Friday, March 19, 2010

IT'S SHOWTIME...

(begun Friday 19th March at 4.25am....)


Ja I'm late, and cooked fits the bill nicely... Too much information and it won't stop whirling about in my head so's I can get a handle on where to start...*sighs...
Right off I'd say I need Karl Muller to pop up soon or I'll begin to think he was a figment of my imagination.... I figured out they daren't even glance in my direction for fear my blabbermouth will queer their pitch.. Nonetheless it's getting hectic down here, and I need some reassurance fairly soon, or I'm going under... *belches...
I worry about that kid as if she were my own, though that would be construed as 'weird'.. Crazy.. On the one hand I'm forced to keep reminding them that contact with me means trouble, and on the other the silence is killing me... I've no desire to know what they're doing, just that they're OK...

Being a Thursday it was the same old stuff...
Pulling in to the Farmer's Market to find that last week's theft was the main topic of conversation.. Turns out the young guy that helped himself to a wallet out of the Toyota pickup probably nicked the little white NPN Reg. car he drove off in as well... I didn't have time to get the details and was still obviously embarrassed about the whole thing...
Someone activated the cameras up there? Someone talked the thief through the entire operation just for kicks? *shrugs...

So I headed back towards home eventually, and pulled into Dodge as I usually do... I can only give you my impressions right?
I figure the Trouble-Shooter has been told to avoid me like the plague but he couldn't resist and broke cover before I'd left, and I proverbially got him up against a wall again... *grins... Was our entire conversation amplified and played back live, even standing out there in the open parking lot? I find it perfectly feasible and I tried to tell the guy the Station is wired to the max....*idiot that I am.... The air of jumpiness up there has pretty much vanished and has turned into complacency.. They're waiting for something and are certain it's going to happen.. An agreement has been reached?
There was no sign of the anally retentive Salacious Crumb nor his chum Supt. Singh when I visited. Holed up in a back office slavering over their laptops as our amplified conversation went out on Conference?  Where do I find that section in the manual?

The Tiger had pitched up at the Security Presentation on Tuesday night.. He said at some point that the cops needed a remote device to access Dean Park. That they have remotes for all the other complexes.. OK I'll give her a call, said I...
You remember her? Our ex-CPF Secretary that runs the Psycho Ward at Entabeni?  The one that left when so many of her nurses (Zone girls) painted a different picture of what's going on in the area to the one we were being fed by Dodge City?
Grossed out by the corruption, she resigned and didn't come back.  But I've kept in touch, so I gave her a call and told her all about the New Broom... When I got round to the request for a remote she replied that she'd already given two to Captain Sobrathi and (at this point she couldn't remember the other cops name), but that they'd informed her later they didn't work, and here I was asking for a third... *winks....
I said I'd get Matthysen to call her about it, as I knew they'd get along....

Later that afternoon she sent me a text with the cop's name she'd forgotten.   Masuku.  The Constable who was Nayager's man through and through but had shown great kindness to little Penny Ndenga in her hour of need.  *interested...
So it came to pass that I bumped into Captain Sobrathi on my visit yesterday and he gave me a nice smile.. *startled... (Any inconsistencies have the old alarm bells going off guys! *roffels..)
As I was crossing the parking lot a while later Const. Masuku appeared magically and I was pleased to see him and said so... About those remotes for Dean Park said I.....
Not to  worry he chirps, we fixed the battteries and they're working fine... *falls over laughing..
And there you have it folks!   The game playing continues unabated...
My telephone conversations are still as monitored as ever and once it was heard that the ex-CPF Secretary had the names of both officers she'd given the remotes to, the jig was up and the remotes miraculously 'worked' again...
I called the ex-Secretary and filled her in and she said she'd put new batteries in both remotes just before she handed them over.   Small stuff but what a give-away... *waves to Tiger....

You paying attention Gav old son?  See now, I've got to ask which Team you bat for, working as you do for SITA... It's cool that you add to the muddying of the waters, but where I was leaning towards OldBoys Network, I've just veered right on back to the starting point.. *cackles... Having fun there?
The current Head of Organised Crime hangs out in Clayton road on occasion?  We took a drive that way yesterday and the car wash looks to be the ideal spot he'd fit into perfectly... *gags...

Go check out Page 2 of yesterdays Rising Sun.. That in itself might be a mission, as I'm not sure if they're online...*sighs..  An article on Matthysen and his attempts to help the Zone Community, and it makes for entertaining reading, despite that he too is a mere pawn in this huge game playing out down here...

Treading water and going nowhere is what it is... More caculated stalling as refinements are made to the technology and homes are invaded willy-nilly by charmers like Balliram.  I suspect Nayager's removal from Dodge is part of one of the biggest theatrical productions attempted so far..
That the carefully chosen Trouble-Shooter is playing a lead role in what's no more than one of the fancier Distractions we've been treated to.. Is he aware of this?  Is he fully in the picture?  *blinks...
I'm the Thicko here and as such I've no idea.. Does this deter me in any way? What do you think?  *shrieks.. 

LATER at 11.30am..

God, but the old woman can talk hey? Tell you what, I'll go out there and play along and when I can't take it any more I'll hold up my cellphone.. Give it a minute and then call me and I'll sit on the phone till she takes the hint and buzzes off.... *grins.. Within a couple of weeks Ronnie has swung from being firmly on the Good Cop list to the Bad? *coughs....
Righto then.... Pink AND a boereseun is the winning combo? *falls over laughing and studies the Strategist... I don't think so....
I guess it was the general air of amusement that baffled me yesterday.. As if some sort of deal had been struck and the pressure was off?

Later, I went on down with the GW to the SPCA with the flowers I'd gotten her. She'd come out a week ago and hauled the dog out of the drain without a murmur...
The dogs were going mental when I rounded the corner of one set of cages...
The taller guy was making feinting movements at a big and very frantic animal... Shall I take this one? he said to his pal...
Do you have any idea what it would cost you to feed an animal that size? says I... You're just going to chain it up or are you going to love it?
You love dogs? he says... Sure, they can't talk so I'm doing it instead....
I didn't see them around after that....
I begged and pleaded to be allowed to buy back the white dog with the black rings round it's eyes.. I even offered to pay for it's neutering FFS. Deaf ears.. If I wasn't going to keep the dog myself they wouldn't let it go, however hard I tried... *sighs....

I understand our Controller's constant need for appreciation and admiration ja.. We'd pulled in to Sahara a while later, down there in Umgeni Park..
I was stood at the front desk for like 10 minutes before the droog announced bolt-eyed that all their computers had just frozen.... I guess with the Big Brother technology saturating the area that little trick is possible by even the rawest of recruits?
But I guess that Balliram was roundly applauded for his brilliant demonstration... *yawns...

A strange little note was waiting for me in gmail last night and rounded off a fairly surreal day.. It was from the young Councillor and made no sense at all.. Gavin? You want to suggest he tries again? *laughing...
As always, I've no choice but to sit and wait it out...

There was another really good haul recovered by Sydenham SAPS boys this week... This time dagga....
I'm still dead curious to know what happens to it once it's been confiscated..
It goes to an incinerator somewhere or ends up back in circulation?

It's a stunningly beautiful day here in the Zone and I hope it's equally lovely wherever you are..
Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 19th March 2010 at 1.21pm..