Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP....
(begun Wednesday 23rd November at 3.40am)


There's a ruddy great rat lying on the floor behind the loo.. Nope, not a mouse, that was yesterday's gift.. This one is a full-grown rat, or it would be if it had a head...
What is it with cats that they feel obliged to bring their trophies indoors? I've put the light back out and am going to pretend I didn't see it... Much as they're a part of the family, they're killing machines at this time of year, and you never know what you're going to find next, lying about bloodied and lifeless... *shrugs..
I'd opened the letterbox early the morning before last, and a bush-snake's tail had brushed my wrist as it shot into the hedge to escape... It's amazing that any of them make it to adulthood, and no thanks to Kitz or to Chi...

It's now 3.50am and the AirWing chopper is going overhead.. I don't have to check as they're the only boys that work up there at this hour, linking up the stragglers to the grid for the Project....
I'd just pulled back into the garage after a brief outing yesterday morning, when she'd bobbed out of No. 10 and headed down the road on foot... Turns out she was off to Randles Road, and so I said I'd drop her off rather than read about her in the next Gazette... We'd chatted on the way as one does, and it transpired that her 'arthritis' was giving her hell since she'd been staying at the Scrabble Player's for a couple of weeks on her visit from abroad... Your hands? I'd asked.. They're on fire at night?  Pretty much, she'd agreed... A coincidence then, that Mr. S from Everton Road had called me on Monday to say he was going to skip the CPF Meeting that night, as he'd developed what he thought was arthritis in his fingers, and was in a lot of pain.. *blinks...

Once again, I'll say that a door-to-door in these parts would undoubtedly show the astonishing physical devastation being caused by Telkom's wondrous Wireless/Fibre over the powerlines Project... It's guaranteed that some homes will be treated to far higher emissions than others, and so it came as no surprise to find Mr. S. was one such lucky recipient... I wouldn't know whether it's been weeks or months that the Creep has been hopping in to that loyal attendee's home to eavesdrop, but it sure sounds like Mr. S is now a fully-fledged member of our growing Club... *vomits...

The overseas visitor staying next door?  Though she's a good five years younger than me, she quite likely has a pre-existing condition that's hugely exacerbated by their DLOS to the mini wireless base station across the valley, and to Balliram's constant access of their power circuit to eavesdrop...
I'd just pulled up in Randles Road and parked, when a Muni electricity bakkie arrived across the road and the driver emerged with his clip board.. The poor sod didn't stand a chance, and I was on him before he could escape..
A lucky catch as it turned out.. A different Section to Disconnects, but he knew all the right people and he took my Good Neighbour's details and said he would do what he could to have their power restored... He was as good as his word, and called me much later to say that the Disconnect Section (Segren Moodley?) guys had insisted they'd already put the power back on at No. 10, when they clearly hadn't been anywhere near that address....Several calls later and as advised she'd tried resetting the DB box to no avail...
The good guy called again later to say that Reconnects had promised to come out before nightfall and put them back on...
It was dusk before I heard him banging on my neighbour's door, and shortly afterwards their power was back on.. A full five days after it had been cut.. *spews...It must also be noted that not long after their power came back, so did our streetlight! *eyebrows up...

Exactly the sort of exercise that gives our seriously disturbed Area Controller the most pleasure.. How he would have wriggled and shuddered with pleasure listening to their dismay, as the days dragged by sans any electricity.. Hey - don't just take my word for it, the Behavioural Scientists will confirm that I'm right on the button there.. *winks... It had taken the Muni Contractor about five minutes to be let in, and go down their stairs to the box, and fiddle with it, to put their power back on.. It took less than that for the chaps that Balliram and Nayager had arranged to have waiting close by, to nick the Contractor's little Golf that he'd left parked up on the street by No.10's garage...
The kids had let the bloke out of the top door just in time for him to see his wheels disappearing into the distance, and he'd run off after it, while they'd slammed the door shut and gone back down to the house... People... *eyeroll...
Business must be really slow up at the Wireless Station, hey Balliram?  No legitimate targets to monitor, have you and your buddy setting up these elaborate mini dramas to entertain the troops, right?  And as with everything our Colin P. Balliram has a hand in, the near suffocating stench of cowardice threatens to choke me...

