Friday, December 19, 2008

JUSTIFIABLY INDIGNANT SE GAT.......!
(begun Thursday 18th December at 7.40am.....)
*Error 678 given twice on attempting to connect.
Third time lucky after pulling the wall plug and replacing it....*
When I saw the Lout of My Life strolling up his driveway with his buddy at 6.30am this morning, kitted out for what could well be the Cracker Open Tee-offs, I confess to a moment's trepidation... *grins.... If Bali wishes to slither off his property unseen, he does it with ease. When he deliberately calls attention to himself as he leaves, there is always the possibility that something nasty is to happen later on.
The Visible Alibi Option has been used in the past with fair results...*winks... Fingers crossed the Sweeper is in residence and tis purely my overworked imagination at play...*grins...
Friday 19th December....
The mynah and my 'shoot first, think later' attitude have come back to bite me bigtime....
The wondrous proposal conceived and designed by the Architect for the development of the Trust land adjoining Jan Smuts Highway has caused a few ruffled feathers of late... As the Village Idiot I'm seen to have played a starring/stirring role in the drama....*sighs..
Whether or not I had been tasked to call the Architect with a message from our Chair is immaterial...*shrugs..
Tis now a genuine Clash of the Titans scenario fosho.... Neither willing at this point to back down, though as it was explained slowly and carefully to me this afternoon, tis for the benefit of the Community and Not about egos. Also said, not unkindly, was that at my erm, great age, I should have known better than to repeat the telephone conversation verbatim.....
My CPF Chair had apparently not wanted any changes made to the letter of support he had written on behalf of our CPF for the Architect's proposal....
Slowly the tumblers in my head creak over and I begin to see that I was the fall-guy from the outset....*topples over cackling...
I was used and didn't have an inkling until now....*shrieks.... What should have been a simple call to the Architect turned into a farce, as Mistuh Hyde took over from the getgo in a needless rant at his unfortunate trainee telephonist...
Thick as a brick that I am, I thought the guy was having me on...*roffels... Professorships are a dime a dozen in this country, and to go ballistic over being announced on the phone as Mistuh instead of Professor struck me as funny.... Oops! When I finally realised that he was serious, it was too late and the conversation took a decided nose-dive....*sighs...
Saturday 20th December at 3.20am..
If you were to judge from the lurching entries of this particular blog that I am struggling to accept just how badly I've shot myself in the foot on this occasion, you would be correct....*grins..
Just give me sufficient rope as they say.....? And so it was....
The Wireless Song flies out from the Convent and fills the valley as I sit and play the useless What If game..... *lawls...
The Wikked score and this time, ably assisted by this witless eejit. I recall how, as I'd reported the bizarre nature of what should've been a simple phone call, M had simply said to me 'Stirrer' and it flew right on over my head....*laughing....
My downfall has indeed always been my lack of guile whether you choose to believe it or not...*shrugs... I share everything, and have this crazy idea that telling the truth no matter what, is all that counts...
On more than one occasion it's been suggested to me that sometimes it's best to withhold certain truths, as in the case of the Architect's call....
Slow-witted as I am, tis not a concept I'm familiar with and rabbit on I do.....*sighs..
The proposals will be tendered despite the behind-the-scenes dramas, and whichever is chosen depends entirely on the Authors of the Information Theft Project. Both applicants are already fully invested in this Government initiative so it's anyone's guess at this point who will win..... Tis not the point.....
I allowed my distaste to colour what passes for my thought processes and there is no taking it back....
It makes a complete mockery of my desire for everyone to get along does it not?
Had our vote been required to choose one of the two proposals, I would unhesitatingly have gone for the Architects ambitious plans... but that is besides the point... There's a 50/50 chance that it will be chosen anyway...*shrugs..
M was right though I didn't see it at the time... I'm a classic shit-stirrer who attempts to cover my sins with a Cloak of Honesty FFS! Whether I can rise above this latest self-inflicted stupidity is doubtful...
The thought that I have indeed been deserving of my Master and his Mentor's special attentions all these years is a depressing one, but must be faced....*grins..
On a happier note, Basil nipped by the other day, at the wheel of his new scarlet peril.... Hopefully, there is now no need for the Goondaboyz to have this one nicked, as I don't anticipate spending time with him....*smiles..
All that remains is for the compensation cheque to be delivered and..... oh wait! That horse has long since been flogged to death....*glum..
I tried booting up the PC yesterday afternoon and not a light came on, on the tower, while everything else activated just fine... At the third try, once I'd removed the actual wallplug and replaced it, did my Network Admin graciously allow it to kick into life.... Neat...*grins..
Naturally I'm curious as to my Master's version of events surrounding these Land development proposals.... With his editing skillz honed to perfection over the years, just which tasty morsels were revealed and which withheld? Whatever. We are after all more alike than I'm comfortable with.... Bite me why don't you? *cackles...
The Screaming Meemies and a good many of the Master's other SPFX have fallen silent over the last few days... Are they merely taking a holiday and will they be back? Who knows....
If I am now somewhat tardy with this blog it is simply that despite thinking I had moved beyond the tacky self-flagellation of the past, I was mistaken....There's a large whip with a comfy grip and my name on it, so if you'll excuse me, I've business to attend to....*roffels...
Peace....
---oOo---
Saturday 20th December 2008 at 5.58am