Sunday, April 25, 2010

CARPER'S BAZAAR...

(begun Saturday 24th April at 2.45pm...)

Two red-suited guys have been cutting back the young trees and bush on the edge and side of the bluff across the valley.. Pretty much where THIS red people carrier arrives regularly to park for an hour under the gumtrees and do a runoff down the bank?  You remember the red suits?  The same uniforms worn by the E.S Electrical Contractors seen HERE hanging about that street light waiting for me to head off out with the GW...*grins... The two bush-cutters were sprawled resting in the shade as we went by last Thursday.

The diggers were working flat out along Sparks/Abrey Road when I sailed by this morning, with the obligatory fountain of water shooting skyward from a hydrant on either Mary or Barnes Road...*gags... At the rate they're going, Big Brother will single-handedly turn the country into a giant desert in their greed for stolen information..

I tried sending an sms before I left, though my battery was down to one bar and the Nokia shut down as a result.  No worries.  I plugged it into the charger and tried again with the same results.. Hau!  Only then did I notice my signal had also dropped to one bar... Hilarious when you consider all the power surrounding us... *spits at her Network Admin...
The GW dialled my newer Nokia which I'd mislaid somewhere in our little home.. Silence.  Odd, said he, it should have given me a Voice message even if you've switched it off....
Much later when I was back home I found the signal had been restored and I called my newer Nokia which rang immediately and hadn't been off after all..
Small potatoes?  I don't think so .. More like a demonstration by a bullying petty criminal with no life worth mentioning... *coughs... Our phones were all RICA'd long before this Big Brother delight was introduced to the public, and yet I still received an ominously threatening text from vodacom sometime last week.  *pukes..
How neatly have Telkom bound us hand and foot... Did you see it coming?  *teeth.. iBurst, vodacom and Telkom all lying amiably in bed together on this one, that's for sure...

They had fresh doughnuts on Special when I was in Pick 'n Pay earlier, so I took a tray over to the Charge Office at Dodge, to a mostly smiling and pleasant bunch of Officers... As much as the Crooked Admin Execs would rather I didn't visit, would I kill to work there... Something about a uniform, even at my great age?  *rolls eyes...
I'm aware that our new CPF Vice-Chair could handle both the reminder texts and the Minutes standing on his head.. Would it make any difference to our attendance register were the impersonal use of a computer be employed to send them out en masse?  Probably not.  Hey, it's the only contribution I make, and for the moment I like to kid myself it's the lack of formality and adherence to a rigid formula that has at least some of those that take the trouble to attend, returning...

Salacious Crumb would like to test my theory?  I guess if Balliram is allowed to continue battering my phones I'll have to insist that the Communal computer up at Dodge is set up ready for use.. The VC has promised to teach me how to send the texts via the computer and I'm looking forward to learning something new... There are plenty of kind youngsters up there who would help me with the printing etc, and despite that I'm a slow learner, I have the time available do I not?

After two or three years of being blatantly denied a space to set up this computer, by Nayager, it took the Trouble-Shooter only a few days to allocate us a corner... Since his sudden departure on a month's leave, the matter has fallen by the wayside once again...*snorts... Next time the Brigadier is in the area, maybe he could look into it?  A PARTNERSHIP between the Sector Policing Forums and the Station was the term used I believe?    No decent relationship can be achieved while the likes of the Crumb continue to make mischief and to paint our Community as a bunch of ungrateful Idiots.. FOAD springs to mind... *washes it's mouth out with soap...
Did Kolonel vd buy the whitewash?  Hopefully not..

Sunday 25th April at 3.25am..

Bloggers shouldn't ask questions?  Geez, my entire saga consists of questions, enigmas and mysteries that YOU'RE supposed to answer...
Here's another for starters... The Contractors have been digging in your street (in our case laying the new water lines) and appear to have finished. However, the tap water in the kettle snaps and crackles when it boils... Why does it still do this days after the job has ostensibly been completed?  *curious.. Ask McLeod?  Man, with the lies that Muni Official has been trotting out in the name of the Project, I'd struggle to believe a word he said... *snorts...

