Sunday, November 11, 2007

LAST NIGHT I COULDN'T SLEEP.....
(begun Saturday 10th November at 12.05pm)
Since finally being permitted' to publish "Mine eyes have seen..." and getting taken out quite neatly thereafter with the constant 'cannot connect to Server' and fraudulent Nortons upgrade, I have written another 6 blogs!
Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed venting and playing da Man and not the Game for the most part - I will hang on to them for the moment...*winks...
We finally got the PC back last night and so far it is functional, though already showing signs of further misbehaviour...*laughs at Bali....
The Knuckledraggers were out in force yesterday and suffice to say that there didn't appear to be many genuine Diwali devotees celebrating the Festival of Light in our area..
As I nipped around the corners of Jan Smuts Highway this morning heading for the shops, I just missed collecting a fullgrown, panic-stricken red setter, running frantically in the middle of the road.... *applauds loudly all those insecure, illiterate bullies and their posturing... Way to Go!!!
Writing constantly of how dear Bali has taken to tying up the most vocal of his two white rats (usually when Missus C is out), while leaving Nobby and Cola free, is pretty pointless now...*smiles... If you do not yet grasp the petty and mindless small cruelties the Fowl King is capable of, why - let me move on to something else....
Though we've not been subjected to any further powercuts since our CPF Treasurer brought up the 40+ unannounced hours lost over a period of two weeks, our lights are once again dipping constantly. Our doorbell has now rung twice, unaided, and I'm betting our electrical assets are hanging by a thread...*cackles....
Captain Courageous' Courser bakkie has truly gone off the rails since I struggled so to publish Mine eyes....*grins...
For that was the alarm that began to sound exactly as our iBurst connection was dropped and my cellphone lost its signal..
Way too many techno-gadgets attached to that little vehicle and it's finally shot its bolt... My Master even tried switching off his inside garage light overnight at one point, but a futile gesture it was....*laughing...
His electric gates are playing up as well now, so it's very much on the cards that we may lose more than just our bathroom light before he has finished his 'additions'...*cackles..
Sunday at 3.45am:
Well, well, well...... its almost as interesting staying awake late as it is rising early....*grins... Yeah, I know I was supposed to be asleep, but I was far from it.... and how busy it got after Bonzo's bedtime last night!!! *cackles...
See now - the roof of the 'Entertainment Centre' is not yet finished... they did begin laying the rooftiles yesterday and have covered the most important section...*winks at Bali....
Heaven knows when the wekkers 'accidentally' and very tidily, stove in one of the top sections of our precast wall.. I was out? Hmmm.... must of made a fair amount of noise ja...*shrugs...
My best was the Head wekkers feigned astonishment when I pointed out the big gap now in our wall....*chokes.... Years of practise no doubt?
Our ancient little fiddlewood tree also took an almighty beating as they fitted the big rafters, but it may yet recover...
Des (the Head Droog), and his wekkers, look to be the least likely to make a damaging mistake like that so......? Is it a hilarious coincidence that the gap is in Direct Line of Sight to so much over at St. Theresa's and the head of the valley? *falls over..... and would match up perfectly to where I would've put all the techno equipment once that little Power House is completed? *chokes...
So there I was, well after 11.00pm last night, watching as My Master tested out all the possible angles for his signal.... Repeated Hardy Boys flashing lights over to the GateKeepers at St. T's. The noise levels as they pumped out the radio waves in our direction was amazing...*grins.
Joey at No. 10 was freaking out and Bali's two unfortunate pups got quite hysterical at one point...*shrugs...
I'm not guessing here BTW, nope, its a given.... it most certainly IS the strength of the signal that is driving them nutz....*hawks....
At 11.45pm I watched the Airwing chopper leaving the Microwave tower for the umpteenth time, heading down to the Howard College tower block, and then finally, I slept....
Missus Courageous had picked up when I called late yesterday afternoon.... A pleasant change...*beams...
She tells me that they are not, after all, going to add the second story, due to the expense....*sticks out its other leg to be pulled....
Expense is certainly the least of the Heroic Couples worries...
I'm fairly certain that Jackie Selebi would happily give My Master a blank cheque at this point...*cackles.... Bali's devoted wife told me that instead, they will be moving their kitchen into the new extension...*bolt-eyed...
Not a window to be seen overlooking us, (as requested), but neither was there a window made, facing the Convent, for some inexplicable reason...*shrugs.... A windowless kitchen? A modern concept and one I struggle to grasp ...*keels over laughing...
I was simply delighted that their girls were not, as originally told me, going to be sleeping in an upstairs room in Direct Line of Sight to Everything.... in retrospect however, I consider them to be in just as much of a dodgy situation.... Their reckless and gungho papa is going to go overboard with his powerful installations fosho.....*cackles...
Kitchen se voet! His own version of the Convent's Power House more like...*shrugs and waits with interest for more techno-magic....
That huge two-day deliberate water runoff over the 15th and 16th October (previously blogged), with a great set of pictures dated and giving the time? Turns out that Missus Bernie and the guys at No. 14 have both received official notification that their home water useage has rocketed, that they must have leaks, and that they will now be liable for the wasteage....*falls over laughing.... Nice try by the Utterly Corrupt!
Yes, I saw a small leak in the road outside Bernie's yesterday afternoon, but of a certainty deliberately done, and I'm guessing the droogs will be back and digging quite shortly....*smiles...
