Friday, September 12, 2008

A BREED APART.....
(begun Thursday 11th September at 4.15am...)
A correction. Monday night's powercut was not after all, restricted to just the circuits my Controller manages.... The GameWrecker tells me that it took out great sections everywhere, and that he was still up and about when it occurred....
*my lights have just dipped as I type this.....*
You may recall I blogged the sound of the signal disappearing noisily on the TV just before nodding off? That WAS the powercut....*laughing...
Our power went down for just a second, and straight back on, giving no time to switch off assets to protect them against the surge as they were restored....*shrugs.... So, do I applaud my Hero for the minimum outage time, or diss him for the damage that will have been done so neatly ? *cackles..
We had little or no problems once Bali had left for the day yesterday... After he got in last night it was a different story altogether....*heaves...
The first electrical thump that hit our TV began at 6.07pm and continued at 6.13, 6.45, 6.54 etc, until 8.31pm when I do believe I shut down the PC and made ready for bed....*cackles...
I heard no further interference after that, but will check with the GameWrecker later....
Another of the Government touted and laughably titled longlife CCFL bulbs blew yesterday...*grins... I guess our electricity supply is pretty unstable at the moment? *winks at Bali..
Friday 12th September at 4.30am:
Despite the drop in temperature and the welcome rain, we went up to the Midlands yesterday after all...
While the GameWrecker busied himself hunting for rats in the rondavel, I took a walk along the Mooi River with Sally the Border Collie....here
The trees along the river had not yet donned their Spring Collection and the drizzle came and went... By the time I had trudged briskly almost to the road, old Sally was happy to turn round and head back for home....
I watched as I went silently along the bank of the river, for the otters the kid had seen playing in the water on one memorable occasion...
Will they survive the inevitable pollution to their breeding ground? Is the river already contaminated by the excessive zeal of the Beast, reaching it's single-minded goal? *shrugs..
A flock of ibis took flight as I walked by, and dozens of weaver's nests swung wildly over the water as their occupants went about their business...
I conjured up my old lady, who walked with me happily.... She too had loved nature in all it's forms...*beams..
As much as I would like to share pictures with you, I cannot.... How simple to merely plug in my camera and give you a glimpse of the beauty.... You think?! *roffels..
My Master has done his best to damage and destroy whatever he can, however he can....*looks at the Heroic Captain....
For the moment at least, my camera survives despite endless viruses being picked up on it's memory card...*winks... As a result, you will have to make do with my inadequate verbal descriptions of places seen and visited....
Unless of course you are bold enough to visit me here, whereupon I would happily share with you my now six albums.....*beams...
Friday still now 9.25pm:
So much to say and yet so knackered..... *smiles..
I went out shopping with Basil this morning while the GameWrecker did guard duty.
We covered a fair amount of distance and only got home after 11.00am, to find a bakkie parked on the end of Basil's verge by the stopstreet and this gentleman standing beside it...*huge grin....
At this point, I ask that you jump back to my blog published on Wednesday 3rd September entitled Nothing Sweet About Me......
You will recall a team of four assorted representatives anxiously gazing into the depths of the manhole down at the stopstreet? The admission even then that there was a problem, as they moved on up the Crescent to Freddie's driveway at no. 12?
We had the Mr. BizAfrika, the Telkom? guy with Siemens on his vest, the big dude with hair-loss whose job was clearly on the line (the guy that said they were all from the Roads Department)*winks...
And last but not least, we had this older guy whom I had judged to be a boffin from his air of authority and his age.
You see here he retrieves something from the driver's seat of a Muni bakkie with Engineers Dept. on the door? *smiles..
Right, come on back now to yesterday, and be as chuffed as I was, to find this last gentleman now standing alone on Basil's verge....*falls over...
He was wearing a scarlet sunhat along with his safety vest.... When I mentioned how much I admired it, he pulled it's twin from the back of the bakkie and offered it to me for R50....*laughing...
I declined as red is SO not my colour... It goes well however, with the red suited droogs that were beavering away here on Sabeera's verge with the RawPower Van and this one don't you think?
I then asked casually whether the problem had been sorted, to which he replied no, it's still here (pointing to the manhole) and up there (pointing up towards Sabeera's at No 18, or even higher..)
I told him that the big guy had spent some considerable time on the 8th trying to sort out the cabling here and that our water had looked clearer the last few days though I had smelled a brief stench of sewage on Wednesday morning...
