Sunday, December 02, 2007

THE FOWL ......
(begun sunday 10.45am)
Having failed miserably to maintain my impartiality to the fate of Collin Ballirams three unfortunate dogs, I scrapped the blog I'd begun last Friday and instead went out to party....*grins...
Once again I have proved that imbibing copious amounts of vodka once a year does my health no serious or lasting damage...*hic
I even managed to safely navigate down our 52 stairs at the end of a thoroughly enjoyable evening..*beams...
Memorable moments at the SAPS Braai...hmmm
Manuel Correia casually asking whether I still baked strange cakes for the Station....*falls over...
I do hope he was referring to the occasional topical decoration I used and not the cake content itself? *bwaahaahaa.... (see pics)
To see der Kommissar really enjoying himself and not going ashen-faced when I was nearby was a treat in itself...*grins..
He is clearly over the bout of toadphobia he misguidedly suffered in earlier years....*cackles...
I do recall one fellow in a dark suit who drew attention to himself by remaining stony-faced the entire evening... SAPS or civilian I dont know but he was vaguely familiar.....*shrugs...
The music was great and as always, Mr. Singh and his Asherville team outdid themselves with the catering...*beams...
Gripes? Only two - the lack of paler-skinned party-goers, and the fact that this function is held only once a year...*frowns...
I was out to the shops yesterday morning and again, was astonished at the sheer number of Telkom vehicles everywhere....
I would predict that the nearer Christmas Day draws, the likelier it is that Sherwood in particular, will be Powerless over that period.... *falls over...
Will we break our standing record of 40+ hours of outages over a period of 2 weeks?
That decision remains entirely up to the Golden Tool of the Corrupt...*laughing...
How will he ultimately decide? Standing on his verge after dark with his buddys enjoying a spliff and tossing a coin would be close enough....*beams and applauds Allen Spence yet again for brilliant choices made...
I went solo yesterday afternoon on a hair-raising drive along Bellair road to find the Albert Luthuli Hospital. The amount of sodium based streetlights burning along the route at 2.00pm left me in no doubt as to Herr Doktor Sutcliffe's total lack of commitment to conserving electricity...*shrieks...
'to prevent cable theft' is an over-used, outright lie...*beams... I have stated before and will do so again...that Ragtag teams of contractors sent in to remove the cable deliberately was a ploy often used in the early days of this project.
Take a look at this enlargement of the Mthiyane Contractors working on Bali's streetlight back in 2004 - now tell me that they don't look like a bunch of thieves rather than legitimately employed wekkers...*keels over....
Their vehicle looks to be on its last legs and a scruffier looking bunch you'd be hard-pressed to find...*chokes... How on earth can the public tell the difference between cable thieves and honest wekkers? In those days, the beauty of it was, that you couldn't heh.... *winks at Mike Oliver and his stoic colleagues at the Muni electricity Security Division....still hangin Mike?
Traffic Lights out at the busy SPCA/Bonela/Bellair Road intersection had me white-knuckled for a second, but a demented grin and wave worked wonders....
Once parked on the hospital grounds it is clear that a Rollerskate Rental Company would be welcomed by many of the visitors...*cackles...
I was swept along by the crowds for what seemed like miles - through well lit and sparkling clean corridors. A showpiece Hospital for Natal it most certainly is....*applauds...
The Telkom coven sitting comfortably on chairs under their umbrellas on the corner of Cullingworth and Friesland roads here in Sherwood are doing what exactly?
Both gentlemen appeared to have earphones and to be just listening...Surely NOT!!!?? *falls over laughing..
The switchbox on that very corner is the one that inspired "a Teklum Tecchie", though it appears that particular bit of technology has recently been drastically upgraded.
I was delighted to finally meet Aziz of Telkom Wimax Trialist fame, and as always, his papa was characteristically polite.
The same cannot be said for Missus B who was clearly having a bad day and was less than delighted to see me...*grins and waves to the cherubic Aziz....
Did I tell you that I had offered to take Pepsi and Cola (aka puppy & puppy), back to the SPCA on their due date, to be 'fixed'?
During that same telephone conversation with Missus C, I clearly repeated what the SPCA hospital staff had told me. "if the female is bleeding or pregnant, bring them in straight away'...
Does the fact that Kasims Rent-a-dog, young Spotty, appear to have moved in next door, and is bonking Pepsi repeatedly, not indicate anything at all to the Charming Pair? *shrugs...
I am touched by Kasims brown-nosing efforts in loaning Bali his dog as an integral part of the latest theatrical production...*grins...
My Courageous Captain truly surpassed his capacity for cruelty on Friday night as a huge electrical storm hit the city.
As always, dear Reader, the Truth is not what you seek here at all... you are perfectly content to accept the fuzzy warmth of 'spacious kennel' 'summery weather', and 'company for each other' fed to you by glib salespeople...*grins at Missus C...
I believe were anyone caring for animals truly, to see what my Masters dogs are subjected to deliberately, they would be grossed out and appalled...*vomits...
You have only my word (collapses laughing) and my pictures to verify this accusation...*shrugs... Neither of which can help these sad little beasts...
That the GameWrecker was outraged enough to phone the Master of Heroics after I had left for the party, is an indication of the terror voiced by little Pepsi over and over again....
I cannot believe that none of you have ever had the thought (however fleeting) that Bali is just a tad too eager, too keen and too obsessive in his single-minded attempts to destroy me....*cackles... You'd be crazy to admit it? You run with the pack of cringing curs and have not the guts to forge your own path? *pats the Trollish Twits sympathetically.....
On the one hand you have a completely boring, ancient, tardish toad, who is fairly average in the dysfunctional department... On the other, you have a skilled IT operator who displays a psychotic obsession with control over the weak and stupid..one whose own insecurities cause him to explode with rage when crossed... a jolly combination when you consider the Power he now controls? *grins...
Do I tremble at the horrors that lie ahead? Naaa - I will face them squarely should they arrive, and meanwhile live from hour to hour, drinking in the beauty of this early summers day...*smiles...
It was with great amusement that I read the thread in the Forums Suggestions and Gripes on www.myadsl.co.za.. "Reasons for locking the Who Controls the World Thread"...
I do not venture over to the PD forum but am now tempted. I am unashamed to admit to enjoying Captain Wi-fi's crazed writings, and find a deal of truth amongst his frenzied lateral thinking.
trek-mambo writes very differently, but also makes for interesting reading. My amusement is directed only at the so predictable, narrow-minded and pretentious bombastics that feel the need to immediately ridicule anything they don't believe in...*cackles...
There is a vast difference between polite disagreement and going out of your way to trash a fellow forumites post...*grins... As it is generally speaking, always the same offenders, they show themselves up as dogmatic, amusing buffoons (and I should know!) *hysterical laughter....
Pairing wordskillz with a closed mind is pretty pointless and makes for some nasty rhetoric imo... *grins at the PoisonousRabbit who wouldn't be caught DEAD reading this blog...heh...
It's a warm and windy day here in the Zone.
Theres a new kid on the Block striking terror into many feathered breasts...
As he is nowhere near full-grown, I cannot identify him yet - but he is learning fast and competing happily alongside our resident yellow-billed kites...
Peace....
---oOo---
Sunday 2nd December 2007 at 2.36pm.