Sunday, January 01, 2012

THE SILLY SEASON..
(begun Monday 2nd January at 6am...)


I scarcely even bother to make my bed these days, though I spend enough time lying in it..*winks..  Even this dumb-ass knows that a change like that, however insignificant, is an indication that all's not well at Camp Toad.. Just chatting to you here, which for years has been my pleasure, has become an insurmountable hill that I'm struggling to climb right now...
Ouch!  Was that a collective and derisive boo hoo that just floated across the air-waves?

In the past it would seem that I've been able to talk my way out of every pit I've dug for myself, and I've been allowed to pick myself up and continue telling you the truth of what's happening here in the Zone...

The introduction over the holidays of the Broken Hip frequency by our less-than-stable Area Controller, has pretty much put paid to me whining my way out of this particular hole...
Once again he's demonstrated that he has carte blanche over the choice of technological tortures he can inflict upon us, and while the GW and B.Snr share the same ongoing shoulder pain, Sue the Book and I have been crippled by the Broken Hip frequency... *belches... I suspect that the permanent damage inflicted so avidly upon my hip over the last 2 or 3 weeks, means that I'll never again take my fifty-two stairs, two at a time.. *shrugs...

LATER at 7am..

Where were you as I bleated and shrieked in outrage at this latest horror?  Still shrugging me off as fully deserving of everything I get?  *curious... A strange lot you are fosho, and it beats me why you would condone the identical treatment being meted out to the occupants of No.s 4 and 5, when they do nothing to provoke the Monster...
Ah, but they do?  When Balliram activates their audio systems, it's highly unlikely he hears any good spoken of himself, and that's more than sufficient reason to increase the agonies he creates via their powerlines and into their homes, is it not?

When I say that thanks in the main to Allen Spence and Herr Doktor Sutcliffe, this Lout hold ours very lives in his grubby hands, I kid you not... It appears that the majority of you here in the Zone are comfortable at being OWNED by the carefully re-constructed Druglord, and that should you even wish to voice your misgivings, he will magically be a step ahead of you, and consolidate his ownership with further gifts and promises of assistance...

Did the Struggle Activist step down from her role as Chair of the newly formed Sparks Estate CPF (albeit temporarily), due to the fact that her entire campaign was based on ridding the area of drugs, and it was somehow made clear to her that following that route could in fact be detrimental to her own health?  Her promise to take Sydenham Heights under the new CPF's wing hasn't materialised at all, and the situation over there remains as miserable as it ever was, pretty much confirming that the cunning change to the Wards immediately prior to the last Local Elections, and the creation of this new Sector Policing Forum were indeed intended to achieve nothing more than to weaken the lot of us...

Any so-called drug busts worthy of mention will have been given the thumbs-up from Barnabas himself, long before they were executed, and the stooges arrested will be out on bail in a flash.. (Murthi riding shotgun with the so-far incorruptable Captain Peters, is almost as ludicrous as teaming him up to work with the Druglord's own nephew).
These are matters that my erstwhile heroine will insist are not my business, and should not be raised at all here on my blog... *waves to M.... Do you ever lie awake at night and marvel at your good fortune since Barnabas saw fit to call you so soon after the shooting at Siripath Field in 2008, and declare that he was your friend?
Did you ever figure out that he'd made identical promises to those running the newly-created Sparks Estate CPF, and that he's subsequently sat back and enjoyed the results as you so obligingly went about trashing what you saw as competition to your kid's future political aspirations?  Does your remarkable about-face attitude to my CPF Chairman and the subsequent close bond you've developed with him, still spur you on to think you can achieve similar results with my Vice Chair?
Who was it that put the brakes on your first attempt, and suggested you wait a while longer before you tried Barnabas' now well-worn Sales Pitch on Gandhi's great-grandson?

Just a feeling you had, or did you take a call just prior to your planned visit?  A call that had you back-pedalling for the time being at least?
Hell, I valued our (with hindsight one-sided) friendship, and spent many happy hours in your company, and perhaps foolishly, I've not written you off by any means...
As it stands, there's no way I can compete with the Druglord and his delicious promises, and all I can do is cling to the fading hope that at least some of you will wake up and see where this is headed... *yawns....

There was an enormously bloated and very dead toad waiting for me when I cleaned out the hadeda pool yesterday morning, along with a little stick sturdy enough to have held him under the water... *blinks... The Silly Season has always brought out the more excessive of Balliram's goonda-like behaviour, and this year is no different... Despite the myriad beams that criss-cross our property and alert our obsessed Controller to any movement worthy of his interest, someone was allowed to access our yard to deposit this latest message for me...
Could it be the same agile wall-jumper who some months back was allowed to remove the useful little R100 braai from our verandah in the dead of night?  I've no doubt the dogs would've heard him and sounded the alarm at the time, but the oldies would've foolishly assumed that it was cats setting them off, and we certainly didn't miss the braai, right up until I went to haul it out on Christmas day..*snorts... Will our Controller insist that he tried to wake us as soon as he became aware of the intruder, but that the situation was 'complicated' and he couldn't do much?
Will he deny any knowledge of this latest offering deposited in the hadeda pool?  *interested... All small potatos, I'm sure you'll agree, and I still have much to be grateful for...

The six red bishop birds that frequent the bird feeder have to top the list, as they continue to afford me so much pleasure... I'd have to put their arrival after all these years down to H20's cable laying operations down at the bottom of this little valley.. While the disastrous contamination of the water led to the continued disappearance of the great colonies of toads that always bred down there, the situation has at least improved sufficiently to encourage these beautiful birds to take up residence... *curtseys to the corrupt cable-layers...

I'm grateful that Balliram withheld the next powercut due, at least over Christmas day and New Year's, for I doubt the way things stand now, that his home is affected by the engineered load-shedding..*winks... I'm grateful that our television service was for the most part, left alone to operate as it should, and that the GW at least, got the internet service that he pays for...
How'm I doing here Earl?
Am I learning at last to behave as a trapped labrat should?  To be duly grateful that as I sit here now at the desk on Monday 2nd January at 8.30am, I don't have a single twinge of pain from either the BackFire or the Broken hip frequencies, however brief this respite may last?
Play my cards right, and I'll even be able to climb my stairs without pain eventually?  I dunno about that one dude, as your IT Monkey really went all out to inflict permanent damage in that area, and was still hard at it two nights ago....

It's taken enormous effort for me to even sit and complete this update, and I question whether it was only Stella who lost her groove, or whether the employment of the Broken Hip frequency is the straw that's done this camel a permanent mischief, and my idiotic cheerfulness has finally left the building for good...
What do you think? *studies the Arm-Chair Shrinks.... Time for me to accept the violent programming methods employed so freely by Collin P. Balliram, and to simply STFU at last?  *limps off-stage..
Peace...

---oOo---

Monday 2nd January 2012 at 9.55am...