Thursday, July 21, 2011

CANNON FODDER...
(begun Wednesday 20th July at 6.15am...)

*Attempting to log onto blogger.com at 8.00am suddenly resulted in the Server not being available, despite that our ISP's vehicle still sits at the head of his driveway.... A shut-down and re-start yielded success... Small pleasures, hey Balliram?*

I looked at the latest competitions running on mybroadband last night, and was amused by how badly I'd like to win an iPad for my kid.. Easy enough to enter..
Simply make 20 posts/comments within the next week, and you qualify.. All these comments will doubtless be spread about the Forum, and I'm guessing that a good many will be made on the Broadband and IT News Articles Section, neatly pushing the 'Cellphone Radiation killing you' thread begun by rpm on the 12th June, 2011, into obscurity...
It's a shame, but inevitable... It was well worth being stickied for educational reasons if nothing else, but that's unlikely to happen, hey Janneman?  *winks...
I have to say kudos to rpm for posting it in the first place, and leave it at that...


Has young Ian recovered his composure at being singled out again in yesterday's Hot Air blog?  It's not what you SAY that I care about at this point ic, but what you THINK, once your irritation has subsided... Asking you to divorce the carefully-created picture you have of me from your head, and to actually listen to what I'm saying, is a tall order... *sighs.... To turn around and expect you to see past my repeatedly self-confessed and genuine idiocy is pushing it to the limits, but.....
Lawd, I miss my old lady with her calm logic and commonsense, and I still wonder where I was the day those so-useful attributes were handed out... Probably lying in the grass down by the stream, watching the little boatmen insects darting about the surface of the water....
It's now 6.30am and the BackFire has just increased alarmingly.. A sure sign that our Controller anticipates the GW will rise from his bed shortly, and he's enhanced his listening options accordingly....
What gems will he catch falling from our lips at this hour?

Anything that he could carry back to his mafioso chommies, that may be used against us somewhere down the line?  A sudden dental appointment planned, or a visit to the Optician?  Anything that may require the further services of Major General Groenewald perhaps?  *chokes...

Friday 22nd July at 4.15am

We'd cruised down Harris Crescent after 2pm yesterday, and I'd studied the streetlights idly, thinking to count all the Telkom boxes as we passed... WHICH boxes FFS?  *bolt-eyed.. When were they so judiciously removed?  Ages ago, and I've simply not been paying attention?
I'm betting my eight photo albums will show that they were there, alright... Have they also gone from being so obviously visible in Garbutt Road, to non-existent, or would closer inspection reveal them to now be tacked carefully onto poles at the rear of properties, and thus harder to see?
While my howls of outrage had led to at least three of Telkom's boxes being removed from the streetlight poles outside our homes, they'd reappeared swiftly enough on the relevant telephone poles out of sight along our property boundaries in the valley...

Is it just possible that I gave them entirely too much publicity, and that loads more boxes were moved to more out of the way positions, or were they only a temporary measure anyway, to be employed until such time as they were no longer needed?  *fascinated....
Could that be a fine example of just such a Telkom-owned box in this week's Highway Mail at www.looklocal.co.za Page 2, 24-Hour Streetlight a Burning Issue?  Where a concerned citizen has foolishly stuck her neck out and reported THIS always-on streetlight in Blair Atholl Road...
I'll admit I seldom recall seeing the white boxes above the actual lamps, as the majority are either tied on level with the lights or just below them....  But go have a dekko anyway, and then wait for Mr. van Zyl to give you HIS version of what that box is there for, and to insist that it doesn't belong to the Beast at all... *chokes...
Go knock on that silly woman's door a year from now, and it's likely you'll find her at the very least, crippled by some form of arthritis.. Stepping out of line and drawing any form of attention to the Blessed Project will undoubtedly lead to dire consequences for the perpetrator, hey Jannie?

My attempts to post a rather tame reply to the Cops growing closer to spiteful email... thread on durbanite yesterday, have so far failed, and no doubt my efforts have caused much mirth among the nudge and wink brigade...*shrugs...
I did however, receive an auto-advice in my gmail to go read a long-winded comment by our Mac McCarthy that I apparently missed the first time round...*winks...
Upon my word, if he isn't now backing away from any involvement in the possible defamation of our Corrupt Town Clerk...*laughing...A lazy reader at best, did I misinterpret Mac's second post, or were his feet skidding beneath him as he slipped into sudden carefully worded reverse?  *applauds the professional wordsmith...

