Friday, March 30, 2007


THE INSIGNIFICANCE OF TOADS......
I stood out on the verandah just before 4.00am this morning and listened once again to the strange, distant roaring sound. In previous blogs I had said it had come from the North East (the direction of Natal Command), but it has subsequently moved and is now coming from the Brickfield Road direction...
As I waited, the chopper flew overhead, thoughtfully, somewhat higher than usual... 2 perfect lights shone underneath it - one red and one green and the standard white light. As it moved South, the 2 coloured lights disappeared... it must of circled round, as it came back over Sydenham some 10 minutes later.
An hour later I went up to unchain the top gate and the background roar was still steady despite the start of traffic on the freeway. (And in fact clearly audible right up until 7.00am!)I managed to persuade the GameWrecker out on to the porch to listen and he described it as the sound of a jet flying...hmmm...
The limping GateKeeper dawdled in the foyer of the orphanage and then disappeared into the Ops. room across from the kitchen. An orange light glowed from the Recreation Centre windows...
It was inexplicably warm both in and out of the house early this morning. This in spite of 4 or 5 days of rain and cloudy skies. I often wonder whether the rise in temperature could be attributed to the EMF levels in the valley - but of course that would be categorised as paranoia heh....
The 2 big orange lights stuck on the upper story of the Senior Boys Hostel (as clumsily drawn using Paint for My Master the other day) have not been activated since I revealed that I have an enlargement of them in my album...*snorts... now why would that be?
As I sat writing in the lounge at 5.30am, our doorbell at the top gave a half-hearted chime.... a slip of the finger there mon Capitan? Sophie merely got off the pouffe and then straight back on and settled down back to sleep. Even she has learned to ignore the strange goings-on *chuckles...
How I grumbled that the graffiti Adrian Kingsley did on our boundary wall was an illegible mess.
Of course it isnt at all..... slow as ever I've studied the pictures I took since and like magic, they suddenly swam into focus....
Just as Sister Stephens said, he is very good and I regret that I did not pass him the several spraypaint cans I have lying about so that he could finish the job properly.
The main focal 'word' is still unrecognizable but possibly if I show it to S, she will see it immediately...
Shakoor up at No. 72 Harris Crescent has his entire lower wall covered with excellent graffiti and it was mentioned that he paid someone to do it. I'm betting that someone was Adrian heh... a long shot? No - he lives in the area and the style is very similar to the outlines begun on our wall so.....
The Secretary's suggestion that Carol be 'outed' is of course nonsense. It would make no difference to the running of the corrupt 'Organisation', so what would be the point? With the audio/wireless now operational at the Sherwood Hall and in the small back room used for our CPF Meetings, neither her presence nor that of the staunch young Captain Bhopal (aka Ghopal) are required.
However, I've noticed that many of our gentlemen members, yes, even the few that are aware of her *koffs...status in the area, enjoy her presence at our Meetings... *keels over laughing at memories of the Shoe Ladies' Gang...
How does the Captor of Toads explain to all the Brains of Giant Proportions what it is this insignificant old fart carries on about?
Does he loudly sneer at her repeated assertions of organised crime and protected Drug Lords and his very close involvement with these PuppetMasters?
It must surely be a most complicated cover story of epic proportions by now *beams at Bali.....
I, on the other hand, have stuck to the same story from day one...corruption right up to Government level....
On a personal note, the past 8 years (since the installation of Captain Courageous and his so charming missus, next door), have changed me from a whining, whinging self-loathing wimp to a toad that at least once a day, considers herself to be fortunate and blessed..... *beams....
To have been given the eyesight and the hearing to see these new techno-wonders and to be able to truly embrace both the good and the bad that are involved in all of this.....
Now, as I was saying - there is the matter of compensation owed to Basil, Sue and Penny.... forego your time-share in Goa (or equivalent baksheesh) this year and start a fund... amaze me and do the right thing....
*ends on a note that is sure to make the truly corrupt among you, laugh....
PS: 11.00am I had a query to run by our pseudo- server, tradepage in Pinetown, and discovered that alas, the charming young Cal has recently left this dodgy company. So I settled for Chickenman aka Bruce Poole to find unsurprisingly, I was left hanging on until I finally gave up and hung up heheh.... Swift instructions from my Captain on his cell no doubt... Bruce had to dash to the loo and lock himself in? *falls over laughing....
eh - its all so very efficient and yet, rank-smelling.....
---oOo---
Friday 30th March 2007 at 11.31am