Monday, December 25, 2006

GIVE ME JUST A MINUTE AN I'LL TELL YOU WHY.....
Ok - so I gave me a Noddy Badge for Christmas this morning... I darn well earned it. I know I shall never see the woods again, for the linksys that abound, but who cares?
Tis due to climb to a stinking 40 degrees humidity later and the GameWrecker and I plan to introduce Sophie the Dumpling to the joys of braaing for lunch.
I can almost intercept the whispers that fill Captain Courageous' ears... "wait! wait! Your turn will come when she least expects it..." *koffs.... No dear boy - I know you too well to feel safe at any given time.. You may well say aloud that you have deactivated our monitors for all I know. But in reality, the lights on your streetpole pointed directly at our house, shine as brightly as ever and it is not a guess, but fact, that the audio monitoring in our house continues unabated. So - I shall carry on as before and give you only that which I want you to hear heheh....
Missus Courageous was looking pinched this morning when I finally managed to persuade her (*laffin) to come out and take the little gifts and the cake I made for Bali with such devotion.
I remind you here Bali, once again, to cherish that girl and to recognize that she goes to the wall for you - when next you feel like throwing your toys out the cot.
Yes, I am being allowed to play trivia and people are being pleasant. That of course could change in an instant and I shall simply enjoy it while I can.
The neat little camera the GameWrecker surprised me with this morning will I hope, aid me in my quest to monitor the amount of corruption going down here in Sherwood. (if, of course, I can ever master finding the ON switch).
And no, it will not be connected to the PC which you Bali, consider Your domain. The simple ability to publish my own pictures on this blog has been removed so why would I risk plugging in my new toy?
A river of water running down the road steadily this morning below Stokes at No. 17. Ameenas garden sprinkler system not easing the pressure sufficiently? The enormous amount of water her tiny square of front garden uses every day has a run-off which almost reaches the drain outside the Blind Home. A tad obvious dont you think? Does the Muni attend to her Water Bill?
I dutifully reported the new leak but the 2 guys who turned up promptly didnt look concerned at all and are probably in the know as they say...heh...
Later: I just built the mother of all fires using the Concrete rings that you buy at any Nursery or Garden Centre. Put a wire grid on top of some stones arranged in a circle, just high enough to allow air to circulate underneath - then put a couple of concrete rings on top of that. Build your fire with briquettes, light it and balance 3 more rings on the top. It make a potent chimney to cook on ....
The GameWrecker today aka The Chef Who Cares, thoroughly enjoyed himself cooking the meat. As the fire dies down you just remove some of the rings and voila - braaing made easy.
I sat with my double vodka and Sophie all agog beside me and enjoyed being waited on....
and so I wish you all a wonderful day and peace and safety in the New Year.....
---oOo---
Christmas Day December 25th, 2006 at 3.54pm