I'd dutifully re-typed my Taking the Carrot comment into a mail to Leon, as he'd suggested, and his on-Forum orange light was active (bless him?), and I'd hit Send at 6.33pm..   When I'd checked at 8.51pm there'd been no sign that my words had made it past the Censorship Board the second time round... Conclusion?  I remain as much the designated Fall-guy as I always was... *grins...

I found that the Bully next door had been busy while I was out yesterday, and that at some point he'd blacked out the telly screen, depriving Penny of the little entertainment she enjoys, while attempting to clean our tip.. I saw her off the property, and went back down to pull out the plug from the PC wall jackpoint and to switch off the plug behind the telly as well...
In doing this, it appears I may have angered our Special Agent, for reasons that escape me... When I'd attempted to log on at about 5.20pm I was refused a connection, though predictably, once the GW returned from the shops, there was no longer a problem...*twinkles at the Coward...
Minor irritations, as the poor Sod refuses to accept that I'm no longer in any way impressed by his dodgy skillz...

There's been a new signal enhancer running non-stop since the night before last, from out of the mini base station across the way.. Stuck on the wall INSIDE the shark cage HERE.. I only noticed it for the first time early yesterday morning, and it appears to be operating on the same frequency as that of THIS one on Balliram's wall, nearest to where the GW sleeps...
Unless I'm mistaken, our Controller's light has been dumbed down from a brilliant white to now match the pale gold of the new lamp inside the shark-cage, ensuring that they chat compatibly to each other... *rubs it's burning eyes...

We'd ended up yesterday at the top of Fields Hill in Kloof, by the Telkom Technical Station in Haygarth Road.. A strange experience, as I'd been anticipating a great deal more discomfort than actually occurred.. *blinks... Sure, there were a few places that had the Knives to the Back reaching eye-watering levels, but on the whole, I managed to get THESE pics for my album, pretty much unscathed...
Driving around Pinetown OTOH, the huge pockets of EMR are everywhere, if Millie the Gross is to be trusted, and I guess by now she is...
The odd thing is how often she shrieked her loudest when there was no visible mast or aerial to be seen, and I must conclude that it was my Controller's tracking efforts inside the Polo that were causing these special effects... The GW had taken a call on his cell at some point while in Pinetown, and as he'd ended the conversation, the BackFire had arrived with startling intensity, though it hadn't stayed for long...*fascinated...

Carol M I on the Berea is fighting a lost cause.. See yesterday's Berea Mail, Letters to the Editor, page 7 'We need our trees' at www.looklocal.co.za..
Davenport Centre are set to destroy the trees in their parking lot to oblige the Metro Connect scheme, and the DLOS they insist is necessary for the technology to function at it's best...
Will the Centre Owners be made aware of the fine print? That the PTB are aiming to invade all the shops, and ultimately the resident's apartments above the Centre as well?  Certainly not in order to create some brilliant hassle-free connectivity for the consumers, but to remove the right to privacy and a healthy environment of those unsuspecting ratepayers..*vomits..

Here's one for the History buffs out there... Was Hitler a self-professed Nature-lover?  Did he point to the flora and fauna about him and use them as a prime example of why species shouldn't mix?  Did I misinterpret her remarks?  *startled... Maybe it's a good thing that so few can be bothered to wade through my blogs, for I've always been quite clear on the matter of different races inter-marrying... If there's a real bond between you, what does it matter that you don't share the same colour skin FFS?

LATER at 6.35am

I stood up from the desk and stretched, a minute ago.  At almost precisely the same time as my Master chirruped his remote.. I walked into my bedroom next door, and was met with such pressure in my ears that I came close to keeling over.. *blinks..

AT 7.10am

I've just been up top to pick up the Times on our driveway, and found that THIS lamp on Balliram's wall remains active, as I suspect it chats to the still-on light in the shark cage on the orphanage building, despite that the streetlights have long been de-activated...  *shrugs..

Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 22nd July 2011 at 9.02am.