I seriously think that one of the major carrots offered to prospective Wimax Trialists here in the Zone, has been to waive their rates on utilities ie. water and electricity - in some cases completely, or at the very least, to offer them Drastically Reduced rates....
This largesse will be covered by the enormous rates hikes paid for by your average clueless homeowner ie. the GameWrecker, Bernie, No. 10, Sue the Book and Basil, to mention but a few....*cackles... I figure its time for Everyone to start reading their meters and keeping logs...*grins...
Later:
I've been admiring the additional unasked for 'extras' put on No. 14's house, when his renovations were done. Classy (see pics) and the fact that Freddie the Bookkeeper/Bomber has had his picket fencing recently removed to give these illegal 'tweaks' better Line of Sight, makes them all the more interesting...
It was while we were taking our enforced offline break, that I met a woman in Westville. Her husband does some lawyering for the Ethekwini Municipality and she claimed to be aware of the Big Brother Project. They were told it was designed to give SARS access to businesses records so tax evaders could be nabbed..... *coughs and chokes...
Say what??!!! My word, those Telkom/Eskom/Govt. Spin Doctors are fekkin brilliant!....*cackles...
May I ask how much undeclared loot good old Trevor hopes to find under the mattresses of the 5 year old orphans over at St. Theresa's? How many sacks of cash are hidden in the Senior Boys Hostel? (Senior = as young as ten years old)?
Are all the sacks of cash sitting over at the Manse, while Father Denker counts and recounts his tax-free rewards? *vomits....
Has our Controller mentioned my trip over to Howard College Uni last Thursday? Such an adventure it turned out to be....*beams...
I had finally found another dead toad lying in the middle of my front lawn... (if it was deliberately placed there as some sort of message, I am eternally grateful for the Pass it gave me to enter the Uni grounds legitimately...)*keels over laughing.....
I spent a happy hour discussing the Government subsidised base-station that the University has now become, with a man who is, though admittedly no expert on toads, keenly interested nonetheless....*beams....
I was fortunate while there, to acquire some really good closeup pictures of the top of the tower block and whatever it is that attracts the Airwing chopper like a moth to a flame...*cackles...
I have as a result, moved on to album number 4....*smiles...
Are the Telkom Wimax Trialists finally being cautioned about speaking to me? *puzzled...
That they have all been told I am the Village Idiot is fairly obvious...*grins and waves to Ismael and Jameela....
Have I recently been upgraded to a Dangerous Idiot?...*keels over laughing....
May I take a detour tomorrow evening just before the CPF Meeting, and distribute my cards at the Wimax Tutoring session held up on the Hill? To ensure that ALL the so-fortunate trialists can access my Blog?
I am perfectly happy to drop off printouts in post boxes as I career about on a Thursday or over the weekends? *beams.... It is, after all, only fair that they be filled in on some of the glaring gaps in their Wireless education?
Of the involvement of Earl Barnabas and Koobair the Squat with Selebi and this wondrous Project?
Of the use of financially vulnerable institutions and the enormous risks (so vehemently denied) to the orphans over at St. Theresa's base-station.
Of the nailing of Basil at No. 4 Harris Crescent by massively high EMF levels in 2005 and the symptoms so clearly affecting Sue the Book and Penny.
That the canine population are radically affected whenever the wireless system is activated and vocally protest.
I have little doubt that there would be no ritual burning of Telkom Wireless routers as a result of my scribblings. But at least they would be able to make the choice for themselves?
The wekker droogs call to one another as they lay more tiles on my Masters new building.
Patches of blue are growing between the clouds and a soft breeze is blowing.
The orphanage looks shockingly derelict and rundown, despite the overload of strangely barred windows. Repainting the building was not on the Corrupts list of Things To Do? *gags...
I have the pictures to prove that Bali in his infinite wisdom, still insists on activating the aerials inside St. Theresa's church itself, despite the remote possibility that some churchgoers may find it repugnant...*cackles...
One of the changes on our newly repaired PC was the Area connection 4 task bar icon.... I noticed that we have now acquired yet another icon - this time saying Area 2... see pics.
Hovering over the Area 4 icon now gives a 'cable is unplugged' message....*grins...
So last night the GameWrecker took it upon himself to delete the icon he considered to be excess baggage i.e. Area 2, effectively losing his connection despite rebooting and even doing a restore....*laughs....
Have I not said repeatedly, that our connection depends entirely (and always has), on the current mood that my Master wears? It has nothing at all to do with our ISP tradepage, that so happily accepts the GameWrecker's hard-earned money each month.... Pffftt...
Nothing to do with iBurst, who are currently making a massive push here in the Zone, to convert users to their brand of wireless... a brand that we as guinea pigs have proven to be compatible with Wimax and the Big Brother Project?..*keels over....
The mere fact that the GameWrecker insists on using Norton AND subscribes to iBurst is irrevocable proof that I am not alone in my Tardishness....*shrieks...
He certainly had no idea that by clicking delete on the Area 2 icon he would lose and be unable to restore his connection...
This morning, he finally discovered how to re-enable the Area 2 Network connection and we are, amazingly, back in business.... *beams....
Peace and happiness from the Zone...
---oOo---
Published Sunday 11th November 2007 at 11.10am