Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SACKCLOTH....

(begun Tuesday 25th May at 3.45am...)

It was still light when the GW rang as he was nearing home, so I could go up and open the gates.. At the same time he said there was a crane working on the Mothership down by Khaled's ex-home at No. 2.. I put on a rare burst of speed and managed to get up to the top in time to catch THESE pics... *beams..
Whether they've replaced the entire set of six lights or just the one or two that didn't appear to function, I couldn't say, but I went out and checked them at bedtime and they're looking great..

I've watched on more than one occasion as our Controller has manipulated first one of those lights to go out and then another.  Those huge overheads are very much included in the circuit he controls.  I've suggested before that there was a camera hidden in the Mothership's empty cowling that faced towards us, never mind all the similar technology I still insist is included in the new street light cowlings or on the poles..
Right now, someone is dead keen to have you believe there are NO cameras down here, and the crane's arrival was an attempt to endorse this..*winks..

Nayager's astonishing and enraged outburst at our Motherbody Meeting had been the truth..  A revelation made in anger, without any thought for the consequences and hastily withdrawn at a later date... While watching me come and go (as he claimed was happening) they have a clear view of No. 16's property as well, leaving no doubt that the repeated burglaries are a set-up.  The monitoring continues as before, despite all the efforts (including the Mothership's overhaul) to have you believe differently...

Have I pointed you in the wrong direction?  Have I not got this entire corrupt operation nailed?

That would alas, be a yes to the first and a no to the second...
I now have to own to a HUGE blunder that most certainly won't be my last, as I grope my stumbling way through this minefield...
It's been an ongoing assertion of mine that the Good Man at No. 16 was a recruit to the Information Theft Project and one of the Chosen...Right up until last night I was convinced of this... *snorts..

He'd pulled up at the Engen shop last night as we stood chatting there after the CPF Meeting.. I'd taken him aside and reminded him to test his new alarms when they were in place and had warned him that Balliram may set them off regularly for no apparent reason... I threw caution to the wind and asked him straight out if he was involved in the SARS initiative or for that matter ANY Wireless Network operating in the area.
He said no and I believe him.  *goes purple with shame...
While it further rubbishes the lack of credibility surrounding all my allegations, it goes a long way to answering why this family has been targeted..

Were I to suggest to him that he plaster his walls with the huge Wireless-friendly lights and he were to comply, would der Kommissar back off and concentrate on terrorising some other Sucker?  Should I give it a go?  I certainly owe the Good Man that much after thinking for years they were among the Chosen....
It's not some small error that I can blithely shrug off and ignore, and it has me on really shaky ground.. If you were to dump me and my accusations and allegations right now, I wouldn't hold it against you..*sighs..

Tempting though it is, it would be a waste to pack it in on the strength of this latest appalling miscalculation.. So bear with me as I totter on, wearing the obligatory sackcloth and ashes, and attempt to recover my sorely damaged pride...

The Reservist didn't join us for coffee after the Meeting last night.. I'd managed to raise the matter of the 6 shirts and name tags he'd said that SAPS Officers are issued with, and he'd told me outside afterwards that 'they'd heard me' (discussing on the phone?) and the acting Station Head had since stepped up the rules and insisted all her men wear their official name badges... (those would be the clip-on ones you forgot to mention? *winks..)
Heard me?  Is that so Rafeeq?  *chortles... If I spoke of it on the phone, why yes, Nayager and his Monkeyman would certainly have heard me, but I guess that my interest in the name badges was reported by another source entirely...*waves happily....
Do I mind your attempts to rekindle my entertainment value?  Am I offended by your efforts to confirm what I've known for nigh on 65 years?  That I'm a moron?   *falls over laughing.. Not at all young man... There are few enough reasons for mirth up at Dodge these days, and if I can raise a snigger or two, by all means bring it on...

Heading up to the Meeting last night after dark, I'd cruised slowly up Garbutt in first and was delighted at the number of buzzing insects that greeted me as I passed nearly every home... The loudest of them all burst into song just as I went by No. 24! Hardly surprising when you consider the truly astounding display of lighting covering that property...
I tried it again on my trip home, this time down Harris Crescent, but only managed to activate one feeble creepy-crawly into chirruping....

