Wednesday, June 20, 2007


ISN'T IT STRANGE, ISN'T IT WEIRD......
(begun Wednesday at 4.15am)
I'd been sitting out on the verandah, thinking how much I enjoyed last night's CPF Meeting (not the biggie due next week.)
I am treated with such kind tolerance and amusement, which only spurs me on in my role as the Fool...*laughs....
The more I whitter on about wireless and lights, the wider they all smile and applaud my antics as Court Jester... I do have the ability to hear myself, and agree fully, that my speech is easily as crazy as my writing...*grins...
I am aware that where I stand and hold forth after the Meetings, is probably the best acoustic vantage point for those that monitor our every word up on the Hill *beams.... Tis no matter. I have no secrets... (well, except for a tiny one or two....)
I play endlessly to the Gallery, while a part of me stands back in the shadows, shaking its head in disbelief and amusement...*snorts...
Even the 2, most qualified to judge me, have fitted me neatly into the 'Harmlessly Batty' file... Do I mind? Hell No! *shrieks.... It beats the heck out of the 'Dangerously Wicked Old Toad' label that I am given in so many other areas....*beams...
So you see, there is method in my madness..*and falls over...
The glue that holds us together, has suddenly to be in Johannesburg for the next 3 weeks...
in my paranoia, I immediately wonder if it is an engineered ploy....
After all - one of only three chosen to go? Chosen from Durban? Kwazulu as a whole?
She and her sister were amongst the thousands of strikers toyi-toying through the City last week, while her mother sat at home, praying for their safety..
How I would love to have seen the Security Guard's face, as the two girls stepped round him and entered the Royal Hotel, directly after the March....*grins widely....
In their protest regalia, head bands, and no doubt identification showing her as a shop-steward, the guard must have had a really bad moment...*cackles....
Did my detractors hear how even the most outspoken of the 'christians' among us, adore her? It will be fascinating to record what happens in our area while she is away.. Whether the crime situation escalates or remains as good as its been for the past week...*nods its thanks to the boys in blue...
She is a light in the darkness fosho - though she doesn't hear my cries, and never will, I consider it a minor miracle to know her...*beams....
Later: 9.00am...
The green Parks lorry careered down the grass and pulled up over by the gumtrees across the way at 7.55am this morning, to disgorge the wekkers..
The acoustics in the valley are amazing and yet I hear nothing. Whatever they are busy with, its opposite the Recreation Centre on the hill of the parkland, and is not visible to me at all...
I asked Sister Stephens whether she knew what treasure the kids had found down in the stormwater drain yesterday. She said she had no idea, but if they were Convent kids there would have been a care-giver with them... Happily I have a very good picture of the lady in question...herself standing down in the gully... a large woman with thick black-rimmed spectacles and a lime green head covering....*chuckles...
Cyril from No. 16 turned up at the Meeting last night. He looked absolutely wrecked, and when I spoke to him afterwards, he said he had the flu.
As he didn't appear to be clogged or coughing and spluttering, I have to guess its a different strain to the standard flu.
I should've asked him whether dizziness and cramps in the legs were symptoms, but didn't....
the GameWrecker complained of extreme dizziness both yesterday morning and today in spite of being on the pills prescribed by his GP.
The same GP who was honest enough to say he didn't have a clue what was causing it, and had had other patients recently with the same problem...*shrugs...
The ballsy Shakoor turned up at the Meeting a little late and left smartly afterwards....*laughs..
He has more guts than many of you, and I think will eventually realise that I have no desire to discuss the WiFi Network with him at all... a laugh is all I'm after and thats a fact...
Anyone had a chance to drive past St. Philomena's and St. Thomas' Home in Sydenham? I am fairly certain they will both be as fully rigged up as St. Theresa's....
Surely St. T's church tower must be using WiMax if it is bouncing as far as the Howard College Tower?
Oh sure, I haven't a clue about the techno side of this stunning/cunning plan, only what I see and hear....
But I'm betting that the church tower aerial/light could send signals right over to Ridge Road, unobstructed, so why not to Howard College as well?
When I got home after the Meeting there was a whole array of different, huge machines, working flat out on the Freeway Bridge...
The GameWrecker went up to chain the gates and I followed, pointing out the aerial/light active above the 3 neon lit floors of offices in the Howard College tower. I told him that single 'light' is only on when the chopper is aloft and, as if to prove my point, the little bird suddenly appeared from nowhere, heading south...*laughs...
Later: 10.00am
At last I hear a few desultory sounds of chopping and cutting from the Parks wekkers....*beams
Some entertainment for the children is in progress over on the Playing field. My Master's Courser bakkie is parked at the bottom of the drive, but this certainly doesnt mean that he is in residence...*cackles....
I would guess that at this point he is resorting to scraping the very bottom of the barrel, to find material for the Truman Show...*grins...
The photos taken of the large old woman, barely covered by a pink bath towel, must have surely lost their thrill value by now...*chuckles....
May I suggest that he has peaked, and that it's all downhill in that area from now on?
The ratings have evened out somewhat?
That there are some now, as interested in his shady dealings as they may once have been in my obvious stupidity?
That his repeated cries of Liar, Liar have worn thin and are hollow-sounding? *pats the Courageous One gently.... Get over it Collin dear.... you will always and forever be a Prince to Koobair, Barnabus and the Rotten Apples...*cackles....
I was to have given the house plans to Sue the Book yesterday morning, as she has still to sign consent. So I had hung around early, waiting for Sue..when Missus C called on my cell to say no - I must rather give them back to her right away as the architect wished to see them.... Sue could sign some other time... a glytch?
I passed them back as requested, and now wonder what changes will be made to plans the GameWrecker has already signed...*laughs...
After all, I only have her word that there will be no windows installed overlooking our property and no lights or spotlights either...*winks...
The amount and size of the additions are practically equal to building a small house and double garage from scratch.... the Cracker industry is a lucrative one indeed...
They most certainly qualify for Super Tax by now...- Oh hang on, no..... he wont be paying a penny in taxes as HE is the one set to catch tax defaulters!....*keels over laughing....
The matter of Adrian Kingsley was raised at the Meeting and remains, yet again, unresolved... to quote our Vice-Chair..."he is very protected by his family" *koffs.... how weird is this???
Is the young man guilty or not? DNA tests? Just a thought...
Later: 11.30am.
The entertainment on the Playing field ? Judging from the banners and whistles and applause, I would guess a soccer match is underway.
A PA system and some foot-tapping African music makes a happy change for the bored pupils....Headsup to whoever organised it....*smiles...
Enough...
---oOo---
Wednesday 20th June 2007 at 1.14pm