Sunday, August 02, 2009

SWINGS & ROUNDABOUTS....

(begun Saturday 1st August at 7.15pm...)

I was busy and didn't even get to see what he had on his head.. Standard issue Muni blue trousers and a dark jacket of sorts was all I noticed... Oh, and the fact that I'm fairly sure it was a different guy altogether, sitting over on the orange crate tucked behind the gumtree around midday... Shift wekkers then? It's just started to rain steadily as I put pen to paper...
Do they have a bolt-hole where they take shelter? Quarters nearby on a Chosen one's property? *shrugs...

I guess any problems Bali may have had with his Insurers have been successfully ironed out...*beams... Though he may have gone quiet in some areas, he continues to amuse himself and his buds as before... Smile, I'm on candid camera? *grins.. His antics today fell into the inane category and were not deliberately unkind to his animals, so headsup mon Petite Merde! *applauds... Did Missus C even notice he'd slipped back home a couple of times, or did he get a chommie to fly down? *shhh.. nudge nudge.....

Sunday 2nd August at 4.00am...

Spring rains in early August? It's coming down heavily, and while I'm thrilled for my desert of a garden, I expect it will lead to more mini-tragedies as shacks begin to slide from their precarious moorings... (There's a difference between a doomslayer and a realist I'll have you know! *nods)

The Cricket/Wireless song was never one of the special effects deliberately laid on for this Idiot, so why has it stopped? Will it be back? I could wake at 2 or 3am and already it would be belting out from the Convent or the Senior boys Hostel, so twas definitely not something my Master activated merely to impress me...Oddness.....
Instead, I heard a chorus of toads the night before last, somewhere in the distance... They must have known the rain was coming and were celebrating in advance...*grins...
There was a time, pre-2005 I guess, that their song was so loud we had to turn the volume up on the telly to hear it.. That was when they used to live down below us by the storm water drain. They were a fixture all the years that we've lived here until the Project arrived...*sighs....

Can I set up a poll? How many on the same waterline as us still drink the tapwater? Pramith? I used to swallow bucketfuls and still do, though mostly now from the fridge or in my tea. When I forget and fill a glass directly from the tap, it's taste seems to change from day to day and it sometimes smells.... What doesn't kill you, strengthens you hey Herr Doctor Sutcliffe? Fosho it does....*winks...

No sign of Sue the Book's battered Uno yet? I spoke to her briefly yesterday but forgot to ask whether the Insurers had taken the Courtesy car back and whether she'd been paid out the R20 the Uno was worth...*gags.... It wasn't even worthwhile nicking for the parts, making it's theft a classic case of sheer malicious spite.... Whether the Operation was classified as 'testing the nighttime visual monitoring' is something I'll never be told...
With the new satellite in place, can Sue anticipate losing her last wheels remaining? As you 'test' to see whether the picture has improved? A truly revolting band of criminals run the show down our way, and that's a fact...*snorts...

LATER at 5.20am..

I swear my body temperature rockets when there's cloud cover and I know from past experience that my Master's attentions become magnified to a laughable degree... There's a cool and welcome breeze blowing outside this morning, that soothes my fevered brow...*chokes...

Did I ever tell you I met Terry Pratchett via the Orbitrek? It would have been just before the Captain of Immense courage discovered his abilities to scramble digital readers...*winks.. Besides, back then I was using an ancient portable cassette player when I was loaned a set of Discworld recordings... I'd happily spend my daily twenty minutes reminding my shrivelled and abused lungs to work, while cackling at the author's genius... *grins... Lazy reader that I am, his brilliance was lost when I tried the written word, but to listen to the BBC dude telling the stories was another matter entirely... If you're not already a convert, do yourself a favour and track them down....*beams..

