Monday, December 27, 2010

OURS NOT TO REASON WHY...
(begun Saturday 25th December at 3.15am....)

I’d not yet shut down after publishing yesterday's effort, when I heard someone calling my name from the top… I’d gone up to the gates to find the three smiling Sisters bearing a gift for me… A totally unexpected and pleasant surprise, and it clearly caught our Area Controller right off-guard.. *grins..
I’d headed back downstairs to show the GameWrecker, and once again Mistuh Keen had inadvertently set off his house alarm, in his hasty efforts to hear our conversation..*cackles…

Apart from that, it was a fairly quiet day, and the real theatrics only began at 7pm when a remote was chirruped several times (to get my attention?) and some visitors pulled in next to el Monstro’s car…
I’d sort of hoped they'd come to rescue him from his long and grumpy-making vigil in der Bunker, but no – at 8pm he was back at his post, and the noisy wireless cricket outside our lounge announced his renewed interest… *sighs…

It was just before 10pm when the AmDram Society again deliberately got my attention, and this time a woman repeatedly called our Controller’s name.. I went in to the kitchen to find the Scrabble-Player’s big signal enhancer was out, along with Bali’s streetlight!  Hau!
I took the two little dogs up with me in the dark cool night, and found that the Master’s big lights on either side of his gates were working just fine, as was OUR streetlight…
I've no idea whether my Good Neighbour had been asked specially to switch his light off, but it had been active earlier.   A different combination requested, as the Controller tried to enhance the audio-monitoring in the Scrabble-Player’s home, or simply another 'oops' moment in a growing string of fumbles?  *interested…
I'd stood up the top in the pleasant breeze and watched, as one of the newer AirWing choppers went about it’s business overhead, with it's searchlight active, while the Mothership stood dark down on Jan Smuts, for the third night in a row… *blinks…

Is our Area Controller deliberately attempting to make up for the huge amount of additional lighting now festooning the orphan's home/mini base station?   Does he insist that the one cancels out the other? *snorts…
I’d read in the papers this week where a Muni Stooge had claimed as much as R50mil had been lost due to illegal water connections… And no, this time it wasn’t said by the Liar, Macleod.. I must fish through the growing mountain of newspapers and check it out again, as that’s serious money…

I can't help but flash back to the Fire Services crew as they casually took the cap off the hydrant and stood about chatting, while the water thundered down the Cresent… The early days were such fun!
The claims of illegal water connections and theft, are about as honest as the claims of stolen cabling..  All manipulated in the name of the Project FFS…. The runoffs necessary to alleviate the pressure build-up as the water lines strain under the additional load of cabling…
The ‘stolen’ copper cabling provides the techs with an excuse to swarm up your poles and ‘adjust’ your power and phone supplies…*eyeroll….

This morning I find that the Scrabble-Player’s wall light is activated, but Einstein's streetlight is still off.. Is it totally dead?  Why no, not at all… Studying it now, through the binoculars, I find THIS tiny red light inactive, but replaced by THESE two astonishingly bright pinpoints of light where the fiber cable is held in place by the silver bands.. They look to be way too high to be caused by the reflection from his gate lights, so I guess it’s a clear enough indication that the pole is alive and well and functioning just as our Area Controller wishes it to.. *grins… Having once again hammered you with the bleeding obvious, I'm back off to Cloud 9… Cheers…

LATER at 9.10am..

The GW has seen to it that we’ll be feasting later on, when the youngsters pull in…
While I'm betting if you were to ask him, Bali would insist he's doing what he most enjoys, it's all a bit sad really.. Up until at least a half hour ago, he had his wireless 'nunus' running all over the show, and you have to wonder for what purpose?
I've introduced you to pretty much everyone down this end of the Crescent over time, have I not?

