Sunday, February 14, 2010

WINDS OF CHANGE...

(begun Saturday 13th February at 4.55am...)

I only got to bed after midnight, and had decided I'd have a lie-in this morning... Instead I woke just after 2.30am with those weird cramps in both my insteps FFS! Sophie headed under the bed for refuge... Keeping notes Balliram?
You wouldn't have a clue whether your efforts were successful or not if I didn't inform you here...*shrugs...
Friday nights were always one of excessive behaviour on your part and I should know... *rolls eyes...

A great wind sprang up last night, and as we drove home through the city centre, clouds of paper and plastic whirled about the streets. It's still blowing as I write, and the temperature's dropped considerably (though not here in the back room, unsurprisingly). The pressure in my ears increases and I see the sky is full of clouds flying up from the South... Is that all it is? I'm feeling the effects of a pressure front?

It was on MyBB in Broadband News that I saw a post saying something along the lines that blogs had lost their appeal.... Man, I'm way too fragile to go there, and I simply ignored it and moved on... *waves to rpm....
It amuses me that the Monster next door is forced to sit through page after repetitive blog page, just in case I make a claim that needs some hasty damage control.... Though I often speak here as though I've a wider audience, my one follower and the spambot is quite enough to keep me going... *beams...

Sue the Book came over and baby-sat fat Sophie for us last night. She said she's still putting Nobby back through his gates when she finds him out on the road. She asked if I knew where all the water was... Huh? And then I remembered how often Balliram's three dogs (before he started getting rid of them) would appear on the loose, with their bottom halves covered in black, rank-smelling water... Apparently Nobby found that foul water again last week, despite that we'd had no rain...*interested...
Down by Khaled's at No. 2 would be my guess... The red people carrier still arrives across the way fairly regularly, and I continue to keep a record of his hour long visits as he manages the runoffs...

Is that about where the small colony of red bishop birds have set up home? What you lose on the swings hey? Though the great armies of noisy toads are long gone from the stormwater drain at the bottom of the valley, I sure enjoy the sight of their brightly feathered replacements... *grins...
The bees that were so obsessed with the corn I put out daily on the birdtray, havn't returned, though their cousins visit the back garden and the coral creeper often.. Oddness...

I've not been in the city centre after dark in years, and found that it's changed dramatically. Whether it was the heat that had quite so many people wandering about aimlessly, I've no idea, but the litter is there for all to see... Blinkers on Mistuh Sutcliffe? *vomits...
OTOH, everyone I encountered, from guest to waiter to doorman all wore the biggest smiles imagineable ... Even the young car guard who'd said he finished at 11pm, waited another hour to see us safely to our car, though he could clearly see we're not the last of the big spenders...*shrugs.. You cynical bastards can say what you like, but I seriously love the 'new' South Africa, warts and all, despite that so many of it's fatcat officials deserve to be lined up against a wall and shot.... *cackles...

Sutcliffe and his sudden about-face on issues that for years he's ignored or denied, is a case in point... His recent change in attitude itself screams for an investigation... Lock him up in a cell with Nayager and Balliram and make sure Allen Spence is in with them.. What a jolly little band of Crooks they'd make... *gags... Barnabas? You'll find that one harder to catch as he's had years of practise at evading justice....
What's the Oldboys Network stance on this Creep? They had no idea? Bollocks to that! While you see to it that a steady stream of Government stooges are exposed for their corrupt practises, you choose to ignore that you've employed a DRUGLORD to manage the Project here in the Zone? One that continues to rake in huge sums of money by flooding the area with banned substances?
Are your Chosen all aware that you've handed similar powers to Agliotti and no doubt to his colleagues in crime in every province? *boiling.... Lemme go cool off for a bit... *waves..

Sunday 14th February at 3.55am..

I wish I could describe the noise in my ears to you.. A colony of Christmas Beetles on steroids? It's just picked up and increased to top speed as Cola starts barking out in the dark of the valley...

