Thursday, May 10, 2007

FEEL THE HEAT.....
When I walked Sophie at bedtime last night the lights over at the Ablution Block area were quite amazing...seemed to be at least 4 at their brightest...
quite a change this morning when I only managed to see one tiny pinpoint light in that direction.
A while later, I was getting the car out at about 8.30am to head off to the shops when I glanced up, as I now do, to see if Bert needed a wave... he didn't, but nonetheless a grand Kodak moment presented itself and I quickly hauled the camera out and took a picture....
Tell me now O Courageous One, is there a Special on? The blind in the bedroom window of your house that I eventually shrugged off as a standard bamboo coloured drop?
How strange that the morning after Bert has had his garden so radically cleared, HIS front bedroom window now sports an identical, biscuit/bamboo coloured blind???
In the ongoing spirit of 'lets wind up the old toad', it could well have been put there deliberately... alternatively Bert's short-term memory is taking strain from the EMF and he simply forgot to take it down in time?
Either way, I had a print made and laid it next to the one of mon Capitan's window and BINGO!!! identical material....
So - I have to ask..... an enhancer or some sort of protective material said to absorb EMF safely? WTF?
If the latter, do Mo and Freddie sport similar 'blinds' on pertinent windows? Was there a possibility that Sue, Basil, Clive and ourselves would be offered this material at some stage? Or do we all fall under the expendible column? Interesting indeed....
The radiantly bright orange light activated hmm.. on the roof of the house next door to 72 Michan Road? I've only ever seen it on once before and a beauty it is ....
Anyways.... off I went to the shops and had some stunning pictures printed... The Telkom dude with the box off the pole came out particularly well as did his bakkie... you know, the one with the red streamers tied on it as markers ? (haha)
I persuaded the kind young man to put my picture here on my blog. Its at least 4 or 5 years old and pretty scary but until I can get the darned camera to lie, it will have to do...
I finished my shopping and stopped at the Assessment Centre to speak to Alexis.. I fear that his sons will be targeted by the Crooked as he too is a Good Citizen (read: nuisance)
We chatted a while standing under the trees in the little park across from the Treasurer's house as cars went up and down the Crescent, some eyeing us curiously.
I asked him to walk with me a little further into the Park as I wanted a picture of the gaily coloured Water Dept. marker I could see at a distance. As we cleared the corner of Mr. Essay's valley boundary wall we stopped to find a body covered totally by a blanket lying under the trees.
Alexis woke him and they spoke. A young man who had come in from Ndwedwe to try and earn a living and had done OK with odd jobs for a while till his luck ran out.
We gave him some money for food and he trudged off... one of thousands forgotten by the Greedy and Corrupt...*spits....
A huge wind sprang up at midday and for a while I feared the avo tree was coming down.
At 2.15pm suddenly Sophie rushed out the front and went bananas. I followed out onto the verandah and Flo behind me... I was laughing and said to Flo that a small branch falling had upset the dog, when Sophie turned round and faced UP the side path by the lounge with renewed barking..
As I turned to see what had set her off I saw 3 young adult guys, one doubled down below the lounge windows and the other 2 close behind him... all well-dressed and clean shaven...
Of course the rage that simmers just below exploded and I roared as I turned and got my little gun in time to see all 3 go straight up and over the 8foot wall and into the valley...*sigh...
Frighteners or the real McCoy??? I will repeat here until I am blue in the face that Not a leaf drops that isn't monitored, especially on this property.
So - which particular irritation earned me this charming visit ?
Could it have been my chat with Alexis in the Park? The 3 visitors were certainly affluent enough to carry cellphones and respond to orders....
If Sophie hadn't smelled/heard them, what exactly had they been instructed to do?
I recall vividly, the 4 separate 'visitors' we were treated to over a period of 2 short months when a Security company was doing a drive in the area so..... *rolls it's eyes....
It does, I must say, seem rather over the top to send three guys after 2 old ladies? A point was being made?
Hmm... I think that from the time I was allowed to publish this blog, I have made it clear that I am totally aware of the control exercised over the residents of Sherwood. Yes, to the point of life and death.... Melodramatic?
No - a realist... when my clowning begins to pall and the Corrupt no longer find my pathetic scrambling amusing there has to be fall-out. Today's demonstration is a mere soupcon of what CAN happen.....
Certainly were something drastic to happen to me here, it would be easily shrugged off as just another statistic and no compensation for Basil, Sue and Penny EVER...neato...
I sent a text with the details of the intrusion to our staunch Vice-Chair and the same text to der Kommissar who has in the past conceded that he receives them though never replies....good enough for me....*beams..
Now moving on...- a word about my outing last night? I bummed a ride with our CPF Patrol guys.... Smiley, Shah, Neil and our Chairman....
Smiley takes the patrols Very seriously and after they picked me up (about 7.30pm), we were driving past the little park up the road when he suddenly swung in and pinned a young man in his headlights.... Guess who? *smiles...
Course, none of the guys know him by sight so I called out "Hello Adrian" and his relief was quite visible.... Whether he was there in the dark by choice or had also received orders earlier in the day to stay there in the park I will never know...
our guys were very pleasant to him though as we drove off Shah was insistant that we report the matter to the SAPS.
Needless to say we discussed it and decided against it as der Kommissar had made it very plain via our Vice-Chair that his hands were tied...so pointless calling a bakkie out...
All in all I really enjoyed being driven around at night. For one so besotted with lights I feasted endlessly on the beauty around... once again I'm fairly sure it was a one-off and a kind gesture to 'get the old lady out of the house for a bit'...*laughing...
Much appreciated guys....
Asking Captain Courageous whether he was aware of plans to send intruders to our house would prove fruiteless....
if he so much as suspected we were going to get 'sorted', he would as in the past, make sure he was safely locked in his house with the air-con going full bore to drown out any unpleasant sounds...*shakes its head....
and still I am fond of him - nothing has changed....weirdness....
PS. A most excellent picture of our Kommissar and Captain Lazarus (I dont know the other guys) in today's Weekly Gazette Page 6....*feels a cake coming on.......
---oOo---
Thursday 10th May 2007 at 6.04pm.