He looked concerned and said yes, 'they' must come and fix it.... A pleasant man seemingly without guile.... I then went to help Basil unload his groceries and the Muni Engineer left.
While that short exchange may be of little interest to you, it was a happy moment for me to have it confirmed that it IS the cabling that is causing the water pollution. Like you didn't know that already....*laughs...
The implications are horrendous, and yet not one among you dares to sound the alarm... Not one. *astonished...
How many cover-ups and illnesses will slide by unnoticed due to your cowardice? *gags...
While you concentrate on patting the Cracker's back and admiring his petty vindictiveness, does it help to distract you from what is really happening? *curious..
Missus C and I struck up a lively conversation over the wall this morning. She told me they were going to the Berg for the weekend. I asked whether Bali was going too, to which she replied yes (as her nose suddenly increased greatly in length) *laughing...
She kindly insisted on loaning us three DVDs and I politely accepted, though I knew it was unlikely I would watch them...
How fortunate her kind gesture proved to be, when I discovered the Chicken King had taken out our TV screen prior to their 'leaving for the Berg'..*chortles...
The GameWrecker had left by then without mentioning it... I switched it on later, and it loaded a nice bright green figure eight in the top left corner of the otherwise black screen, which then vanished....*startled...
der Kommissar's Favourite has pulled out all the stops on his juvenile but effective Punishment Machine, in an effort to remind me who is in charge ....*suitably cowed....Mooo!
He has as always, overdone his ownership of our assets, resulting in very little if any, upset at all.... No cries of dismay to thrill him.... He simply can't grasp this concept at all.....*laughs...
The very attractive young cousin (according to the Sweeper), was to be house-sitting while they are 'away'... The cousin that I have long and incorrectly, referred to as the Brother-in-law....*sighs..
The BIL that drives this turquoise 4x4 and lives at No. 6 Garbutt Road.... I had foolishly assumed the Silver Tazz that is so frequently parked at the Master's, to be the BIL's wife's car... Bong! I'm out...
It now turns out this is the same cousin that helped throw the poolnet over Nobby here *gags.... I have never studied him closely before today, and am frankly surprised at how pleasant he looks and sounds... He has however, sadly spent way too much time in the company of my Lord Rubbish, and doubtless now grovels awed, at his feet....
I am somewhat shamed for him but it won't last....*cackles..
The Sweeper told me this morning that her dogs are getting out of the property on their own, through the newer metal gate at the bottom of their stairs and then somehow miraculously opening the electric gates (now fixed) to run out onto the road.... Tsk tsk Missus Balliram..... *shakes it's head in disbelief.....
I took my little ladder this evening and climbed up, to confirm that unless the three dogs have grown wings, there is simply no way this could be true....*shrugs..
No - it is possible that my Master has not left town at all.... The remote is being used to open the gates and the dogs are being encouraged to go out into the road as the gates are shut behind them...*vomits...
I could hear little Pepsi squeaking far away last night at 10.00pm... I got out of bed, dressed, and unlocked Fort Knox to find Nobby and Pepsi out in the road.... The Sweeper graciously came up, after I had already forced their gates open with difficulty and pushed the dogs back in.... (Basil had done the same only hours earlier)...
Tell me true now - do you Really find this to be sport and entertainment? Honestly? You are amused by this behaviour? *fascinated....
If so - I'm proud to say that we most certainly are a breed apart.... I will happily keep my title of Tard, and you may puff yourselves up in your pretentious IT self-importance....
Apart from the fact that we now have no TV screen (though of course the DVD plays fine), the kettle sounds to be on it's last legs, and the three unloved and abused dogs run the risk of being knocked over or torn to shreds by Joey at No. 10, it's been a grand and enlightening day....*beams..
At 10.15pm a remote cockily chirruped next door. The GameWrecker ambled through to say the TV screen had suddenly been restored...*yawns...
My Achilles Heel is the damned dogs, and I listened for a while as Cola barked desperately in the dark before I fell asleep....
Saturday 13th September at 4.25am:
The Obedient Slave's silver Tazz is now parked at the top of the drive in place of the small white car that crept in for the evening..... Perpetuating the myth of my Master's absence, der Bunker's SE is off this morning....*snorts..
Was that the cousin taking orders via his mobile, that I'd heard speaking just before the remote sounded last night? You most certainly cannot judge a book by it's cover...*winks...
Peace...
---oOo---
Saturday 13th September 2008 at 6.30am.