I've told you before how I enjoy chance encounters with people I meet on my weekly outings.. That I will happily strike up a conversation with anyone nearby... *grins..
I was in a queue at Pick 'n Pay, Pavillion, and casually remarked to the little lady ahead of me that I admired her blouse.. When she turned around, we found that we'd known one another years ago.. Hau! She told me where she'd bought it and, as we had some time to spare and the GW was feeing adventurous, we headed up to Pinetown and eventually found the right factory shop... *beams.. Where am I going with all this waffle?
See, I meet so many new faces that I mostly never give them another thought.
Just before I'd rolled out of bed earlier, one of those faces popped into my head.... I've earned my reputation as being ponderously slow and stupid but sometimes out of the blue, I've gotten lucky.....*grins..

Who is she? C'mon, you can tell me? May I take a flyer? That she's a part of the reason Captain Lazarus and his jumpy colleague are on their very best behaviour? That Salacious Crumb is aware that he's being watched by far more than just the interim Station Commander? *falls over laughing... See, despite that I don't recall ever having seen her before, she had an obvious air of authority about her... Oops?

The charming girls at Dodge City Admin can chat the hind leg off a donkey, but not last Thursday... *thinking.. How did she know I was there? Another obliging quick call from the Crumb to warn her I was on the move, that flushed her out and into cutting short my conversation with the Admin. Clerk?
There are wondrous things afoot up on the Hill, I tell you... She was Oldboys Network and would rather I'd not mentioned her here? Tough....
If she had come on in to the office and introduced herself openly, would my antennae still have quivered so late in the day? I wasn't worthy? Hmm....

The thing is this.... you've got to trust somebody and I guess you've backed the wrong horse through necessity... My reputation has preceded me and I've been deliberately labelled such a variety of characters as to confuse you all...
Was mine the very first suggestion you'd had that the born-again Captain wasn't the squeaky-clean cop he now vehemently insists he is? *laughing... He's been happy enough supporting Nayager's crooked endeavours all these years until now... What changed so dramatically? What carrot was offered him? And don't tell me the Slimeball had a road to Damascus moment FFS!

When we finally arrived at Sparkport Pharmacy yesterday in the broiling heat, it was to find that Salacious Crumb had been assisting our Crime Awareness Drive cheerfully, and in full uniform, for hours... Such dedication to duty is admirable indeed...*applauds.. WhatTF is it that has him now desperately dancing the dance of the honest cop after all this time? It's incongruous to see the extent of his about-face and I shall enjoy it while it lasts...

Mercy? I've no reason to temper my barbs, as nothing at all has changed down here... Balliram the Crooked continues to run the SE's from out of the orphanage dormitories and to fill our home with his own special brand of central-heating...
The fact that it now generally takes us two or three Error 718's before we are given our iBurst connection (remote computer did not respond), is intended for a purpose.. He wishes me to mention it here fosho, and I'm happy to oblige... I guess he's attempting to steer your thinking, but I've no idea in what direction... Would he have you believe he no longer accesses our system? *rolls on the floor....

*It's now 4.50am and still dark. It appears we have a visitor in the valley. The loud crack of a branch breaking sets Cola barking wildly before relative silence falls again. Balliram's electronic gadgets go nuts as I appeared out on the verandah.... *

So there you have it folks... Kept in the dark as much as ever, I can only report on what I feel and see.. I suspect that Laz and Balliram are sweating right now with the effort it's taking to appear honest... The unfortunate Superintendent Singh is lost amongst all this furtive skullduggery and obeys his orders despite his bewilderment...
I simply don't see him as sitting sniggering over eavesdropped conversations whilst vicariously enjoying others misfortunes, as do his two crooked colleagues... Will he change? Will Lazarus ultimately be able to turn him into a perverted and obsessed information thief? Your guess is as good as mine..*shrugs..
Right now though, these boys are putting their everything into the roles they play.. Will it work? Will they be able to please both the Druglord and the OldBoys Network? *fascinated...

Peace julle...

---oOo---

Sunday 14th February 2010 at 3.18pm.