Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Groping in the dark...
(begun Tuesday 6th August at 11.55pm..)


Don't ask...
They'd just kept coming, and were probably the biggest troop of vervets ever to venture this far down the Crescent all together... Luckily, I'd had plenty of bread and fruit handy, and had managed to persuade them to come on down to the valley boundary wall, where I'd tossed their grub over, away from the hysterically excited little dogs..
There were still a few straggler's around at 10.15am, when the two youngsters had arrived and posed for my benefit.. One of them was in school uniform of long greys and a short-sleeved shirt, and the other in jeans and a white T, and he was ostentatiously carrying a smart-looking air rifle...

That weapon had made him sufficiently bold to hang around while I fetched the Panasonic and got THESE two pictures... Not bad considering, and even though he'd carefully avoided turning around to face me, I figure his own mother would recognize him, and hopefully be suitably shamed...
Do YOU have a kid of around 16 or 17, slight build, who's either dropped out of school, or was bunking yesterday?  Do you live nearby in Grindrod, or even Raftery, and think it's a fine idea for your son to go hunting monkeys with an airgun?  Shameful indeed...
I suspect he's one of the more youthful recruits to the Yellow Army, as he probably prefers staying home playing computer games to attending school anyway, and his parents would've signed him on to the Project with some relief...

As such, my Controller might have had a handy contact number for the young layabout, and he may well have given him a quick call to get him to stroll along the valley and let himself be seen with that gun....
If you think for one minute that I'm kidding, then you must be relatively new to these pages, and should pay more attention... I'd called out to thank him for the photos, and had forgotten about them after that.. Pathetic...
Surround myself with love and positive thoughts and all this nastiness will simply vanish?  Are you serious? *chokes...

The GameWrecker had finally hobbled painfully down the stairs at dusk, to show me what the pump-jockey had found nestling in the dip between the windscreen and the wipers..  I've taken a picture of it, and will show it to you if and when I can, if my Administrator doesn't make it disappear beforehand...
Like a screwdriver, but with a tilted-up flat head, and I've not seen one before.. A special tool designed to flip out a windscreen, perhaps?   That's exactly what it looks like, and would explain that 6inch crack that appeared on the Polo's windscreen early on Sunday morning...
My old man, in his naivete, was baffled, and had said that as the inside of the car was clearly empty of everything, and the cubby was open as well, why would anyone be trying to pry off the bloody windscreen...

It's called mischief, is it not, Agent Balliram?  The more expensive the mischief, the better?  The wheels of this bus go round slower than most, and only later this evening did I recall the GW saying he must replace the motion sensor lights up on the front of our garage.. That had been a few weeks back, and with his recent nose-dive, he'd forgotten all about it.. Those two lamps have been spiked repeatedly to the point where they now only stay on for less than a minute, as soon as you move a few feet away...
Could it be that Agent Balliram now finds he needs them?  That this latest criminal behaviour was meant to hustle the old man into replacing those bulbs?  This entire sick operation is all about control, and how these vicious goondaboys can have their labrats scurrying about doing their bidding, by fair means or foul...

You're on the Smart City Grid, and your youngsters have been using the computerised laser program for some time, but their Tutor is a lad you've known for years, and as honest as they come?   Sweetjayzuss, are you serious? You've sunk so low as to believe invading your neighbour's privacy has one shred of honesty about it?  Your Pastor is promoting it as a miracle of modern science and besides, it will keep your rudderless children off the streets?
Have you ever sat down with your grown kids and insisted they tell you exactly what it is they get up to, when they join their Tutor out on the airwaves?  Don't waste your time asking, for they won't tell you the truth, no matter what you do..  They'll have been told repeatedly that their parents wouldn't understand the necessity for some of their behaviour, and to keep mum on the matter...

Have you ever bothered to look up the difference between a hacker and a cracker?  The first rite of passage required to join the Experiment will be for you or your kid to learn to hack into your neighbour's system and just sit there, checking out their private documents and mails...
Achieve that, and you've formed a link in the chain that's vital to enable your Area Controller to hop along from house to house to the residence he's targeting.. But that's not enough, is it guys?
No - To help your pupils alleviate the sometimes boring hours they spend when their targets are inactive, you'll teach them a few of the cracker's tricks of the trade...  How to delete or corrupt files from the sucker's computer, or, if it's left on, how to spike the motherboard to melt-down point, or kill the mouse...

This sort of behaviour is isolated to our area, and to the thugs in charge on this stretch? Not bloody likely.. Do you actually see what's happening here?  If it's not you, it'll be your kids that are being actively taught and encouraged to practise criminal behaviour...  Desensitised as you've been forced to become, and compared to the murders, rapes, and hijackings that are the order of the day, invading your neighbour's privacy, and deliberately damaging their assets, will come to be regarded as an amusing, if addictive pastime...
There goes the old bat again?
Droning on and on about something it's way too late to stop?  I've not got a leg to stand on, and my own morals are dodgy to say the least.? Sure they are, but I don't go around damaging people's property, and bouncing invisibly into their homes over their powerlines to cause them all manner of health problems.. I don't steal their most intimate moments and record them, that they may be distributed about the neighbourhood at will..

Bang, bang, bang, goes my fat old head against the brick wall.. I'm going back to bed in the hopes that the peurile invaders have moved on to some other unfortunate victim's home, for a while at least..

LATER at 7.05am

Had the cowards fled at my muttered curses?  Nope, and hopefully you'll have a fair idea of who it was out on the airwaves on our stretch, after 1am this morning... Am I in a position to label them a sick bunch of perverts, when I clearly have my own issues?  Is there an escape route staring me in the face, and I just don't see it, or more to the point, I choose not to see it?

LATER at 8.10am

It'll take at least another dozen sessions under close instruction from the old man, before I master the use of his Samsung washing machine, and I still fail to see how such a device can be touted as labour-saving, compared to my old faithful twin-tub...
Up until the indomitable Agent Balliram began focusing his beady eye on my trusty appliance, and spiking it to death, I could start the wash and be finished within the hour...  With this new miracle of modern science however, I'm constantly poised to listen out for a bleep or a chirrup to tell me it needs my attention again.. *grumbles....

Were it up to you, would you have granted us amnesty from being abused as Practise Centres for the computerised laser program Cadets, or was there never a hope in hell that Michael Barnabas would back down and release these three homes, even after eight years of relentless abuse?
You'd like to hook up with me and chat about that possibility?  I religiously delete the friendly-appearing requests I receive in gmail from those heavily invested in the Experiment, simply as a precaution...
If you're bound and determined to speak with me, feel free to Inbox me on Facebook, or even openly on my wall....
Under the circumstances, you'll understand that I'm a great fan of transparency in all matters, including your possible professed friendship..
Peace...

---oOo---

Wednesday 7th August 2013 at 9.47am.