Saturday, June 01, 2013

Bitter pill..
(begun Thursday 30th May at 5.30am..)


I'd woken at some point in the early hours of yesterday morning to hear Rocky going nuts nearby.. So close in fact, that he must have been in the front corner of their yard where he looks down onto our property..  My two animals hadn't stirred on my bed, which is remarkable when you consider they'll take any and every opportunity to join in, be it day or night... May I guess?  Someone was sidling along on our side of the precast wall, to ensure the evidence left by the disintegrated toilet paper around the palm trees had been washed away by all the additional rain?    Someone who'd inadvertently set the big dog off so noisily?
Damn right, and it will have been Balliram who saw to it that our two slept through this latest clandestine visit...
I tell myself sternly that next time I hear that large animal letting rip nearby, I must move my fat ass and take the portable spotlight out there quick sharp, but chances are I'll be too snug and cozy to move, as I was yesterday...

LATER at 6.18am

Having a problem finding me on Facebook?  You end up on a cloned page with no Photo Albums to view at all?   If googling The Rise of the Yellow Army or Not For the Faint-hearted doesn't find me, try going over to Brad Nathanson's Pet Investigations page, where I comment frequently, and click on the Jane Lovejoy there... Already I see that I was born in Investigator247's home town of Romford in the UK, and that I was schooled at Kloof Girls High.  Rubbish created by bored Agents on a slow day?
In actual fact I was born in Lewes, Sussex, and schooled in Greytown, Natal, but I declined to fill in those details, so it appears my Controller took it upon himself to fill in that nonsense for me...

Friday 31st May at 4.40am

I got up the ladder on Wednesday morning and washed the windows inside and out.. Not because I'm particularly house-proud, but they were that grubby they spoiled the view... Only this morning did I discover I'd forgotten to shut the little side window in here that looks straight onto the Sadist's three aircon units.. Even then I probably wouldn't have noticed, except for the unusual sound of at least one of those units running.. WTF?  It's blissfully cool in here for the moment, and it's socks and a cardie for me.. I'd muttered aloud to him as I do, and gone off to fetch something.. By the time I got back here to the desk he'd gotten rid of that steady hum, although the pressure in my ears tells me there's still plenty going on in the air... Why the hasty dousing of that motor?   Don't tell me the Squirt is still trying to convince you he no longer plays a role in my torture?  Bah humbug!

My initial shopping trip out yesterday had been interesting, if only for the sudden sharp pain behind and above my knee that had arrived as I'd let myself out the courtyard door around 8am.. I'd limped up the top, loaded up No. 17, and we'd set off for the Village Market as usual.. IIRC my limp had disappeared by the time I'd parked the car in Westville.. Hau!   There'd been no finesse whatsoever as my Trackers picked me up later at Jimmy Bellows field, and I took a savage set of Knives to the Back as I'd stood chatting to Missus Govender... You're happy with the results then?  THIS new lamp stuck in the second tree recently is allowing the Look and Listen technology to operate at it's maximum?  Why all the bother, FFS?  My Monitors knew something I didn't?

You bet they did, and when I'd fallen into brief conversation with one of the other shoppers I see regularly at the Farmers Market, I discovered why the recent increased attention... Turns out her husband is a retired policeman, and her kid is a cop as well, and my goodness, it's a small world!
My companion had insisted that the new tree lamp was also active, so I took a couple more pics for you HERE, while the usual overhead light glared out it's orange glow onto the bustle below...
By the time we got back to Sydenham SAPS I was in a hurry, but even so, I swear her in Admin has also lost some weight, and she'd looked sort of anxious... Was she expecting me to quiz her on the change in her appearance?  I hadn't the time and had left to take a picture of THIS cherry picker working on a streetlight a few doors down from the copshop, in Collingham Road, and the dog HERE, once again shut out of it's property on the road, with no visible food or water..

Why the tweaks being made to that pole in particular? Nothing to do with the retired cop living almost opposite that light?  Should I call him and see if anyone in that house has been feeling off-colour lately?
When I'd finally settled myself in the Polo sometime around 10am, the GameWrecker had headed for the beachfront, and we'd ended up walking along the shoreline to uShaka... Durbanites will back me when I say it was a truly perfect day.. A tad too warm in the parking lot, but once you got down to the water's edge it was paradise... The wireless was at a minimum, and I only took one set of the Knives to the Back frequency as we'd headed back towards Addington along the sand, and another in the parking lot itself...

