Monday, September 01, 2008

VOIP IN THE WILDERNESS.....
(begun Saturday 30th August at 8.05pm....)
It must have been about 6.35pm when the chopper thundered by and hung a left over the Michan/Barnes Road area. A brilliant white light flashed several times on it's side as it leaned towards the houses... Safely added to the Grid then? *grins..
As always, I find alternative pleasures when the Chicken King flexes the little muscle he has left....*cackles..
He has a visitor atm and much scuffling is going on out in the dark next door....
I went up to find a white open-bed Isuzu bakkie ND 56690 on his verge. A company vehicle? Which company? *curious.... BizAfrika? Hmmm..
Their lorry was down Khaled's servitude this afternoon.
After blogging the wet patches of earth each side of our verges yesterday, I went out early this morning to find clumps of grass had been 'planted' on both sides of the drive and thoroughly watered in...*roffels...
Was this done in the dead of night, and if so why and by whom? *fascinated...
I just tried again to connect and was successful. I went over and blogged the rather lame 'Choices' and tried #trivia to get the equally pathetic No Match Found....*grins...
My Controller RULES! *winks... No seriously, I think he does...*nods... Which says a great deal about Law enforcement on the Internet....*shrieks...
It's my blogging the bigger picture regarding the Zone that's caused my demise this time. As long as I diss mon Capitano it can be erm, trivialised and a mere amusement. When it becomes clear that I consider poor Bali to be nothing more than a poisonous goondaboy - a minor, self-important cog in a wheel so vast he is a speck of dirt on it's outer rim, then the foreheads glisten.....
I do not need my blog to fulfill der Kommissar's brief encouraging us to gossip....*grins widely...
Aware as I am of the enormous amount of possible audio-monitoring options now available, I would choose very carefully were I to say, join a friend for coffee and a chat?
Just to get the ball rolling you understand? Tis time to speak out about the fine print written in invisible ink on the Wireless Project plans shown to prospective Invitees?
Who have I met recently that caused my Master to engage top gear and take the trivia bot down, specifically to have me removed as a pest?
Someone that actually gave the Rotten Apples pause for thought? *tries to figure it out....
Mistakes are being made.... Having Basil's little car stolen was another short-sighted error in a string of many, made by the over-confident Rotten Apples...
The dear man is now trapped in my company once a week through necessity....*grins.. Do you track us as I head into the Zone? Do you see and hear the people I meet due to his presence? Even in Westville we bump into his friends constantly, and I am introduced and try to make sure I'm not forgotten....*winks...
I have no social graces at all but I do believe that my liking for my fellow-man is clear to those that I meet...*shrugs..
Your monitoring is clever and is almost everywhere...Almost, but not quite....*shrieks.... Give Basil back his car before I become a REAL thorn in your side - or not....*shrugs...
Sunday 31st August at 4.20am:
I can hear the huge machines working in the distance. Brickfield Road? I checked the hadeda pool yesterday to find that already tadpoles have begun hatching out....*claps...
Later:
I am an ancient Tease....*shows it's yellowed stumps.... I walked, and then sat out in the dark for a while with Kitz...
You have to marvel at the kurrikane thrush's amazingly varied range of song...*grins....
I went back into the lounge at 5.30am and put the desk lamp on.
Did my Master sit up immediately in more ways than one? *screams with laughter.... Go take a cold shower bubba, and get over yourself....*grins..
Ever wonder what keeps me going despite insurmountable odds? The sure knowledge that I have Right on my side? *collapses choking... You have got to be kidding!
I stand before you a Toad alone and apart...*cackles...
Unlike my Lord Fowl, I am not even a speck on the Screen of this Project, but still I persist.
Offer me a trillion dollars and I still could not truly tell you why I stick like glue...*weird.... My task it is to tell you of the Zone and the wonderful people who live here. I'm the Toad in the Street. Back to the wall, I make my last stand... A heroic simpleton to the bitter end...*laughing...
Sunday now 7.57pm:
Bali continues to indulge himself fully....*cackles... I sat down at the TV at lunchtime and shortly afterwards he began smacking it.... I agreed audibly that he Owns it and may carry on doing as he pleases....
Needless to say, he eventually tired of that game and left it alone...*shakes it's head...
Tonight's attempt to access efnet resulted in a variation on a now tired theme...*yawns... No efnet channels....
