Thursday, June 07, 2007

FLOATING ON A TIDAL WAVE....
(Begun Wednesday 6th June)
I went out to refill the bird feeder at the same time as a young man appeared at the gap in the wall over on the Playing field. He was dragging a large beige coloured sack with handles and was about to tip the contents down the bank into the valley (to join the ever growing pile of refuse there already).
When he saw me watching....true to form, he casually laid the bag handles down and unzipped himself. Eh these guys know me well! I was off and after the camera in a trice! A Kodak moment! Pffft NOT... He was gone like the wind as I sped back out onto the lawn hoping for a typical Zone special...*sigh...
Every raker of leaves, every GateKeeper etc, would have to be vetted by the driver of the flashy 4 x 4 truck right?
The so-called Head of Security at the orphanage?
You do yourself proud Sir. a skuzzier bunch would be hard to find...the three youths that made their uninvited visit to my home about 3 weeks ago? Would be your employees or their offspring right? *laughs...
I'm all out of trite platitudes here, the more these guys are encouraged and rewarded to flout the laws, be they big or small laws, the faster this country spirals into darkness...
Ironic ja - as electricity is poured into setting up this Nationwide project...
Suburbs blaze with so many unusual and new lights, while other are enduring blackouts. Eskom and the Munis hand out baskets of red herrings, serving to deliberately confuse the ratepayers...
Where are the billions coming from to fund this Project? 3 Heists per day for 300 years would not net even close to what is being spent at the moment. The returns anticipated must be staggering... information worth a fortune indeed ? *beams...
The Press is already on about the Tax Man catching tax evaders but thats like small potatos is it not?
The GameWrecker has remarked twice this week that he is dizzy... in spite of his large size, his blood pressure is consistently perfect...His ears? Hopefully not a similar pressure to that which Basil, Sue, Penny and myself are subjected to? Interesting and not something he has ever remarked on before... I'll keep you posted....*smiles..
Later: Wednesday at 9.30pm
A fair amount of noise coming from the Freeway so I went up at about 9.15pm and looked out of the garage window. Much busyness but alas, behind the ficus trees. It all looks so furtive, I kid you not...
The Howard College aerial is activated and 2 tiny aircraft sailed down the horizon as I watched. One a few minutes behind the other.. Were they choppers? Not a clue - though its up there somewhere for sure....*grins...
The deep orange light over at the Senior Boys Hostel (the one shining Directly at our house), suddenly walked off up the Park as I watched. Entertainment for my benefit and much appreciated...*cackles...
It bobbed about while the GateKeeper's dog voiced its misery. Eventually he put the light back in position on the wall?
Why did the dog get so upset? A big orange Port-a-Light was all it was? Hmm....
Later still:
Its just after 10.00pm and I'd switched off the bedside light when the roaring sound began...
I've blogged it before as a puzzling solid roar far in the distance..
Tonight? Its right here on the Freeway where the workers lurk behind the trees.... WTF is it that makes a noise that carries so far? Some huge machine? I don't care for it at all...
*puts its earplugs in and goes back off to sleep.....
Thursday 7th at 4.00am:
A busy night whew! I lost count of the times the GameWrecker leapt out of bed with the cramps. Each time it happened, I woke as well, to find my hand on fire....Either an amazing coincidence or a legacy from the Data Theft Tests.. let me see now....ummm *laughs...
I had thought the big orange light aimed at us, to be the one on the actual wall of the Senior Boys Hostel (see pic). An effort was made last night to change my thinking. Too many trees blocking Direct Line of Sight? Easier to hook a Port-o-Light on the wall facing us? Interesting....
After hearing the distress of the GateKeepers dog, I am going to stick my neck out and say female canines in season? Utter bollox!
The neighbourhood dogs, for some reason, do NOT like the orange lights or the cricket chorus when it faces them....
Captain Courageous has so far declined to allow me to post an updated portrait on my blog... It may quite possibly be an error on my part and I shall keep trying.
Later at 5.45am:
The BushWacking GateKeeper has the Port-o-Light slung over the wall below the Recreation Centre at 5.00am today. Clive next door left his outside front door light on and how orange it is!
*winks at the Telkom droog who recently visited the property....
I trundled up just after 5.00am to clean the ghekko kak off my car, and found Bert doing guard duty on his verandah.
I've taken to flashing my penlight torch at him, before coming down, and so far had no response...
This morning, I flashed and whistled quietly and BINGO! I got a wave...*beams...
We may well bat for different sides, but I think we should get along nonetheless....
Not a concept Captain Courageous could ever grasp, genius though he may be... Can he not see, that as he does his job, so I merely do mine? *shrugs....
It amuses me no end that he will still be earnestly insisting that every word I utter is pure prevarication....*chuckles...
I've written sufficient here that can be verified by anyone remotely interested...
The so-called Highly Technical Computerised Anti-Theft devices installed in the Crescent in 2004 by the Project Manager, Allen Spence...
Track down the pleasant Chris Gower, one time Manager at Ethekwini Electricity Dept. (Security Division). I was told he had left due to illness but how difficult can that be to verify?
*laughs.... He was a Novice Player at this Game and made a glaring error in the early stages *falls over laughing....
"So there is nothing illegal attached to those streetlight poles Allen"? Fosho!!!! *collapses laughing....
Indeed, Mr. Spence insisted his project was to prevent further cable theft, though in 30 odd years, our section had Never lost any cable...*shrugs and checks the red-eyed one's nose...
Later: While out on my shopping rounds this morning another unexpected bonus...
I pulled out of the Village Market in Westville to find a Telkom Bakkie parked at the corner of Westville Boys Playing Field on Jan Hofmyer Road. Its 2 occupants were manfully struggling to access something on the pavement... I pulled in a bit ahead and managed to get a couple of really good pictures...*shrieks with laughter...
It was another of the 'marked' bakkies, red ties and all...though a very different number plate...
The female droog looked so like the one that went up in the cherry -picker to change the red light sensor for a standard yellow one on Bali's streetlight pole...(see pics).The guy she was with? Darn but he looked awfully like Theunis? from Telkom Overport.... naa, it couldnt be, not in Westville surely? There are so many shaven headed droogs in Telkom its hard to tell heheh...
Anyways, I climbed back into the car and left cackling....
Turned into Garbutt Road off Locksley on the way home, to find an enormous pouring out of water running right down the road fast, to the Hall. It was quite clearly coming from The Gatehouse. That would be the first house on your right as you enter Garbutt.
Now I have to wonder who owns that property... seek and ye shall find......
Further down in Harris Crescent, No. 64 was running true to form with their massive contribution to water wastage...
What would happen if water supplies reached a critical level and restrictions had to be instituted?
An interesting concept? Would we all begin to glow in the dark? JK....
And last - I find it just curious enough to jot down here. Sitting on my bed at about 3.15pm earlier, and suddenly a terrific ache in my teeth... I got up and found that mon Capitano's Courser was parked in his driveway... it would be really stretching it to say tis mere psychosomatic symptoms heheh..
So WTF is it that he enables/activates that causes such a reaction? The weirdness continues.... *cackles...
---oOo---
Thursday 7th June 2007 at 4.36pm