Friday, October 17, 2008

ADMISSIONS OF GUILT.....
(begun Thursday 16th October at 3.50am...)
If at all, I'll be remembered for the ability to talk the hind leg off a donkey, both here and in the real world...*pink.... Not cool, but hey - it's what's keeping me here...*shrugs...
I went out on one of our CPF Patrols last night... Our Vice-Chair (bless her) has spurred us on to resume the practise of cruising about the neighbourhood for a few hours to deter petty thieves...*grins..
As our plans are known by all and sundry well in advance, it's highly unlikely we will stumble across anything untoward....*laughing.. In fact, we're obliged to sign in at the station before we leave! *roffels...
You all know I don't get out much after dark, and am always entranced to find the Zone a veritable fairyland of lights....
Again, it's the sodium-based beauties I see now everywhere, in the most incongruous of places, that make me wonder what power is needed to run these things? Many of them are eye-wateringly intense just to look at...
If they do push out more volts than your average light, it would go a long way to explaining the powercuts randomly experienced... Recouping losses ja...*shrugs..
el Maestro is lying low as the rain falls steadily .... The Wireless song is up and running, but the violin-playing insects outside my window sleep on...*winks... Ahh, the first soft chirrup of the canary sounds in the dark morning instead....*waves to the Sound Engineer while laughing insanely....He hears me and it STFU almost instantly....
I've read nothing myself yet, on the purported leak of mercury into the Inanda Dam. The GameWrecker tells me that the Thor chemical plant has been implicated....*shrugs... If a side effect of the ensuing enquiry were to draw attention to the wireless-friendly, mercury-containing ccfl's that the Government is now insisting citizens use, it would be a great moment..... But of course that will be played down by the huge Damage Control team...*gags..
I've not had the recurrance of the metal taste in my mouth for a while now, but if you recall that went on for quite some time...*curious..
Do the implications of the Cities go Inhouse thread at mbb fly right over your pointed heads?! That it's as good as an admission of guilt that all I've been telling you here is the bald truth? *bolt-eyed..... Electrical circuits will be managed by IT savvy controllers in every neighbourhood. NOT necessarily Electrical Engineers....*looks at the Cracker....
It's a given that vodacom3g insists our situation here in the Zone is unique, and won't be allowed to happen elsewhere... May I point you to the recent slaughter of the Sham family way over in Stamford Hill, and ask if you can be sure of that?
You couldn't ask for a clearer indication of how this eavesdropping project can and will be used to the advantage of the Wikked....*spews..
If our Boys in Blue were paid decent salaries and corruption at the Stations genuinely weeded out maybe... But they're not and it isn't....*shrugs..
Without any preamble I rang Carol Frankson's immediate neighbour Sean Findlay at No. 738 Jan Smuts Highway. He picked up! Hau! He's been an enigma since moving in. Turns out he is in Security himself, and hasn't been a victim of petty crime yet, despite that he sits right next to the Moth Cottages.... *impressed..
A most interesting person, and it remains to be seen whether he attends our CPF Meetings in the future...
Later
My Controller feels he has gone to way too much trouble with his Acoustic presentations to abandon them now, despite its ludicrous nature....*lawls... With hindsight, I now recall a noisy flock of Cape Canaries (?) going mental in the dark many weeks back down by Khaled's at No. 2.
It must have been prior to installing whatever tiny transmittors that now surround our house...*laughs crazily.... As I write, the Master is trying a new insect noise, one that I am totally unfamiliar with....*falls over laughing....
Would he have me believe that these new and never before heard species have arrived here in the Valley due to global warming? *collapses..
Though the blurb covering each new sound may well list this area as suitable habitat, it does NOT mean that they've ever actually existed here....*roffels..
The point of this latest exercise escapes me for the moment. If it is to further discredit my sanity, then so be it.... *shrugs.. The wireless song can no longer be mistaken for crickets or for any other insect for that matter... At the time it first began it was the only description I could come up with....
Eh! My ears shriek under the weight of the solid cloud cover this morning... I'm making an effort to introduce the GameWrecker to the noisy violin-playing insect that lives just outside the lounge window, for starters....
How it has uncannily remained in the exact same place for weeks now... Baby steps toad! Baby steps.....*guffaws...
Later
Bali has finally heard my choked laughter. The wee violinists outside the window are silent for the moment...*grins... The thing of it is, that none of the birds (apart from the hadedas, mynahs and masked weavers) hang about much, and certainly don't call from the same spots fifty times a day! *lawls..
Tone it down like by 95% and you have a Winnuh!!! It's the same with the insects. A passing toad would have swallowed the violinist over a week ago, and followed the sounds to finish off any others remaining...*winks... Temper your enthusiasm a tad if you can mon Capitano....*chokes..
Friday 17th October at 7.05am
The wind and rain howl through the valley. A great day to stay in bed *nods... The Massa had other ideas alas, and I was finally persuaded at 4.20am to haul my lardbutt from the sheets....*cackles..
A most unusual and unrecognized bird called loudly from the coral tree...
I stood at the verandah door and mimicked it for a while, hoping to see it fly off against the lit sky...*winks... It didn't and eventually just STFU never to be heard again....*laughing...
Last night I left it till late to try and find my kid on gmail chat. Little Willy saw fit to block the connection...*spews.... The mails this morning clearly show that we were both online, and if he denies bolloxing the connection deliberately, check out his nose which is already considerably larger than his erm.... never mind....*roffels..
BTW, an apparently ambitious effort made at Jimmy Bellows Field yesterday had FAIL written all over it....*winks... Bali and his grinning Mentor clearly have very little to occupy their time...*curious....
I stopped off at the Station to see Navi on the way home from the shops, and was pleased to find it had been a relatively crime-free morning, judging from the amount of officers standing about chatting...*waves to the not-quite-such-a-wide-smile Captain Murugen....
Delighted as I was to see Tiger, I would not have recognised him had I not been 10 feet and face on to him! WTF!!!? Camouflage? Under-cover disguise? *screams....
I bit my tongue and hope that it's a recoverable situation...*sighs..
Colin Balliram's Protector levitated at speed from his office, his glass eye glittering with glee...*falls over... It didn't take a banner to tell me the dirt has finally been successfully covered up... Till the next time then? *grins..
At one point yesterday, we drove up the steep Dhulam Road and I hung out of the window to admire the stunning view of Springfield/Umgeni Park below. I allowed myself a flicker of rage at the sight of so many streetlights active after 2.00pm. Despite this, there are continued threats published in the Press that should we the public not save on electricity, we will be subjected to further powercuts... *vomits profusely...
Neotel were busy at Argyle and Umgeni, and for once had their company logo displayed...*shakes it's head... AFA I'm concerned, they are merely a further distraction and ultimately another means of installing a VOIP-friendly device in YOUR home...*gags..
I can't believe that you are all still so blind to the audio-options that this marvellous Muni broadband offering, piggybacked with Wireless will give to the Crooked. Think for a moment how the most banal of remarks made privately in your home could lead to: knowledge of when your property stands empty, knowledge of your business dealings and your true affiliations, be it in business or politically... Ag, the list is endless and for you to shrug it off as unimportant makes you as big a fool as THIS Tard of the century....*cackles...
Peace julle...PS! I went as usual back to efnet to give the time I had finished and hit publish and it refused to load! Wassup Massa? You have a problem there? *falls over...... 9.14am.
---oOo---
Friday 17th October 2008 at 9.02am.