Thursday, November 15, 2007

BRING ME HIS HEAD.....
(begun Thursday at 3.20am)
I have a dream. To stand in my garden on a fine, clear night, with one whom I could trust implicitly...*grins...
Someone that has the ability to label every light visible, correctly....
Who knows which are standard lighting and which are the new, combination aerial/lights...
Who could explain in simple terms the noise so clearly coming from St. Theresa's...*smiles...
Who could explain the function of the steel palisade fencing section that has the dull red/orange glow both top and bottom, without any backlighting...
Who would tell me the real reason behind the strange metal bars covering the orphanage windows and the magical finish on the window panes...
Someone who could tell me why, as I sit here at 3.30am, I am suddenly too hot.
I did not escape the mid-life crisis and menopausal hot flushes...*cackles... Before each flush, I would feel an internal click if you will, then a wave of nausea, followed by overwhelming heat...
Not a happy time at all...*shrugs...
There is now no warning click prior to the heat I so often experience in the house these days and seldom nausea either....
is this merely a variation of menopause at 62? *weirdness.....
A boring topic to most of you but repetition is par for the course in the elderly...*cackles....
My hearing this morning is thick, but not unduly noisy at all...in fact the 'crickets' in my ears appear to be having a lie-in compared to the noise emitted from the Convent...
What is the function of the light above 32 Michan Roads back door? It is such a short distance from the actual streetlight behind it and yet in size and intensity of output, it leaves the streetlight in the shade....*chortles...
A couple more of these extremely bright white lights have now appeared on the 'cottages' the other side of the Playing Field..
How many of these strange lights are situated on Charlie Andersons property in Grindrod Road? *beams....
So many of these lights seem to start off as orange and eventually become dazzling white...
I was watching from the window at 6.15am yesterday when Nobby gave one loud, anxious bark and I looked up in time to see one of the huge aerial/lights on the Power House itself had just been activated.
How is it that he can 'feel' this light?
Undoubtedly a most irritating list of questions to an Electrical Engineer involved in this Project, and I have to wonder how many honest answers they could give me....*grins...
Do they have access to reports, hidden to the public for fear of wholesale hysteria? *cackles...
Have the symptoms both I and the dogs experience, been documented for years?
The deep orange and beautiful Port-a-lights that are lugged about to different locations over the way, seem to disturb the dogs more than most.
The same orange that has now been fitted in the orphanage foyer...*cackles.... The same orange that is outside in the garden at the Senior Boys Hostel, facing us directly and often left on well after daybreak...(see pics).
Eh -- enough about the lights... I have much to do today and no idea when I will get back to updating this journal.....Laterz..
Thursday early evening:
I had a great day and sit now in my boy's room watching the lightning play across the sky.
For all the crime and stress in this country it has to be said that people are always willing to be friendly... Everywhere I go I am met with smiles... except....hmmm *grins...
I deliberately chose to drive through Sparks Road lunch time traffic on my way home and, stuck nose to tail at every traffic light, I enjoyed the sights and sounds of so many people going about their business....
I stopped off at the Station to deliver CPF stuff and passed a very sombre looking Captain Lazarus....(?) Sadly, der Kommissar too, was singularly unsmiling, but the gorgeous Navi more than made up the shortfall...*beams...
I hope she will still smile at me should I end up occupying one of their tiny little holding cells...*chortles...
There was blood spilled at the Pavillion today though I've not yet seen a newspaper. Navi said der Kommissar is going back on the streets himself soon. Does this mean the vast desk AND the Project will be abandoned? *fingers crossed...
It is past time Barnabas and the Rotten Apples were reined in,and if the only way to do this is to recuse der Kommissar from being tied to Jackie Selebis Orders, then I can only applaud the decision...*beams and waits with anticipation for a massive clean-up....
Strangely enough when I looked out this morning at 4.30am,I swear not a light or aerial shone from the dormitories upper floor at the Senior Boys Hostel. Now theres one for the books indeed!...*astonished...
Needless to say, the sodium Port-a-Light was still on,out in the garden at 5.30am..pffftt...
Having blogged just yesterday of the impossible amount of water at the foot of the hill opposite, and the probability of there being a new access point created below the Senior Boys to covertly run off yet more water - I was amused to glance up at about 6.00am in time to see a white bakkie leaving that very area in a great hurry...*falls over laughing...
Turning on more water or turning it off? Some twit has clearly decided that, after a few drops of rain, these deliberate runoffs can be excused as storm water....*cackles.... Well NOT. The outdoor potplant saucers were bone-dry this morning and have been dry for a few days, so clearly not nearly enough rain to explain the pools of water across the way....*laughing....
At 6.00pm a rainbow appeared over the Convent and the Captain of Courage activated the orphanage foyer light....busy busy busy....
The white Golf pulled in for a while after 4.00pm - so yet more adjustments being made to the electrical system in my Masters new Playroom...*puts on its rubber soled boots....
Despite the huge grey clouds that roll in, I feel strangely optimistic....
Will I get to hear the thunder of hooves as the Cavalry rides in to protect these kids from Greed & Corruption? As a realist, I have my doubts....*grins...
Who indeed will monitor the Monitors?
I wish you peace on this awesome evening here in the Zone...
---oOo---
Thursday 15th November 2007 at 7.13pm.