Why does Fizzle not simply mail me and say straight out I may not play in #trivia? Is there more delicious enjoyment to be had doing it Bali's way? *curious...
My consolation is, that I have finally struck a nerve hard enough to warrant my engineered expulsion. I doubt you lot will be told the Real reason...*cackles..
Do my calls to the CIA, FBI, MI5 and Interpol fall on deaf ears? Is this why it was considered safer to shut me up? Whipped soundly for how many years is it? And still an incurable Romantic fosho....
The Good Guys ARE going to come barrelling down the pass to save me....*beams... They consider not my grotesquely aged form or acid tongue... They have finally seen my spirit and deemed it worthy of rescue.... Here, have a puff? *falls over laughing.... G'nite...
Monday 1st September at 4.03am:
Twice I called this Senior Boys Hostel SE an ear-crusher. On the strength of those two remarks, mon Desperado has had the thing running 24/7 I swear! *shrieks delightedly..... a pre-school level of bullying.....*chokes..
Has young Sean Mudaly been promoted, up at Telkom Overport? Has he moved over to the so-called competition? Does he still kindly volunteer to rewire customers entire landline systems in an effort to find an otherwise unsolvable problem? *laughing.... Neat...
My guess would be that he is one who avoids my blog like the plague? Just doing his job he was, and I have no hard feelings at all...*grins..
Did he ever get the photo I took of Sophie gazing at him adoringly while he was 'just doing his job'? *wonders...
And how is Saleem Moosa these days? Just another Telkom Overport droog who was kind enough to call when we had the ISDN problems? You think ja? *laughs...
Except that, of all my photos stored on the little PC, he was the one that Bali chose to delete, immediately raising my interest in the fellow...*cackles..
Where was Saleem back in, 1996 was it? The SBV Heist? Was he already working at the Overport Depot back then? *curious....
Despite all the red herrings so carefully laid out, there are still those who are extremely interested as to what happened to the missing 32.5 million loot....*winks... The Mastermind behind the Heist was never apprehended, and you have to wonder whether our Saleem could shed any light on the matter....*dabs it's streaming eyes....
Later:
Worthy of note? Twice yesterday I caught a strong whiff of sewage over towards No. 10... This morning our tap water runs white again. Are you SURE you know what you're doing?
Later still: 10.12am...
I'd watched this morning after 5.00am as a pair of bright headlights reversed away from this outbuilding over at St. Theresa's in the dark.... The exact spot that this enormous SE is frequently activated and, as I live and breathe, is active right now mid-morning! *laughing..
The saga of the ghostly gig upgrade continues...The GameWrecker logged on this morning and went to admire his upgraded bandwidth... Oops! Only 400kb had been added in spite of having paid tradepage the R98 upgrade fee two months back... WTF?
I tried Hilary at tradepage only to be told she was off today... So instead I spoke to Craig Amos in their Joburg office... Craig was busy on a call, so I waited.... (Bali hastily phoning through his instructions? *roffels) The GameWrecker has given Craig our details and now we sit while they sort it out....*winks...
Today I learned that fibre is made up of glass strands and that if it is bent or damaged, data carried is lost...
May I guess that great strides have been made in this field? That somehow a fibre optic cable that is now extremely flexible and durable is on the market?
I go back to the labouring crews of unskilled wekkers dumped on every corner countrywide... The hit and miss work done in finding the right pipes to feed the cables through is having appalling consequences throughout the land...
Does Neil McLeod sleep well at night? Allen Spence? Like a baby with that bank balance I bet....*vomits...
It is unlikely therefore that raw labourers would be working with the old type, so-fragile optic cables... A rigid casing would create huge problems, so I must assume that the inner workings themselves are now of a much more resilient quality and able to withstand the clumsy efforts of the toiling droogs?
I would say it was within half an hour of my initial call to Craig Amos of tradepage that Pranav called back to say they were experiencing migratory problems (chokes) and that we would receive our gig by the end of the day.... *applauds cautiously....
Later:
I'm delighted to say that our long-awaited upgrade to 1 gig was in by mid-afternoon. Kudos to Craig and Pranav....*beams...
I checked after lunch to find searchirc at last yielded the efnet channels, albeit that every single one now has 'New' next to it...*cackles...
So I typed out two late blogs and have this one to go...*mops it's brow.... Enough for the moment...
Peace julle..
---oOo---
Tuesday 2nd September 2008 at 6.18am.