After that I was given a Sony Walkman for a gift and so gave the cassette player to V. *sighs.. I'd managed to download a heap of my favourite music from Kazaa.lite before the Lout of my Life closed that door as well...*shrugs... I'd puff along happily as I pedalled, listening to the music that I loved, until the interference began... At first I'd ask the GW to clean the CD's as it seemed to work.. After a while it became obvious that it wasn't specks of dust that was the problem at all, and eventually my Master overdid his attentions and cooked the little player terminally....
I got myself another and wore it on my other side, in a vain and ignorant effort to protect it...*shrieks... That one didn't last long at all and was again nuked as I pedalled... I took them down to Kay Makans (sp) and the guy had a look and said the digital readers had both been scrambled and to bin them...*sighs... The next thing to go was the little digital reader on the Orbitrek itself and of course as you know, the kid's HiFi CD player was killed as well, where it lives next to the TV in the lounge..

I'd be astonished to find that this deliberate destruction didn't reach the ears of the Strategist at the time...Even back then he would've been busy with far weightier matters than the continued assaults on a witless and deserving toad right? *sad... Did he smile in passing and give my Network Admin his blessing to continue? Alas, I guess for once I know the answer to that...

There could be a hundred reasons for this recent change of direction.. So why don't I just STFU and enjoy it while it lasts? *curious... (At this point I suspect the Car Salesperson will be at her eloquent best) She will swear that her devoted SO has withdrawn his attacks and I'm guessing that nothing has really changed, and you will happily buy her product...*laughing... Sadly, after 10 years of beatings and organised theatrics, it's going to take a whole lot longer for me to be persuaded that the leopard has miraculously changed his spots..*roffels...
Time that I assure you, will have my ADD-challenged and obsessed Network Admin losing the plot again....*grins...

In the interests of self-preservation therefore, I'll carry on reporting on the cozy bond between the Abuser and his Monkey who, along with Barnabas and the Rotten Apples, continue to rule the Zone at Koobair's behest....*gags...
Were little Missus C to retire as Financial Manager (!) of Merc. Pinetown on Monday, in order to keep her Charmer in line 24/7, I would consider myself in with a chance... It ain't gonna happen dudes, and ten years of toad-baiting is a hard habit to break....*cackles...

*The angelus rings out, the sound made soft by the damp south-westerly wind... The sky grows lighter, but still the huge orange SE facing us on the Senior boys Hostel wall, is activated.. Another with the same startling properties as the one on Freddie's domestic's quarters? *interested...*

For the last two or three nights, my Controller has curtailed his electricity usage dramatically. Despite the usual culprits facing the Crescent all being active, the valley side has continued to sit in near darkness... Any pretence that the overkill of lighting installed there is for security purposes, has been abandoned...*lawls....
With the video monitoring that he has installed, there is simply no need for the lights to be on, other than to push the signal across the valley... Wake up you dummies! *laughing...

To feign disgust at his insurance scams and yet to sit silent over the thefts from Sue the Book's yard when you KNOW he watched it all going down, is testimony to your own callousness...*pukes...
I've no idea who it is that has finally decided to aid me, nor why for that matter...*baffled... A fleeting pang of guilt before it passes, and we return to being lambasted via our power supply?

Is it too late for the little mulberry tree to recover? The section of wild fig (?) that appeared so badly affected by my Master's microwave emissions was caught in time, and even now it's bright new growth contrasts ridiculously against the rest of the tree...*beams.. It's possible that the pile of rubbish thrown over his deck into the valley has become a breeding ground for termites and they've attacked the usually resistant little mulberry tree ... I would rather choose to believe that, than the alternative...*sighs...

Despite the solid rain earlier, I've not seen even the merest of dips to our lighting over the past few days... Astounding! *pukes... OTOH I've had to resort to using the desk fan as the heat that now comes off the Monitor at times, is intolerable... Swings and roundabouts as always...*shrugs...

LATER at 9.20am..

The Twins came hurtling in under the wall just after 9.00am... I'd snuck back into my warm bed at 8.00am and had just woken from the most amazing dreams when the damp and muddy Crazies landed on my bed! I've no $ left in my cell to text Missus C, but she knows I love borrowing them anyways, and they even have the GW chuckling at their antics this morning...*waves...

Peace julle...

---oOo---

Sunday 2nd August 2009 at 10.15am..