Thursday, December 11, 2008

BAH! HUMBUG!
(begun Thursday 11th December at 3.55am....)
Sleighbells? No thanks. Besides, you wouldn't hear them over the sound of the Wireless song this morning....*lawls... I seriously begin to consider the Fowl King's efforts with his SPFX Sounds of Nature are intended for more than just my amusement.... *grins... My word, but he runs the Wireless song at full throttle this morning and no mistaking it....*cackles..
Was last night a trial run for mon Capitano's new top of the range smartphone? *peers at the Lout..... He most certainly attended a function and our system suffered as a result. The endless and clearly visible dips to our system indicated a shaky link at best. He set his own alarm off twice during the evening, which I obligingly reported to Missus Courageous via text.
I heard an sms come in not long after I'd gone to bed just before 10.00pm, but didn't bother to read it. I see now this morning that it was a reply from the Sweeper saying they were at the Playhouse and would be home soon, sent at 9.55pm... *roffels..
I've no doubt we can expect a great deal more of this nonsense, it being the so-called festive season, and we merely Santa's defenceless guinea-pigs....*curious...
el Molto Revolto will have been testing his latest toy earlier this week too, which would explain Khaled's house alarm going off so often, and even our TV losing it's picture....*sighs.... The alternative to a smartphone has to be considered and it's always possible the reins were handed over to a crony - though this idea is too depressing to contemplate...*chokes...
I've bitched often enough about the cranked up pressure in my ears when the Massa has been out and about and gropes to control us from a distant point....*shrugs... Though it's a stretch to imagine him sitting in the audience at the Playhouse while still carefully keeping an eye on this OWNED toad, it's most certainly feasible....*cackles....
Adjustments will have to be made o Captain of Massive Bravery.... I was correct in assuming the much vaunted energy-saving and wireless friendly light bulbs are used to aid the signal strength..... My insistence that I retain the old-fashioned light bulb next to the PC has paid off in spades....*dances...
If the desk lamp was running on one of those energy-savers, may I suggest that the constant dips to our power system would have been invisible? *applauds.... No wonder the authorities were at one stage even threatening fines for those who didn't comply and use the new bulbs....*shrieks...
If you want to see if YOUR power system is being accessed FFS, make sure you run an old-fashioned light bulb next to your PC.... Simple as that....*beams....
Later
Bali activated the Screaming Meemies as I stepped into the lounge, and I guess a couple of minutes short of my 20, my ears told me it had been stopped again. *grins... Was it the middle of last week I'd looked up to seen an unmarked white bakkie parked precariously at the very tip of the bluff across the way? Too idle to get my fat ass into gear, I'd not bothered to get up and take a picture. With hindsight a pity, as the driver would have been either moving the existing transmitter or adding an upgraded version in preparation for the Screaming Meemies...*falls over.....
Whilst my stupid hand has stepped up it's bad behaviour on the Orbitrek, nothing apart from my ears has changed, and fat Sophie has joined me on the verandah twice, while my Master's latest FX were at full throttle.... *shrugs..
The few remaining un-Chosen here in the Crescent are considered less than dirt under the jackboot of the Authors of this Project....*cackles... Aint that right Allen? My mouth isn't as indispensable as I'd like to think after all.....Though it does make your lives a little easier fosho....
At 5.20am a mynah arrived above the birdbath, shrieking noisily, so I got the pellet gun and didn't bother with my specs as I fired... A hole in one, as the bird fell like a stone...
No matter that they are vermin, I will pay dearly for my stupidity....*sighs....
It sort of negates everything I'm on about does it not? *sags...
I've tossed the corpse over the wall into the valley and one of the yellow-billed kites will be along shortly to collect it... Does this make me feel less guilty? Pfft... not a chance! Not an auspicious start to my day at all, but I plod on regardless....(Twas s'posed to frighten the thing away FFS....*whines...)
Later
The Captain of Courage had pre-set my Outlook Express to change the font size from 12 down to 10 each time I did a double space as I typed my blog in the rough last night... childish fun....?*lawls...
Tard that I will always remain, I had no clue how to fix it....Such easy prey am I not? *looks at her Network Admin kindly...
The Sweeper would have politely switched off her cell and not seen my two texts regarding their alarm as they sat enjoying the show last night....*grins... My second sms read 'Ure alarm again and our lites still dip. Wot a cockup.' 8.46pm
Pretty much straight to the point don't you think? *grins... The further the distance the Massa goes on his festive carousing, the more likely that our power system will take a beating.... Cest la vie...*shrugs..
Going up after 7.00am this morning, to open the gates for the GameWrecker, there is further clear evidence of water runoffs.... Excess rain from last night's wonderful downpour? You'd think, but you'd be wrong.... The rain is used as a cover to release even more water deliberately, and you only have to check out the road surface between Bernies and No. 14 to see the sinkholes starting to fall in as a result.... A section that was treated to THIS amazing amount of attention - taken back on 18th May 007 at midday.
The amount of water run over and under that bit of road is rapidly undermining it's top surface.... I guess they changed the flow direction and it's sprung a leak as well? Not big enough to rise to the surface but sufficient to eat away the ground above... It's happening everywhere you look and is airily shrugged off as lack of maintenance.... bollox! On the contrary, rather too much attention is being paid to the pipes and the results are proving disastrous... Any major auto accidents yet, as a direct result of these sinkholes? I'll bet that's a yes....*gags...
A huge and regular runoff can be seen at times on the Essex Terrace/UDW bridge coming in and out of the city from Westville.... Designed to run down the slope of the road right on the s-bend, from the University side down to the Essex Tr side... neat....*snorts...
I'm sort of tired of all this lying crap, and though I consider Basil finally getting his wheels a minor miracle, it's not enough.... Typical hey? Fix the fencing dilemma at Sydenham Heights and I will look on it as a gift you owe me for being the Pervert, Colin Balliram's Whipping post....*winks.... You know you can...
Have the extra doses of microwaves from my monitor, stepped up so gaily by the Massa, finally achieved their aim and screwed my eyes forever? *curious..
This past few weeks the discomfort is here to stay and I'm hardly surprised....*rubs it's burning eyes... He denies these extra attentions? *falls over..Hard to believe you're still buying from his sales department....
What else would explain my beet-red face one memorable occasion when, quite by accident I looked in the mirror after using the PC? I mean, a deep, dark red, not your standard pink flush at all....*gags... There are those among you who know exactly what and how it is being done by the Master of all I survey....
I can only hope one of you at least, is not cavorting about thrilled at this news, and is disgusted at his behaviour.... or not.... *shrugs...
Culpability is old-fashioned and passe right? *grins... The conscience-free will rule the Earth fosho...*shrieks...
I, on the other hand, will totter off to the shops today, grimly aware that I'm responsible for a mynah's demise... Karma...
Peace julle..
PS: It's now Thursday evening at 7.37pm and the dips to our system have been constant. Time to fix your electric gates mon cher.....? *nauseated.....
---oOo---
Thursday 11th December 2008 at 7.29pm