The lack of available SAPF transport came up at our Meeting, and the fact that the Good Man had been told there were only two police bakkies on the road at the time of his latest robbery..*blinks.. At that point the Reservist said that 10 vehicles were waiting for repairs, but he made no mention of the function at the Hall that had been underway while the thieves had been breaking through No. 16's gates and loading up their vehicle before speeding off...
No. 16 had driven past the Hall earlier with his kid and seen for himself as many as eight official SAPF vehicles parked off there, and this had been confirmed by Captain Murugen when he was finally able to respond to the call....  A briefing on WC procedures apparently?  *pukes...

Nayager would of course have known about the WC Meeting and planned the robbery accordingly.. Charming... Added to that, Green Eyes reported seeing three cop cars parked off at the Asherville Swimming Pool while the occupants hung out chatting... The sight of Salacious Crumb and his fellow officer comfortably seated down at Yiroll's at 11.am last Thursday as well,  may just begin to give you a clearer picture of what's currently happening over at Dodge City...

I guess the top brass on the Hill are following Selebi's initial mandate to the letter, while the rank and file guys must be totally bewildered by it all...
The charmingly polite young cop I spoke to at the new airport was speaking for many recruits when he said he didn't join the Force to stand about decoratively all day....
I'm aware that there are plenty of genuinely good cops out there who are simply obliged to follow their Superior's orders...
That one day, when godwilling this filthy mess is cleaned up, these men will be given a Station Head worthy of their courage, instead of the scabby niksnuuts who dance to the tune of the local Druglord FFS.
For the third CPF Meeting in a row neither Spt. Singh nor Salacious Crumb put in an appearance, and the Reservist announced that he'd been dragooned into standing in for Captain Panday.. Interesting times... *winks...

Will there be any changes to our power supply since the fantastical adjustments to the Mothership made yesterday?  I've asked the GW to make a note if he has problems with the PC or TV or whether the lights dip at all..
Personally I suspect the hugely visible operation was ALL about the cameras I insisted were hidden in the Mothership, and that the Crooked Cretins will now feel free to cause more mischief in this neck of the woods... *waits with interest....

We had a fairly heated debate over coffee last night, with the majority of our little band insisting der Kommissar will end up behind bars where he belongs... Only two of us disagreed.. One-Eyed Jack is sitting on a load of stolen information which, if push comes to shove, he could use in an attempt to save himself from incarceration... His failed effort to top himself years ago has put him in a really dodgy position.. How simple it will be for Barnabas to remind him of the gory fate suffered by Adv. Sham and his family (Banker for the SBV loot, who foolishly declined to pay out two parolees and paid for it dearly).  Only in Nayager's case it would most certainly be made to look like suicide... With his history, who would question his demise?

Still confident you're in the clear there Bali? Laz?  Still positive you're the flavours of the month and safe as houses?  *teeth... *an error occurred while saving... You too are running on borrowed time and all the promises and assurances given you are worth diddly squat.. Your Masters are a callous bunch and when they tire of you, you will be dumped unceremoniously.. What will be left for you to do?  Join the Curry Mafia?  (a term new to me but apparently common in the area..) *roffels...
*finally sets aside it's sharp stick and trundles off to do some KP....

LATER at 10.45am..

I'm back to say *another error occurred while saving it's not all doom and gloom after all... I was told earlier that the Butcher Road guys who had taken to hanging out in their revamped piece of parkland and drinking publicly have finally been raided and dissuaded, SAPS dogs and all.. *grins...
Add to that the 25-odd drug-related arrests said to have been made at Sydenham Heights over the last few weeks and it's clear that despite their problems, many of the cops are still hard at it... *applauds...
Our crime stats have risen alarmingly again, and I guess our Temporary Head of Station is having a seriously bumpy ride... Enough said...

Peace..

---oOo---

Tuesday 25th May 2010 at 1.10pm