  Did their shacks escape the latest fire?  I guess it would be safer for them not to return to Kennedy just yet, as you can bet Gumede will be looking for them..*sighs..

The journo/VC told me yesterday they'd had a shooting over in Abrey the night before.. Thieves had tried to break into the old lady's apartment a few doors down from him and she'd heard them and sounded the alarm, forcing them to flee over two or three garden walls, where finally a sharp-eyed resident had taken a pot shot and nailed one of them for good... *applauds...
When I'd told the GW he'd simply said bleakly that the Shooter was now in the dwang, and I hope he's got that wrong as the guy deserves a medal.. If it turns out to be a Vahed or Barnabas whose aim was so excellent, then hopefully any silly charges will just go away and Nayager will be one name less in his little black book of organised crime contacts...

What do the Project Authors have lined up as a major distraction now the soccer is over and done?  Though I never got nearer to a match than my television, it was enough to see how it could be, in this wonderful country... How happily we could all get along if we looked out for our fellow-man and the politicians kept their grubby agendas to themselves..  Naive ja....

There seems to have been an ongoing series of powercuts affecting Abrey over the last few weeks... For once it appears to be more than just designed to make the journo's life miserable... Balliram has never hesitated to slam the entire circuit off just to get at us over here, though admittedly he has several objects of his dislike that this behaviour would satisfactorily affect at the same time...
Will the new Madressa on the Hall grounds serve as yet another mini base-station?  Is that the reason for the constant blackouts, as they install the additional technology required?

Will any of the nearby residents suffer as a result, if this is the case?  Will any of the wuggers over that way report that they too have developed the micro-wave buzzing in their ears and their hands now burn and die frequently?
Does the red-eyed Allen Spence find time to hop from User Group to User Group reassuring those affected that this phenomenon isn't in anyway dangerous to their health?  Though he's one of only a handful of qualified Engineers with sufficient lack of moral fibre to work happily alongside the Corrupt (while the rest would've emigrated smartly on hearing the outlines of the Big Brother scheme), you'll forgive me if I regard him as on a par with the likes of the Druglord and his Puppet Nayager...

While Earl continues to destroy lives as he's done for years with his Banned-substance Empire, Spence deals in an equally devastating product, as B.Snr. has found to his cost...
Revenge?  Are you crazy?!  It's a given my life would've been deadly dull had we not been chosen by the Druglord and Mo Shaik to be the birthplace of the Information Theft Scheme here in Kwa Zulu.. However bizarre it may seem, I regard it as a new lease on life and a gift that has had my midget brain working overtime for years...*laughing..

I've witnessed petty cruelty and lies on an unimaginable scale, but it's always been balanced out by the many that show me kindness and tolerance despite my shortcomings...
Though my struggles to solve the mystery of the lights has often had you convulsed with mirth, you can't deny I've achieved my aim, despite falling flat on my face more times than I care to remember...

It would've been great to find that I'd been wrong and that the BB Scheme is in fact an ambitious humanitarian project that will benefit every man in the land.. This hasn't been the case at all..  Right back to when I penned 'Here be Spooks' I nailed it...
Willingly or unwillingly, every last person in the country is now a guinea-pig in this gigantic experiment watched by the world... *belches...
Those vulnerable to the increase in EMR levels will fall by the wayside, though many will acquire a tolerance to it.. A new breed will emerge eventually, will they not Jannie?

LATER at 6.10am..

Oops!  I dunno where that last bit came from, but it's way too deep for my liking... I do little these days but eat and sleep and think in between...*grins.. The Orbitrek stands unused for the most part and it's probably the reason I had to fish out the Voltaren yesterday... At least I hope that's the reason..*studies the Creep... I've never fooled myself there's not a heavy price to pay for telling the truth, and that's pretty much how its panned out..
Am I bovvered?  Do I look Bovvered? *laughing... I'm in it FTW despite your derision..

If you have the means, do us a favour and go poke around Mr. Dawood of the Roseann.cc Developer's application to build behind Hugo Road. Go find who it was at Town Planners that so quietly and illegally altered the plans status to General...
Baby steps fosho, but I guess finding answers to that particular mystery would confirm what I've said all along.. That the ShaikBoyz have made grandiose promises to the Muslim community which very often include turning a blind eye to the law as we knew it...

Most memorable moments of the World Cup?  Too many to count..
My best was always when the camera would pan over the spectators and they'd suddenly see themselves on the big screens.. Never mind the matches, I'd be happy to watch hours of footage of just the audience participation...
Netherlands young Sneijder at the very end, down on the ground as the realisation of their loss hits him..
The uncontrollable joyful sobbing of the Spanish Captain Casillas...
Ladysmith Black Mambazo doing their thing and Maradona freaking out.. It was all brilliant!!!
Will that beautiful and horrendously costly stadium ever be filled again with such a unified and happy mass of humanity?  Fingers crossed dudes...

When next you're stuck in traffic or in a queue at the till, turn around and smile at the person next to you FFS!  It's free and you don't need permission.. Make the most of it while you still can..
Peace..

---oOo---

Tuesday 13th July 2010 at 2.20pm.