Friday, March 26, 2010

SANTA'S LARGER HELPER....

(begun Friday 26th March at 3.20am..)

Our Network Admin. has pretty much chosen my opening topic and I'm happy to oblige..*winks..

It appears that Santa's Larger Helper must have paid us an out-of-Season visit yesterday while I was out at the shops..  Without a chimney to navigate, he apparently chose to scale our wall illegally, as he's been told to do in the past.
It hadn't been dark long last night when the sound of rabid buzzing kicked in just outside the window here...
My own personal Wireless Song? *grins...

I was still grinning when the GW arrived home and went out the front to investigate... He announced that the source of the racket was a Christmas beetle/cicada, though he couldn't see it... Oookay....
Another first?  Along with the arrival of the red bishop birds, we have our own cicada taken up residence? *falls over laughing... I was delighted enough to struggle briefly with google a bit later...
I'd tried connecting earlier and had given up.  No cars stood on our Network Admin's. driveway at the time, but as our iBurst is a paid-for service I didn't let that deter me.. After the fourth Error 718 I did a restart only to get the same error message, so I shut down and went about my business...  *admires Ian Halliday's shifty complicity with the Big Brother Operations..
The Courageous Couple arrived home pretty much the same time as the GW, and predictably he was able a half hour later, to connect.. This is of course, not corrupt behaviour in any way...*winks..

I digress... It turns out the cicada is considered a good source of food by many animals including birds, and as such has to be extremely cautious about when it voices it's mating call... Someone had clearly forgotten to tell our belated Yule-tide gift this important detail...*roffels... He carolled on and off all evening and I finally fell asleep just after 9.00pm with it still going mental....

Did the Pooper-Scooper applaud Balliram's efforts when he admitted to having Philip pay our property a visit while I was out yesterday?  Or did she shrug in exasperation at his continuing stupidity?  Alternatively, he said nothing of his latest escapade and will lie to her blatantly when the subject arises...
How tiring it must be to be forced to pussy-foot around one's touchy SO after putting in a hard day's slog yourself... *sighs...
I've shown repeatedly that Colin Balliram doesn't take kindly to criticism at all and tends to toss his toys furiously at the drop of a hat.... Penny?  Her hearing was distorted forever, as was mine back in 2008 and with the vacuum running Philip could have done the fandango on the front lawn and little Missus Ndenga wouldv'e been oblivious....

So - will the newly arrived 'cicada' behave as it should?  With the dearth of predators that live in my garden, what are the chances of it's survival?  Two cats who will happily stalk and kill anything that chirrups, the huge fruit-bats that live nearby, and the band of hadedas that now march back and forth in every corner of our garden, hoping for handouts?  That's just for starters and I'm sure there are plenty of other little beasties about that would find our belated Xmas gift a tasty supplement to their normal menu... *waits with fascination...

As I scribble here, it's not made a sound this morning... Oddly enough there's not a cricket chirping either, despite the humidity.... A silence more than made up for by the Contractors feverish operations down by the stopstreet.  An all-nighter?  After all this time?  I'd like to think some bright spark realised the benefits of having the droogs labour in the cool hours of the night as opposed to the boiling heat of the day...
Yesterday was a killer and yet there they were, pick-axes swinging, in the trench running down the length of Jan Smuts Highway past Carol's home...
Today promises to be another stinker and it will be interesting to see whether the work ceases after sunup or whether I'm mistaken and there is no concern for the wekkers but merely a deadline to be met.. (now there's a ludicrous concept!)*cackles...

It's official!  We have a larnie new AirWing Chopper doing the linkups for the Project... It spent well over an hour circling behind St. Theresa's by Hugo/Everton and Randles on Wednesday and at one point even came over and had a good dekko at the ongoing alterations and additions to the Convent's Rec.Centre.... *beams..
Has the original chopper been retired, or is it working down south below Scottburgh?  It was sounding in need of some TLC fosho...

I'd taken fat Sophie out the front for a pee after 8pm Wednesday night... Just in time to see a vehicle's headlights shining on the trees bordering the stormwater drain below Khaled's at No. 2, in the bottom of the valley.. They were doused hastily and I didn't hang about waiting for it to reappear..*snorts.. Restricted access se VOET!