Did you know that the Scrabble Player is currently working out of the country on a contract, leaving his Missus and girls as the preferred and vulnerable prey for Barnabas' pet psycho?  My Controller omitted to mention that small fact?  It's highly unlikely that Segren? down at Springfield Park would have risked playing Balliram's nasty little game for so long had the head of the House been home, and that's a given..*gags...
The Teacher had once expressed her fears that rogue Controllers could give the Project a bad name, and alas her words are the Truth...
With nothing else other than Balliram's own diligent assistance, I've proven that Area Controllers here in the Zone are a craven bunch of monkeys with more than a little leaning towards criminal activities...
That all you really need is the ability to turn on a PC or laptop and an eye-popping amount of gullibility, and you're in...  A couple of lessons from the Cracker wearing his mortar-board guise, on how to hack into your neighbour's system, and you can go hang out with the rest of them on the efnet channel and feel comfortably a part of the Gang...

See Dolby?  I wasn't simply having a go at you at random dude, and I'm well aware that you were regularly ushered into our PC by our Network Administrator, to enjoy a giggle at how I struggle with even the very basics of IT.  Chances are that you and your crass buddies still occasionally get handed a pass at my door.. The kind Mod will be well aware of this juvenile practise, but he's outnumbered in this instance, and I'm okay with that... *shrugs..
If you've already been approached to be a Controller for your area, are you going to grow up and manage the circuit responsibly?  You'll forgive me if I hazard that's a no, and that instead you will emulate your other hero, the Cracker Balliram, and vie with your equally gormless chums to cause as much misery to the innocents in your charge as you can?
I apologise humbly if I have you pegged all wrong Dolbs, but you've given me little reason to imagine you as anything other than a willing and rather vindictive sheep...

Did you know that chances are you already have your own Leverage file? Granted it probably only contains the fact that you've illegally hacked into more than a few private systems.. Small potatoes, and something that will have Jannie van Zyl reassuring you that as it's for the Cause, there's no way such a thing could ever be used against you, and he's right.. However - You'll be encouraged to go a lot further as time goes by, until the point where Jannie and his Bosses have you squarely by the balls forever...
There'll be no changing your mind a few years down the line when you've had enough, and have outgrown the malicious behaviour.. You're essentially OWNED, and will dance to the tune of these thugs for life.. I bet that right now that idea doesn't bother you in the least and that it's still fun, fun, fun all the way?
That's okay kiddo, as long as you don't acquire any of the telltale side-effects that can so easily arrive to those who spend an inordinate amount of time at a keyboard, flooding citizen's homes with huge levels of emissions.. If godforbid, the worst comes to the worst, I'm sure the Telecoms Agent would point you to a site I saw posted on mybroadband recently..  www.stupidcancer.org.? Is that local?

LATER at 9.20am

Interesting to speculate on when and why the above site was set up, though I've not attempted to visit it myself.. Would I find it peopled by mainly IT techs and the like?  You want to check what year it began operating, and who the site owner is?  *curious.. Don't look at me.. I booted up ten minutes ago and was denied even access to my gmail by my apian-like Controller.. *grins..

Shall we move on to the small stuff that my poor Master is simply dying to read, in order to stroke his own ego?
After seeing Zapiro's cartoon in the Times yesterday, I'd attempted to send a brief sms to the usual number, applauding the guy's skills... I checked and had 112 sms' at the time, though my three attempts to send it failed.  An hour or so later I had reason to text my CPF Secretary and the message went without a problem.. *blinks.
I've had my messages published in the Times sms column more than once, and as such have offended my Controller?  I've been upgraded at last to Risk Level, and the 33971 number is set to Fail permanently?  The at times astonishingly insecure Oaf merely reassures himself of his absolute control?  I guess Number 3 is the winner!  *dances...

The GW insists that he hasn't heard of a gadget that plugs into the jackpoint to give a reading of what voltage is running through your home, and says that I'm quite possibly fantasising that such a device even exists... You think?  Argumentative old cow that I am, I'm going to stick to my guns on this one...
How do you tell which one of us is displaying signs of early dementia?  We're equal in the finger-pointing department on that score, and I wouldn't be surprised if the kid ends up having us both committed.. *cackles...
Thankfully the downhill run is proving to be weirdly exhilarating for the moment at least...

I was having a little chuckle to myself earlier on at how Missus C had briefly attempted to turn the tables round and have me labelled a Stalker.. Pfftt... Did she figure out for herself the sheer stupidity of taking such a path?  Alas, in between selling used cars and doing the books for various Motor Dealers she appeared to spend a considerable amount of time on the efnet channel, and is well known in those parts... I would have to guess that she was rather more vocal online than was prudent, as many were aware of her husband's obsession and the dedication he employs both online and off, to cause us mischief...
Her attempts to prove that we're anything other than good neighbours trapped under her sick husband's control would have failed dismally...
I've a question for the little woman.... Are you happy?  Really?  *fascinated...

Peace..

---oOo---

Wednesday 23rd November 2011 at 12.02pm.