Friday, October 12, 2007

IN AN EFFORT TO, MAKE IT CLEAR TO YOU.....
Not an entirely fun-filled day yesterday, but enlightening, yes indeedy.....*grins....
(the chopper thunders along the freeway as I try to get my head together and write..our chopper? I'm just too warm and idle to stand up and look heh..)
I stopped off on the way back from the shops, to drop off the latest CPF Minutes at the Pool Academy.
He wasn't in so I took myself up to the offices above and had a really fascinating chat to a company employee....
It appears there is a Great deal more sh1t going on than we have been told.....*cackles...
I suggested they invest in a digital camera and start taking happy snaps of persistent offenders....
Whoever flogged them their so-called security cameras must be laughing all the way to the bank...*sigh...
In the 20 minutes or so I spent there, I saw at least one carload of youngsters sitting drinking in the Parking lot ON the premises...
so much for beefed up security and bans...pfffttt... and btw, we're talking 11.00am here folks....*shrugs...
So, contrary to what I was told, I now think Barnabas must do a really brisk trade both on AND around the property...ack....
A muni electricity vehicle was stationed across at the pavement digging site by Tropical Nursery in Jan Smuts...
Telkom contractors have been busy there for ages and now we have their bedfellows at the same spot...*winks...
I relented and rang Bev Pillay at Overport Telkom just after 1.00pm. I told her that the dead mulberry tree had taken a nose-dive across their cable down in the valley and she said she would have it attended to... I hung up and walked down the passage in time to see the Captain of Courage sweep into his driveway....
a flying visit as he was gone again within minutes... Switching on his backup gate motor? *laughs.... a Precog he is fosho.....
I was standing up the top at 2.00pm when the chopper came over fairly low and did its lean-over towards Sabeera's house up the way. It then carried on over the convent and off towards...? Sparks Road? St. Anne's?
I went down minutes later to find the power had been cut.
Almost the identical scenario to the afternoon of Friday 5th October at 2.20pm when the chopper came over lower than usual and we lost the power for 2 hours...*cackles...
I rang the Sisters and established that their power had also gone off... I then rang a chap living almost next door to the Convent, in Michan Road, who said his power was ON...*puzzled but highly entertained....
I'm betting Tropical Nursery had a powercut at the same time?
For every say, 500meters that is dug up along the streets and roads, the power has to be cut to do the final tweaks.
This is why we are having, and going to have, powercuts for the forseeable future...*chuckles...
The hugely bright aerial/lights beaming out from the convent Powerhouse and so many of the homes up Wragge, Michan Road way, must certainly eat into supplies....
but I'm guessing from the really odd and mixed bag of locations that are cut, it is more to do with the power being off safely while they join up all the buried cables...ja? *falls over...
You can plainly see how this is damaging both big and small businesses already, and yet I predict it is nothing to the chaos that is coming...*grins...
You and yours will be wired to the maxiumum....*nods... our power was switched back on at 5.15pm.
The PTB had had three hours to frantically get their work done.
Whether it involved physically joining the cables to the power or working only on the vast computerised system, this is the reason behind the powercuts and nothing much else at all.. *cackles...
The local Gazette was delivered as usual and I found der Kommissar had made the front page...*frowns...
My scrambled thoughts on the piece? You're going to love this...
If I am to continue clinging to Johan Stolz (ex Sydenham Station Commander and now apparently brain-dead retiree) remark that Glen Nayager aka der Kommissar is a good cop - I will have to learn to control my nausea at reading such a poorly written journalistic effort....
(bear in mind that I don't get paid for my feeble efforts and presumably the author of that twak does...)
The continued use of the term Rambo when referring to der Kommissar, is demeaning, and implies that he is some sort of thug. ..*shakes it's head... even the term Supercop has become trite and passe....
He is der Kommissar and deserving of the title...*looks at Lazzie...
What were you thinking? A conspiracy? It is clear even to a complete idiot that there are 2 factions up at the Station.
One still dances to the tune of Koobair and Barnabas and the other which could, if it chose, be a true and shining example of the Law....
If der Kommissar has chosen to go with the Good (and how would I know? *shrieks), he will have to do more than just the argyle jumpers....
Dump the tacky Rambo and Supercop twak. Conspiracy Theory = loony and I should know so don't use it... Even the sirenspeak tends to lower the tone...*chuckles...
He was der Kommissar long before he even received the official upgrade. Now let him wear it with pride. Lastly, you might try another journo for his next press release... someone who actually Likes the man?
The sky is a pale, cloudless blue...almost washed out after all the lovely rains.... Peace from the Zone (where the digging never ends...)
---oOo---
Friday 12th October 2007 at 1.14pm.