Sunday, October 21, 2007

THE VALLEY OF THE DEAF.....?
At 4.15am this morning, the single Gothic window visible on the church, blazed out once again, while the Recreation Centre glowed amongst the trees.....*smiles...
The hadedas called noisily to each other... something that, even a few months back, would have had the killer pack at No. 16 on their feet and baying... Not any more...*puzzled...
The GameWrecker too, remarked how odd he found it, that the Nobster lay in full view the other evening and yet did not rise to greet him as he usually does...
Has the dog gone deaf? he asked....*shrugs...
In retrospect, an excellent question.
If you have been paying any sort of attention, you will know that my hearing has 'changed'....
that now the skies echo when an aircraft flies overhead and more so when it is overcast...*cackles...
That the cricket song in my ears changes frequently and occasionally, ceases altogether for short periods. Easily ascribed to some form of tinnitis and old age right?
Erm, I don't think so....*chortles...
Babbling on about burning hands, aching teeth and pressure in the ears, merely results in remarks like ' a touch of arthritis'...*smiles... yes, I do try to pay attention.
So, though I find it generally speaking, rivetting, to feel these weird things happening to my physical self and knowing that it IS the effect of the EMF causing it, I mostly resist mentioning it...*beams...
After all, it appears to result in even more mirth and scepticism...(quite understandably).
I have noticed for a couple of weeks if not longer, that as I go up the stairs, Nobby no longer rushes to the wall to greet me... the white rats are there and still fairly noisy with their hellos..
In dog speak Nobby has recognised their yaps to mean there may be a dog biscuit around and has always muscled his way to the front row first.
I rattle my keys loudly at 5.00pm and usually give them a tiny msg loaded treat bought at the vets.... he now appears to no longer even hear the keys...
He still gives the occasional WTF bark as Bali cranks up the system. Noticeably, soon after I go to bed and the remote has sounded its FU signal...*grins...
Let's ask Cyril and Prameet up at No. 16 shall we? Have they not noticed how much quieter their dogs have become?
I would guess his big old dog kept getting out in an attempt to escape the radio waves? Be honest now.... It was always about the same time in the early morning that the wireless system was activated when the dog escaped?
Godfrey's dogs too, have dumbed down astonishingly in recent weeks. I had already remarked to No. 4 that I seldom, if ever, hear their Jody as I used to... or Dilshaad's Spotty for that matter...*laughs..
Weird how their barking doesn't bother me half as much as their silence..
If by some amazing coincidence (haha) all these dogs hearing has been erm, 'changed' ( I hesitate to use the term damaged), are we now all sitting with useless watchdogs? With their acute hearing, these animals are often your frontline of defence and a warning system to rely on....*falls over laughing...
So in effect, it is possible that the Wimax Trialists have now satisfactorily shot themselves in both feet! Firstly by buying into the Grand Scheme, never for a moment realising the true nature of 100% Privacy Invasion, and now by removing a huge part of their only defence against crime...
Can dogs hearing be tested?
I have no idea at all, but would have to say that if the wind was right, they could surely still smell you or a visitor? For this reason testing would prove difficult...*shakes it's head... the windy months are here and may well distort their hearing further...
To those Telkom Wimax Trialists that read this blog, I would suggest you no longer rely on Fido to sound the alarm in the event of unwanted visitors...Though possibly those dogs living higher up the Crescent have not been so badly affected?
The dogs here at the head of the valley and further over towards Sparks Road are still foolishly and loudly resisting these changes.... There is nowhere for them to run and eventually they too will accept their new hearing and calm down...*beams..
My early hopes that the monitoring devices attached to the streetlight poles would lead to a crime-free Zone, have been repeatedly dashed...
Sue the Book's kid having his bike taken from behind a locked and chained gate right opposite the Chicken King's palace, was a classic case in point...*frowns..
Whatever promises have been made - forget it. You are on your own.
One of the kids over on the Playing field has shinned up onto the soccer goalposts...hmmm...
I could've sworn that not so long ago these were treated to a coat of conductive paint?
The same treatment as Freddie's Wendyhouse roof and the two long roofs over behind Howard College (see pics). What makes conductive paint conduct? Hopefully not a lead base? *shrugs..
How many other items that the orphans come into contact with daily, have been treated similarly? *curious...
Again I have to suggest that an International Human Rights Organisation may be fairly startled by your choice of base-stations...possibly even grossed out as well? *grins...
If I am right (and I suspect that this is one of those extremely rare occasions), in that the local dogs have had their hearing 'altered' due to the unstable amounts of EMF here in the valley, can you say that young children are unaffected?
Missus C has the right idea....she takes hers away from the valley as often as she can...*beams...
Sabeera's young son goes off to school but what about the holidays?
Has she figured out he shouldn't linger in the Zone?
Missus C told me that her 2 girls will eventually sleep upstairs in the second story planned... Will the Chicken King use his own kids to make a point??
I reiterate that those affected most, appear to be people who work from home and do not leave the area much at all..
The GameWrecker escaped for a long time, until extras were set up at Freddie's, which now nail him continuously...*cackles..
Why was Elizabeth suddenly made redundant? If she was indeed preggers (according to Missus C and denied by Liz) where is the child?
What was the real reason she had to move out of the servants quarters? Was she taking strain with ear pressure etc?
A secret that we will certainly never get to know...*grins...
Were there alterations made down in the kaia after her departure? Has the smell of sewage which rises now and then, got anything to do with the Wireless Project?
Happily re-employed, she now travels here to work daily, and no doubt leaves her phantom baby back in the township? *ponders...
Another miracle of coincidence that our power was slammed off yesterday afternoon, seconds after I had logged my blogs publishing time in the #trivia channel?
Indeed no chance happening, but clearly a further demonstration of our Controllers rage and irritation at my cheek...*collapses cackling...
I predict this behaviour will continue and even increase, as the rush of blood to his power-crazed head overrides any caution..*beams..
Halleluja and amen...
The Heroic Pair had the wekkers back on the job at 7.30am this morning...*smiles... if the finished work is as good as their kitchen extension done a few years back, it should be stunning..
Will they spend more time at home then, or will Bali be left to skulk alone behind the controls, happily undisturbed by domestic issues? *curious.... only time will tell...
A 'proper' soccer match started after 11.0am over on the Playing Field. Hopefully the first of many, that will instill a genuine love for the game into the local youngsters well before 2010...*beams..
At 10 to 12pm, the Airwing cessna (or like) came really low overhead, and though I was quite visibly delighted and the Pilot waggled his/her wings clearly, I am fairly certain that My Controller and his family next door, were the recipients of this greeting....*cackles...
They circled several times over their assets and I wondered if it was Jackie Selebi himself with Earl Barnabas along for the ride...*grins...
I feel indeed fortunate to have quite so many haikona and hau! moments in what may appear to you, a very low-key and boring life... I accept that I will probably never have answers to all the questions that fly round my head, but I am happy to carry on hoping...
From the beautiful valley of the quite possibly deaf, here in the Zone, I wish you Peace...
---oOo---
Sunday 21st October 2007 at 1.07pm.

Now 8.59pm : When I went up at 5.00pm to open the gates, I spotted a really big lake of water right below the boundary wall at the Senior Boys Hostel.... it cannot be blamed on the rain so ... another ooops moment? I have never seen a leak/run-off of that size in that particular location before.... eish....

Gnite....