Do you recall meeting any potential terrorists, subversives, or even tax-dodgers amongst us?  After 5 years, it surely can't be claimed that this activity still falls under any sort of ‘testing’, so tellus if you would, Mistuh Mo Shaik – why the continued cost to the ratepayer, when this section at least, is running to no more than a seriously malicious payback agenda?
Do you pander to Glen Agliotti up your way, as much as you do to your old pal Earl Michael Barnabas, down here?
Fosho you do, and I doubt you lose any sleep over it either… *yawns…

Was Schabir privy to Mr. Cowan’s last private conversations before he topped himself?  I seem to think the chap also lived in Innes Road, which was no doubt an easy target to invade and monitor…?
Has the Head of Intelligence's Boetie taken to eavesdropping on his wealthy neighbours, like a duck to water?  Geez folks!  You KNOW he has!  Having his freedom curtailed for even such a relatively short time, will have him busy with payback schemes for years to come.. Those that he can't get at via his own Area Controller, will result in a call to the Druglord, whose web of connections has swelled enormously over the years.. Our Earl has always worked comfortably with the so-called Curry Mafia, which organisation will have obedient members across the country…

You have to hand it to the Project Authors for coming up with such a cunning plan.. Using Organised Crime Bosses, Druglords and the Local Mafia, has ensured that the technology has been installed with astonishing speed..( No need for pseudo-modesty at this point Jannie – it’s been sheer genius!   *teeth…)
I’ve no doubt the OldBoys Network have been reassured that their turn will come, but it must surely rankle to have to sit back and watch the criminals own the land.. Are the Good still 100% certain they can claim back the ground gobbled up by the Scum?
The two opposing factions working amiably alongside one another, each with their own agenda, could result in a messy collision somewhere down the road… *shrugs…

Monday 27th December at 4.45am..

Yep, I've been slacking..*grins.. I’ll catch up on the small stuff later, but feel I must share with you before I forget…
I'd made a coffee about fifteen minutes ago, and was still in the kitchen wondering what sort of Christmas Nobby had had, when I swear and declare he barked just the once, loudly, and the next second the house-alarm went off next door.. I've blogged this cleverness before, haven't I?  What is it the dog hears/feels the instant before our Controller sets the house alarm off?  Don’t give me intruders FFS… Magic! * blinks.. I sent texts to the numbers I have for the Amazing Pair, in neighbourly fashion, though it would have been faster to simply hang over the wall and bellow to the Lurker himself..falls over…

LATER at 8.00pm…

The GW lost his iBurst Connection at 11.17am yesterday, and was given repeated Error 718’s Remote Computer not Responding until he gave up trying… He got on an hour or so later, and the problem didn’t recur… Today it was the same story, but this time is was 11.50am when we couldn’t connect… Careful backup posts on the mybroadband iBurst forum will see to it that our Area Controller won't be looked at sideways by anyone else but me… *winks…

This evening I went over to the Network that Stealth had mentioned, and as usual was given a black screen in java, though it subsequently loaded, and then said:  Startup error: java.lang.error. Unable to load interface pixx.java.lang.Security Exception…
I googled that mouthful and did what the first poster suggested, and blow me down if I didn’t manage to get into the #trivia channel.. *dances briefly…
Course I have no idea how to figure out what el Monstro as done, so that I can undo it, and I find it nauseating that he can still manipulate my net usage after all this time…*mutters and mumbles…

I don’t know what time this afternoon he finally stopped running the BackFire Frequency, and I don’t care.. I do know that after two days of it running without a break, I was finished… And suddenly the pain is gone.. Millie the Gross sits silent and well-behaved, and my hands and wrists do no more than ache mildly… That can change in an instant as you are well aware, but I'm enjoying the peaceful hours while I can…*beams..
I’m giving him ammunition?  No dears, I’m merely telling the truth… Tis YOU that continue to allow him to batter us physically…
I hear the quiet rushing sound outside the window, and remark aloud, and it fades quite smartly to silence… *applauds…
Peace julle….
PS:  Once again I'm not paying sufficient attention.  I see at least two of the little icons that belong on the bottom task bar are missing this evening and the GW has no idea why or what they are.  Dayem!!!

---oOo---

Monday 27th December 2010 at 9.06pm