Wednesday, April 02, 2008

STRIKE ME PINK......
(begun Wednesday at 3.45am)
At 3.30am there was a wall of rain coming down... A time to build me an ark kind of deluge....*grins..
Oddly enough, my second thought was for the road crew that was beavering away last night, long after the rain had started to fall....
You could hear them still at it on the Freeway, just before midnight, and I've no idea what time they finally packed it in...
My first thought? Eh, that would be for all animals without decent shelter in the driving rain and coming cold....*shrugs.... Soft hey? *gags... I can't help but hope the owner of 27 Hutt Road's anticipated 300 virgins in the afterlife,turns out to be an old and well used village bicycle....
I sat at the desk and looked over at the orphanage to see an extra light go on in the kitchen ... Then for a moment, ALL the lights in the Control room went on (actually the laundry) and then off ..WHOA!
Two big lights on over at the Powerhouse... I forgot to mention a couple of days back,this box on the wall of the Powerhouse was activated and a wonderful sight to see....
I'm rather chuffed with that series of photographs I got on a visit there...*beams... That square little building must fairly hum with power...
A couple of nasty, irritable cracks came from the TV during the evening... certainly nothing whatsoever to do with the coming downpour and everything to do with Mistuh Grumpy...*cackles...
Since when did I become an electrician? Since I learned to tell the difference between a storm in the heavens and a storm in der Bunker...*falls over..
As I sat I could hear a huge volume of water hitting the ground the other side of the wall....his gutters aren't handling the rain? *shrugs...
Later:
I'm betting my dear Master insists that his faulty lights are just that, and not in anyways involved or connected to controlling our PC...*falls over laughing...
So I dutifully caper here at his specific behest....*grins..
I went up to see the GameWrecker off before 8.00am to find this light outside my Controller's front gate, flashing on and off as well....and, just in case I hadn't noticed it, he made sure by opening and closing the big electric gates repeatedly....
Course by the time I got back downstairs the gates were again behaving themselves...*grins..
To recap then - his lights have everything to do with our Control,and I suspect the devices that work so efficiently in Kitt iii's front tyre, have now been added inside the garage....
My ears have oddly enough, screamed the same high-pitched whine without change since he had the 'upgrade' on the 25th March at 17.26pm....*beams...
It does not disturb me in any way and only when it stops or changes frequency am I startled.....unlike genuine tinittis sufferers who struggle to cope....
If Bali so deliberately draws attention to his road-facing light also being faulty, I would expect to see the return of his electricians imminently...*choking...
The GameWrecker switched on the TV this morning to find no sound and a black screen. It is of course an old TV and we had so much rain overnight..... Raaait! *laughing...
I pulled all the plugs and restarted it and voila! No problemo apart from Captain Courageous' grubby paw-marks all over it....*grins...
He has clearly set his greedy black heart on taking it out and is more than welcome to it...
Whether you choose to believe it will die unaided, is immaterial....*shrugs..
Have any of you bothered to go take in the view from the Pavilion roof? This weird long line of 'windows' below the main buildings at Howard College... Someone suggested it may involve solar panelling but I have finally noticed that both levels are very brightly lit overnight.... WTF could it be that so heedlessly chews power in this time of crisis? *collapses laughing...
Have I mentioned the so-daring anti-Telkom site that a regular poster on www.mybroadband.co.za forums created? *grins..
It comes as no surprise to find it's creator is of an age that wishes to fit in with his peers....*nods... The marvellous coincidence of his stepfather being an erm, newspaper editor? You can imagine my immediate thought was to utilise this juicy fact ....NOT! *laughing...
It is quite possible that by now, even the redoubtable Martin Welz and Dave Charles have been sold a version of the Big Brother Project, that they accept.... they have no way of knowing the History of the Zone after all....*shrugs...
Bali sadly, still finds it entertaining to manipulate the signal on my CPF Nokia....nothing on TV and too wet for golf? *sighs...
Since I have given you rather more of my Master's history than you were previously aware of - I ask that you think very carefully on the matter of my blog still being edited....
That he has access to the very latest technologies at no cost spared (courtesy of Mistuh Selebi) is a fact...
I grant you that the flashing garage light, activated during the day when I log on, is probably not to his liking....may I use the term 'gives the game away'? *laughing...
It figures that he Will need to get the 'electrician' back to dumb the thing down eventually as it photographs really well....*beams...
*toady is feeling worth her weight in gold today, and thats a sh*tload of bullion....
Later:
I notice at 8.50am Bali's gates now stand wide open...and the gardener is busy on the property...much as he was on 25th March when three different sets of techs arrived to upgrade his system...*grins..
At 9.15am the garage light had begun its wild flashing again and at 9.19am this unmarked truck ND 370 818 pulled in with these two occupants....
Hopefully on an unrelated mission *curious... A while later they were busy drilling and hammering on the wall inside der Bunker nearest to where I sit outside in the garden..*shrugs...
Later:
A white chopper came over at 11.27am and has now returned heading from Brickfield Road towards the Southern Freeway at 12.05pm Bali's garage wall light is flashing away merrily in anticipation of this blog...*keels over laughing...
You betcha!....
The clattering sounds of the builders working on the blocks of flats next to the Freeway in Mayville, are carried here on the breeze.... Sporadic sunshine breaks through the clouds...
It's a lovely day here in the Zone...Peace...
---oOo---
Wednesday 2nd April 2008 at 12.44pm.