It was there that I'd had another of my wild theories debunked, when I was told that the corrupt ex-City Manager Sutcliffe, doesn't after all, occupy a penthouse at Groote Schuur, but instead he owns two adjoining apartments on the 7th floor, right in what I'd have to refer to, as the thick of things...  So much for thinking the higher you got, the safer you might be from the blanket of wireless now covering eThekwini...
Is that beastly little man taking copious doses of the medicine he dished out so readily to the Durban community? Hopefully that's a yes, after all...
The GameWrecker had arrived home after dark to say he'd heard whistling out in the valley.. Generally a sign that there's mischief afoot, and ja, it was repeated out in the dark about half an hour ago...

You remember how we'd been told that SAPS had done a walkabout through the horse-yard/valley one night a few weeks back?  That we'd been informed they'd encountered some youngsters living down there in the bush who claimed to have been thrown out of a nearby institution having reached the age of eighteen, and they had no prospects and nowhere to go?  Not exactly a comforting thought for residents bordering the valley, and I'd raised the matter with the Captain at Monday night's Meeting...  Had the police asked the lads which institution had treated them so callously, and maybe we could, as a CPF take it up with them and attempt to find a solution?  At which point I swear she'd replied that there'd been no-one around to ask, and that it was just their campfire and meagre belongings they'd come across... I'd already ascertained that the Captain herself was among the group doing the walkabout, so if none of those homeless chaps had been there to question, where did the story of their ejection from a nearby institution come from?  Hopefully my seriously degraded hearing is to blame for this puzzle, and I'll try and remember to check with my VC as to whether I misheard her...

Installing a droog or two somewhere in the valley has been a favourite ploy of Special Agent Balliram's for as long as I can remember, and I don't see this situation as being any different... The police say the poor young chaps are destitute, and they can't move them on.... You listening there, Chief Clark?   I do try and keep up with the sometimes injured-sounding pieces you post, but I have to chuckle at some of your remarks... How each fortnight we're told of another resident who'd tried Sydenham Station in an emergency only to find that either the phones weren't answered, or the Officer taking their call refuses to give his/her name or, there's only one van available, or even last week's classic, there were no drivers available, as many of the officers were on leave...  While I've come to know and like many of the cops up there, it certainly appears that Westville Station is run along very different lines to the Druglord's own personal constabulary....

If I remember rightly, we were promised that the no doubt carefully reworked Manase Report was to finally be shown to the public this week.. Is today to be the big Reveal?  I'm not holding my breath, chaps...

LATER at 6.05am

The Water Dept. guy hadn't denied it when I'd suggested to him that there was water running freely under all the roads across town, but had merely said that most people had no idea of the power behind those torrents.. Thankfully, we're not most people, and the games being played with our own water supplies leave no doubt whatsoever that we're an accident waiting to happen...  The GW had another go at the toilet cistern and at last it's stopped leaking, though I had to remind him last night that we're a long way off being out of the woods, and that after running my bath late yesterday afternoon, the geyser had sung a very different song to it's usual one, as it refilled...
Problems with YOUR geyser?  You couldn't ask for clearer evidence of the now computerised control over the waterlines, and the fumbling errors that are bound to occur as your Area Controller takes charge of your lines..

Saturday 1st June at 5.45am

Short of things to tell you?  Not at all, but it's kind of nice to know he has to sit and wait for me to put pen to paper before he can call it a day... Tempting in fact, to just get up from the desk and walk away, leaving the Creep hanging... He'd chosen to employ the Knives to the Ear frequency last night, and I'd typed out two Distress texts in the end, before he'd gotten bored and stopped his pathetic nonsense...
The chopper that so far appears to have replaced the Airwing bird, is much harder to describe than it's easily recognizable blue and white counterpart, but there's no rush, as, like day follows night, it'll be back again and again... Chocolate Brown and white would be my guess so far, and probably privately owned, but we'll have to wait and see..

The GameWrecker had suggested yesterday afternoon that the big dog's excitement next door could be due to their Owners return from his trip out of town... I wouldn't know, only that by nightfall his garage wall light had been re-adjusted to run at half mast, to match the one outside this window... More sad little mind games, Creep?  *snorts..
peace..

---oOo---

Sunday 2nd May 2013 at 8.35am.