Whatever happened to that oscillator machine Balliram had sitting out on his frontage for a while?  Long before the erection of der Bunker and I would've described it to you clearly enough at the time, some years back.  Who did it belong to?  Leonard Els of the Physics Department at Howard College?  The biggest Wireless Base-station in SA?  Or was it owned by the Muni's Electricity Department Security Division and supplied by the red-eyed git himself, Allen Spence?  To what purpose?  Back then when it was deemed wiser to pretend the quality of emissions mattered?  *snarls...

Any efforts at cover-up have long since been abandoned, unless the EE Chris Stalls over there at the head of Hugo road has a similar monitoring device installed on his flat roof? *waves... Making sure the air is safe for us all?  His readings and reports are sufficient to assure you there's no risk to anyone? *roffels... Then tell me why it is that so many of us here in the Crescent are now experiencing the pins and needles syndrome and the joint problems?  (Added later:  I noticed that the house right next door to Mistuh Stalls is up for Sale?  In Hugo Road?  Are the tenants experiencing problems with their health perchance?)

While the majority of residents appear immune to the physical backlash of the microwaves and EMF, we have a growing band of victims with very real symptoms, ranging from their early twenties to their late sixties and over..*curious.. Cramps in the oddest of places, burning hands and pains in joints that seem to move location overnight?
I would suggest in my bumbling fashion that this is not the result of waves from the cellmast in Barnard Road or the Microwave tower at Overport (both in line of sight to the victims), but rather it's due to the deliberate attentions paid them by the criminal chosen to run our power circuit, one Colin P. Balliram...*vomits...
Have any of the Chosen been 'overheard' complaining of these symptoms?  Apart from Bernie and his Missus that is?  Their contribution to the Project has been doubled over the last few months and I see now that nearly all the shrubs lining their mast facing boundary have been stripped completely.
Their girls will insist that the oldies had problems prior to their enrolement aboard the Information Theft Project... I'm here to tell you that those existing problems (arthritis etc) will be  exacerbated 10-fold by their participation, and I don't anticipate a happy ending up at No. 17... *sighs...

I went up at 5.am yesterday morning to find the hydrant leak had become a torrent... Surged deliberately, the break was just outside the Trustee of Flame Lily's home at No. 7...  Some twenty feet ABOVE the hydrant back up the hill... *startled...
The water covered the road right to the other side in a rushing river and was rapidly undermining the pink sand used to fill the trench in front of our gates...*winks...

Another coincidence in an astonishing litany of coincidences that the flood of water was only affecting our trench and none other... (you had to be there).
I called Water Faults a while later and when I next went up it had stopped flooding.. Despite the damage to the trench both the GW and I managed to navigate safely across the dodgy gap without incident... *shows the finger to Balliram...
I began my rounds by putting on a little entertainment at Dodge City for the troops... I'd something to deliver and had pinned on my badge that reads: My name is Jane and I am a National Security Risk, and took with me one of the GW's large white handerkerchiefs.... In the five minutes I'd been stuck in Locksley waiting for the traffic to ease, you can bet there'd been a great deal of frantic scuffling at the Hill...*laughing...
By the time I pulled in outside the Station several officers were doubtless under their desks.. I trudged in waving my white flag and delivered my parcel...

I'd not been chatting but a few minutes when fair Navi appeared... Yes, she's still working there despite telling me that she planned to leave... Ah yes - there's bound to be a very good reason why she changed her mind... *winks... Hot on her heels came the Tiger, clearly sent to see what I was up to.. *delighted.. I then perversely went down to the Charge Office to show off my badge and raise a few smiles, and on round to pretty Faith's office to ask where they'd installed the computer designated for our CPF use....
Was I surprised or even disappointed when she insisted she didn't know?  *cackles... Not.
I left in high spirits, cheered by all the smiles I'd generated and the thought that grown men might have found it necessary to hide for the duration of my visit... *teeth...
Time marches on and though it's still dark out, my much belated Christmas gift remains wisely silent for the moment.. Has he been gobbled up overnight or will he burst into his furious buzzing later today...? Plonker!

LATER at 6.05am...

The wekkers down the way started packing up noisily at 5.00am.. I waved to the two gundagundas as they laboured up the Crescent in the dark, and got a cheerful toot from the second one as he went by...
How many years have I been blogging the amount of work done just in this small section of the Zone?  Can you even begin to envisage the money poured into this operation alone?
Where is it coming from FFS?  How many billions were donated by His Weirdness that rules the oil-rich Libya and what is his reward?  Extra virgins promised in the hereafter were enough to persuade him to contribute?  *wonders...

Peace...

---oOo---

Friday 26th March 2010 at 1.33pm.