Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE MINEFIELD.....
(begun Saturday 14th June at 5.10am....)
Not the whisper of a Wireless song this morning... Not from the convent,nor my Master's grounds... Not even the pseudo-cricket calls on this beautiful chilly pre-dawn morning...
I had gone out the front at some point last night,to find this dazzling orange light activated, along with 32 Michan Road AND the outbuilding over at St. Theresa's....
They were running the huge orange port-a-light from near the north end dormitory windows last night... LOS to Sabeera I guess.... *shrugs...
I forgot to mention that there had been a minor ruckus up on the road on Wednesday morning... I went up at about 4.00am to find the Terrible Twins shut out on the street, so I took them in and posted them back over the wall...*despairing.... It happens often enough that I seldom mention it here any more.... Three x 4-legged innocent pawns that they are....*snorts...
I have established to my satisfaction that I was right about turning off the wall sockets...*beams.. As long as I leave the TV switched on, my Master mostly leaves it alone.... Turn it off, and if he is near the DeathDealer when its switched back on, it is guaranteed the TV will bear the brunt of his ire....
He prefers the landline and cellphones to be switched on as well... How this all aids the audio-monitoring is way beyond me, but it's the truth....
The Neotel 'devices' will be yet another piece of technology to enhance the eavesdropping system. How the Government and Telkom work around those homes without a landline, I've no idea... There has to be a way, but as yet I can't figure it out...*grins..
Most of you will know that my kid is currently in the Scottish highlands, and I am pleasantly surprised to find I am 'allowed' to chat with her via gmail chat...
We did actually do the Skype thing on one occasion, but since then have been unable to get it going...*winks.... No matter - I find myself grateful for the smallest of crumbs these days and gmail chat is great....*curtseys to the Fowl King...
You will doubtless be agog to hear my version of the events that took place yesterday...? Of the thieves that entered my Controller's property at midday...?
Astonishing as you may find it, I have become rather more cautious over time, and though, yes, I have written a blog stating the facts of the matter, there is much still missing and I choose not to publish it yet....*beams...
Add to this a clear voice in my pointed head saying 'wait', and there you have it....*grins... Do I think it possible that yesterday could turn out to be a defining moment in my career as the Neighbourhood Idiot? Indeed I do, and therefore I choose the Right to Remain Silent for the time being.... *cackles wikkedly....
Will my dear Master accept my decision gracefully, or will he take out his anger on our few assets? We shall see....
The mere fact that it is a situation beyond his control is sufficient as a rule, to tip him over the edge... something I have grown accustomed to over the past nine years....*shrugs...
The reappearance of the huge orange light in the dormitory was a one-off? It's not there this morning....
There are certainly signal enhancers activated, but just not that particular one....
For the first time last night, I read a post on myadsl that casually stated sewer lines are being used for cables...*cackles... a gently Coming Out of the closet? No posters subsequently queried the remark, which in itself was surely odd....*falls over....
Today I will haul out the Collins and find the meaning of the word brave.....*looks at Missus Courageous....
Later:
May I quote from the Mercury of June 13th Letters Page? One Hema Chhiba Sokay says in part: "These are people who look like human beings on the outside, but inside have absolutely no human values. They have no sense of what is right and wrong." The letter itself is titled "Humans have become Barbarians"....*nods and looks at the Dark Avenger sadly..... In the light of the latest events, may I say ne'er a truer word was written....
While in #trivia after 6.00am this morning, the tower decided to do something completely different, and began to emit a weird rushing sound as the Game was visibly lagged.... A mass attack from UFOG (United Front of Goondaboyz) or just my Master losing the plot?
He cannot hide the usual sounds he makes as he manipulates our connection, but this noise was most interesting and different... I remarked on it aloud in the Channel and it stopped shortly afterwards....*rolls it's eyes at the pathetic behaviour....
Later:
I've only just gotten round to kicking life into the poor abused CPF Nokia. It's immaterial whether you believe it's problems are age or Bali related...*shrugs.... Like the eighth time I tried, he gave up and let it settle down...*heaves...
So I went straight to Call Register to have a look... Our CPF Communications Officer had said he'd tried to get me earlier this week and the phone had been off. It very often is these days, but not of my doing...*grim.... My sister said she'd sent me a text yesterday as well.... oddly there was no record of either missed calls or texts....*shrugs...
About ten minutes ago, I went through and told the GameWrecker that it was strange to find no missed calls in the Register and no texts waiting. Not 5 minutes after saying that aloud, my sister's text arrived in duplicate at 7.50am. My little phone had been on some twenty minutes by then... *keels over laughing....
Another mad scramble by my Listener to pass off his mischief as a result of the soon-to-be common 'Network Problems'...*grins...
I'm looking out at the old coral tree in full bloom. A small flock of Cape canaries filled the air with charming sounds, while a pair of raucous ring-necked parrakeets feed on the flowers noisily... A cloud of mannikins rise and fall by the birdtray... Though the air is surely filled with strange new sensations, it certainly doesn't appear to bother them on this beautiful sunny day....
The Postman delivered a letter to our box this week, from tradepage.... Advising that they are now open for business over weekends.
Bizarre! Our Internet Service Provider uses snailmail to contact us? *collapses.....
The GameWrecker has still been unable to check the Bandwidth useage and so just now, he tried the new tradepage weekend number. He was told the iBurst server had been down for a week but he could purchase more bandwidth...
The guy told him to unplug the modem, wait for 10 minutes and then connect again.....*laughing... It's all just too silly for me.....
The AirWing chopper was up and overhead for ages yesterday and again last night. I am highly amused to see the searchlight activated more often than not of late.... Now you are cooking! *winks....
Later:
The Twins were out in the road earlier and are now visiting with a delighted fat Sophie for a while... I was out the front giving them bones, and still I heard the savage knocks sent to our TV... Nice one BullyBoy....! *applauds....
Peace julle...
---oOo---
Saturday 14th June 2008 at 1.13pm.