Tuesday, May 08, 2007

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY.....(begun Monday 7th May)
A clear, starry, very noisy night. I eventually went up at 4.00am and almost immediately the Induna started to shout orders and hustle up the straggling workers on the Freeway. My, they are a shy bunch....*beams... if i'd gone up an hour earlier, would they have scattered AS quickly? Or is it just that 4.00am is clock-off time?
The neat little GateKeeper hops into the kitchen and then back across the foyer into the Operations Room...
Whatever these guys are getting paid, it has to be really good. Frankly, I cannot see any of them giving a toss about 'making history' or 'for the glory of the country' BS...*cackles....
I would guess that the Convent GateKeepers' lives are ruled by their cellphones and they are expected to jump 24/7...*grins...
I forgot to mention that while Captain Courageous was off for the day on Saturday (no doubt running in his new jet-ski), I cleared back some shrubs on our wall line for a better view of the box in his patio. *laughing....
My activities were of course monitored as expected and as reported, the box disappeared from view overnight... Liar? Do I hear liar? May I repeat - anything I say here that I find was incorrect, I rectify a s a p.
Sure, there have to be dozens of errors.... I was driven to paranoia and now wear the title comfortably... Nonetheless, I have no need to deliberately invent scenarios as do the Corrupt *heaves with laughter....
Now Tuesday 8th May:
An enormous bang over on the Freeway this morning gave me an unexpected bonus. I was up looking out of the garage window by 3.30am to find, not a dreadful motor accident, but the convoy of customised vehicles adjusting the new freeway technology. An enchanting sight as always and this time I managed to get some decent pictures * smiles...
I have yet to capture the most beautiful of them all but didnt see it this morning... They are clearly racing against time to meet deadlines and were still hard at it well after 4.00am for a change.
So much for thinking they were shy heheh.......
I even managed to get a picture showing the orange port-a-light slung over a wall below the Recreation Centre. About 5 minutes before somebody turned it off *applauds.... (wonders about the extra waves of heat in the room these nights that affect both the GW and myself, about the weird cramps that come and go....)
We had our first CPF Meeting last night after a long break due to a spate of public holidays.
Captain Chule had been dragooned into attending. Our official liaison officer, the cute Captain Bhopal was otherwise occupied?
It is no doubt of great amusement to the Rotten Apples to use Captain Chule to fulfill their official obligations to attend?
His command of the English language is about as good as my command of Xhosa making it a huge struggle both ways to communicate. Anything for a laugh hey guys? *grins...
I for one, appreciate the fact that he attends in spite of the problems.
The matter of the 13 year old cat burglar Foco was again discussed. Our Vice-Chair had been informed that the youngster would have to return to Durban should his case ever reach the courts *winks.... as I was saying.......
Once again, the alleged child-rapist Adrian Kingsley came under scrutiny. We were informed that the original charge against him had been made at the Mayville Police Station and that this was the cause of the delay in the matter reaching the Courts... *beams...
The waters at this point became muddied to the point where I was tempted to fall rolling and choking on the floor with laughter..
VERY clumsily done indeed... There is no reason on earth why the mother of the victim (a resident of Sydenham Heights) would go all the way over to the Mayville SAPS to lay a charge when she lives but a stone's throw from Sydenham Station...
Unless of course she had been turned away on her first attempt?
Whatever - I guess there is a chance that if the Docket is missing it may well be in my cake box with the blood samples that vanished?..*cackles...
And finally - a new technology on loan to our Station has provided much entertainment apparently. The correct name escapes me but a suspect places his fingers on a machine and his prints are fed into a data base which swiftly ascertains whether he is already wanted for other crimes. Neat.
der Kommissar advised the GOCOC that this gadget would cost upward of R20k to purchase and that we may well have to resort to fund raising to acquire one.
I am astonished to be frank - the money that is currently available to our Sydenham SAPS in particular, would certainly not miss a paltry R20ks for such a vital piece of equipment?
*toad looks at the stunning hi-tech cars, the chopper and the fuel costs of keeping that baby aloft practically every day for hours at a stretch and wonders at the priorities here....?
I was delighted to see (a fragile looking) Carol after her long absence and went and told her so after the Meeting. She murmured in my ear 'don't be false', I believe... to which I really have to smile....
I sent her a text when I got home reminding her not to confuse the Game with the Real World... I WAS pleased to see her and really like her though my moves made in the Game and the Search for the Truth appear to have wounded her somewhat...
I doubt this was my intention. As I am now a product of the over-attentions of the Crooked, my resulting armour makes it hard to judge whether my scribbles have any impact at all. Only mon Capitano is prepared to retaliate with palpable rage at perceived slights... and his attacks in the main, are cowardly and purile...
After all the years of unwitting entertainment I have provided for the Druglord, his consort and their spawn, it certainly took very little for her to cry foul....*shakes its head....
Captain Courageous had the surveyors in yesterday and is clearly going up in the world...heh... Reasons? Better Line of Sight to the Convent and Michan Road area would certainly be one reason... Missus Courageous mentioned ages ago that they were planning this change and I fully intend getting a third album out of the entire enterprise...good stuff...
At lunchtime today much clanking down in the valley and to my utter delight, I found a Beast employee up Freddie's 'telephone' pole... I got some stunning pictures as he took off the white monitoring box and either swopped it for another or made adjustments to the original before returning it to the pole.
Some 10 minutes later, I went up the top to the road to find the Telkom bakkie was now visiting Fred's property... so got pics of that as well.....shweet!...
The computer tucked away in the Captains patio may have been hidden but I hear it faintly and busily ticking away in the early hours. I have a perfect view of his pool and no sign of the Kreepy Krawley working so computer it is for sure....
Both the GameWrecker and I are still not 100% *do I hear applause? Since the blackout last week, the nausea and taste of iron filings in my mouth is with me constantly and I for one do not anticipate a full recovery anytime soon...*smiles...
I shall continue to drink the tapwater as always, whether contaminated or not - and report the results here....
Peace....
---oOo---
Tuesday 8th May 2007 at 6.00pm