Talking of lies, in one of my five unpublished blogs written last week, I told you of a front page article in the Weekly Gazette of 15th April where der Kommissar claims the Good Superintendent handed over a letter of apology in the Labour Court... What the piece totally failed to mention was that that particular case pertained to the assault charges One-Eyed Jack had laid against Augustine, when the Good Super had decked the Abuser as he went for his gun..
The report had deliberately omitted to state that Nayager's Advocate had informed Mngomezulu's Advocate that his client was dropping the charges!  If there were any letter of apology involved, it should by rights have come FROM der Kommissar!   There wasn't and it didn't...*snorts...

When A. read the blatant lies trotted out by Nayager and published on the front page of last week's Gazette, he'd gone down a few days later to the Gazette offices with his Advocate to get the letter that had led to the article... Would you be astonished to hear he was told it was 'missing'?  *winks...
It's long been said that the Gazette owner (unlike Salacious Crumb), is very much Nayager's man.. Gossip that up to that point I'd found hard to believe... *gags...
The Good Superintendent was grudgingly given space (tucked carefully away on Page 6) of this week's issue to set the record straight and even so, it wasn't mentioned that Nayager wanted to drop the charges, and instead a fictitious apology had been created... *vomits.. Defamation?

I've always enjoyed reading the Gazette and catching up with the work the police are doing, but after this I will view the reporting with a jaundiced eye... *looks at Zain.... *an error occurred while saving message makes it's first appearance....*
After your paintball bonding session with Salacious Crumb, I'd have had you calling him the minute Nayager gave you the article to publish?  Did Lazzie not tell you the details, and that there was in fact no such letter of apology?  How odd then, that the Gazette owner went ahead and printed it anyway AND on the front page nogal... *winks...
NOT Nayger's man Laz?  You sure about that?  Do I smell reasonable doubt?

For the second day in a row I was allowed to publish a blog unmolested, and to browse the Forums without incident (although the MyBB pages loaded like an octogenarian).. I was also 'permitted' to access #triviaworld...
Not for one second do I relax and think I'm in the clear.. You have to be kidding me!  The levels of EMR in this little house fluctuate wildly between hair-raising and mild, and I have to think it's possibly a similar situation across in the toddler's dorms. at St. Theresa's where the signal enhancing lights still operate...
Those given charge of these vulnerable innocents will shrug and insist they've been assured there's no risk and that they're not qualified to judge anyway... Jesus, Joseph and Mary!!!! *shrieks... Where does that leave the young orphans?  At the mercy of a Cracker and his corrupt Mentor FFS?
You've heard me tell often enough of how the neighbourhood dogs set off barking wildly as Balliram activates the system.. Nothing to worry about, as this callous petty criminal manipulates a computer program that may or may not result in tragedy down the line for those in the signal's path?
I'm betting the PTB regard these children on the same level as the local canine population... Expendible effing guinea-pigs, right?

It's not escaped me how little effort has been gone to, to promote Barrie Trower's podcast, and if this is the culmination of a great deal of effort by the Craigavon residents, why isn't it being discussed at length on the Forums?  Again the threat of it affecting any court case underway? Why has the relevant thread on bblounge been allowed to appear so briefly and die?  *fascinated..
Alas, Mr. Trower doesn't have a way with words, to put it kindly, and one would hope his written findings carry more weight...
Is the deathly silence that followed the publishing of the transcript a nervous one, or a mark of sheer disbelief?  *baffled... The giant telecoms industry has you all over a barrel and I'm guessing you dare not draw attention to yourself by raising your hand or your voice.. You're all hoping that some other Idiot will carry the can?  Another proud moment in the history of the IT geek community... Savagely articulate when they choose, and yet when real courage is called for, predictably silent... *shrugs...

Peace...

---oOo---

Sunday 25th April 2010 at 7.15pm.